• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Glitch a Darkrai... at the cost of your savefile :x

Misty

I'm the TRASH MAN! I eat GAHBAGE!
Reaction score
http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs9/genmessage.php?board=925601&topic=31231863

Basically, this has to do with a glitch in the E4 rooms that allows you to enter a ton of areas that can normally only be entered by hacking/events. In fact, you can skip the entire E4 and just go to the end.

Well, Kabigon found a way to get to the area with Darkrai using this glitch. Only downside is, if you try to catch it, you will get stuck to unable to get out without restarting... and if you save, say good-bye to your savefile. Anyone who wants to try to find a nonlethal method to using this glitch is welcome to try, but be aware of the risks X)

What does the game do after you do this? Would it be possible to fly away or soemthign to this extent?

Have we really gone back to the days of Red and Green? I should have been more careful when I wished for Diamond and Pearl to achieve similar impact on players to that of the original games.

Those little glitches were cool though, I remember how cool finding a Missingno was...

How does one start the glitch and access Darkrai?

• Staff
Battle the E4. In the first room with the E4 trainer (I believe it's the bug one), use surf on the door you just entered from. Then move towards the edge of the screen. You'll be in a black void. Walk around in there to start accessing odd areas.

i suppose they found it by experimentation. I find that the first editions of a game are always the glitchy ones. For example, my sapphire that i got when it released had the berry glitch. A ruby I got two years later didn't.

I keep getting stuck in blackness. Might there be more specific instructions?

- Trip

Oh, could you post a link to the Youtube video please. I'm interested in seeing this.

I'll be trying this once I get my M3 on Thursday. I'll attempt to acquire a save so I don't have to play all the way back through it. Not attempting to save in glitch area on my real cart.

- Trip

A video on youtube demonstrated the glitch. I'm not sure how the original user found it.

Hmm, yes, I do recall reading some... strange comments about Surfing in the black area in the E4 rooms on some Japanese forums... so this is it, huh.

Perhaps the bug was discovered when someone walked to the door and tried to talk to it.

Personally, I'd love to know what mistake in the programming causes it to happen. That's kind of mind-boggling...

Not the programming, I think, but the map/tile data. A tile accidentally marked as Surf-able when it's not. Or something like that.

Please note: The thread is from 18 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom