• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Guess that reference!

Probably Hetalia.
That one secret track on a Wipeout game that sarcastically mocked you for messing up?
First I've heard of it. I know Wave Race: Blue Storm has a secret sarcastic announcer, and Daytona USA makes you lose all your sponsors if you go to a certain route in Dinosaur Canyon, but neither of them are the reference I just made, haha.

"Great job! I got everything on camera, so you watch it later, huh? You're the greatest!"
[gabber music continues]

Next hint in the next post.

Hmm... I'm going to guess it's either from Kill la Kill or a Tarantino movie...

"When I look into all of your stupid faces, I think about how much fun it will be to pound them into dust."

Guessing Hetalia, from your current profile.

(My last one was from Cars 2.)

"This is a tale from long ago. It is a tale of the first people of this land."
(Note: another English translation of the thing this is from says "settlers" instead of "people".)

It could honestly be anything for all I know.

"GRAAAAHHH!!! THIS IS THE STUPIDEST VACATION! YOU DRAG ME FROM HOME, JAM ME IN THIS DUMB CAR, AND DRIVE A MILLION MILES AWAY TO SEE SOME STUPID RAT SHOW!!! Call me when the trip's over!"
(Some of you may have seen me gushing about how much I loved it recently)

uhhh is it some gooby stuff? just a guess

i hope the transliteration is correct in this blast from the past
alo, salut, sunt eu, un haiduc
si te rog, lubirea mea primeste fericirea
alo, alo, sunt eu, picasso,
ti-am dat beep

Uhhh... IDK

Hi! I like shorts! They're comfy and easy to wear!

Sounds almost like a fighting game thing but IDK lol
alo, salut, sunt eu, un haiduc
si te rog, lubirea mea primeste fericirea
alo, alo, sunt eu, picasso,
ti-am dat beep
Dragostea Din Tei... now that's an old song.

"Great job! I got everything on camera, so you watch it later, huh? You're the greatest!"
[gabber music continues]

Here's your hint: Shinji Hosoe is the one behind the music here. Think I'll go for a different reference next time...

Hmm, that means it's some kind of game, possibly a classic Capcom arcade game... Imma say... Ridge Racer.

"GRAAAAHHH!!! THIS IS THE STUPIDEST VACATION! YOU DRAG ME FROM HOME, JAM ME IN THIS DUMB CAR, AND DRIVE A MILLION MILES AWAY TO SEE SOME STUPID RAT SHOW!!! Call me when the trip's over!"

[1] "My life's a living-"
[2] "HELL-o little buddy!"
[1] *Turns his back to the amusement park costume that has just approached*
[2] "Who's your favourite possum?"
[1] "Don't, touch me."
[2] "Aww, why such a long face? You're so sad, boo hoo. I know! you need a biiiiiig hug from [name]!"
[1] "Don't even think about i-!" *is grabbed up in a massive hug*
[2] "See? Now you feel aaaaaall good inside!"
[1] *Squirms out of the hug* *Slaps the costume head backwards* "Beat it doofus!" *Is already gearing up for a backhand*

Some sort of anime review?
Hmm, that means it's some kind of game, possibly a classic Capcom arcade game... Imma say... Ridge Racer.
> Capcom

Seriously though, aside from that detail (Ridge Racer is a Namco IP), that's actually right on the mark! It's what the announcer says if you manage to finish a race in 1st. The gabber music (and Shinji Hosoe) hint point toward the song that plays during that time, named win win win (Death Mix) - though you might not find any videos on the song itself because the publishers of the album for that game really don't like showing people outside of Japan those videos if it happens to have songs from there (despite the fact that some games that they released albums for have had new albums released since then which would technically be under the copyright of someone else - the arcade game Fighter & Attacker (also known as F/A) is a perfect example of this, having its soundtrack being released under SuperSweep later as part of the Shinji Hosoe Works series of retro albums).

"NO! I DIDN'T COME THIS FAR TO BE BREAKFAST!"

...I don't know, but I kinda want to know and really don't want to know at the same time. Though it's probably from an amine if I were to hazzard a guess.

So, I've got two here, but since they're fairly similar I'm just going to put them in one post. Here's the first one:

Character A: "[Character D]!"

Character D: "In the four-color flesh, my friend! Sorry to have you carry me all the wy but I thought I'd be a literal "basket case" for a while!"
*[Character D] looks at the script with displeasure* "Ugh! I've been reduced to puns? The state of this undustry, I swear."

And the second one:

Character F: "Don't ever change, [Character D]."

Character D: "I promise I won't, [Character F]"
*[Character D] holds the script in hand again* "Seriously, never again. I finally get my own story arc - but it's about someone who isn't even me! Sixty pages, and I'm on a measly nine? I've got to renegotiate my contract."

Well, it's clearly something with plenty of medium awareness, if I were to hazard a guess, probably animated in some fashion. I dunno, MLP?

[1] "Son, I've been thinkin'.
[2] "Uh-oh"
[1] "You've worked hard to be responsible, so I think you deserve a reward."
[2] "You're gonna get me a car?"
[1] "Who wants a car when you can have, your very own parkin' space!"
[2] "That's uhh, great. Just great. Now if only I had something to park in it."
*A car falls cleanly into the parking space, the passengers of which run out and leave a "For sale" sign*
[2] *Puppy dog eyes*
[1] "Aww, alright."

Back
Top Bottom