• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Harley thread

Anyone with a sufficient amount of knowledge of the Japanese culture wanna comment on my "atashi" question? How consciously do the Japanese choose the pronouns they refer to themselves as?

I said he obviously not gay , because, even though he is very feminine, Harely doesn't hit on, or seem to be attracted to any males. Most of the stuff he did was to harass and embarrass Haruka/May. I want to see him in Hoso episode.

Well, then, he obviously cannot be straight in your eyes because Harley didn't hit on, or seem to be attracted to, any females either. Most of the stuff he did was again to embarrass Haruka/May. He stroked Jessie's ego knowing she was the kind of woman that wants to hear anything good about herself and got touchy-feely with May because he knew it would make her uncomfortable.

BTW, The Japanese think of Gay males, as men who want to be women, (the Anime Companion 2) so in their eyes, they probably see him as Gay.

????

^ A metrosexual would be Drew, not Harley.

Drew is a pretty boy who cares about his looks, but he also spent nearly all of AG hitting on May.

Harley on the other hand had a crush on Norman, (when James was dressed as him in the Hoenn GF), blew Drew a kiss, (although that was while he was dressed as May, so maybe he was trying to suggest Contestshipping?), and basically has suggestive mannerisms.

I can't really say anything new here, but I would be very suprised if Harley wasn't gay at all. He goes beyond meterosexuality XD

But, you have to admit, he's probably gay. Which makes him one of the most awesome chars ever.

Also, for that 'Atashi' question, I've never heard a male say 'atashi/watashi' outside of anime/my male classmates messing up the gender pronouns and calling themselves that. So, I'd say atashi/watashi is pretty female only, but can be used by males.

Please note: The thread is from 17 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom