• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Has your name ever been used in the anime?

Has your name been used yet?

• Total voters
My name is MARY GRACE
and it was used in the anime.. (the dubbed, of course)
SEPARATELY. :))

I believe MARY is a character of the day ..
with the lombre (??) as their guardian or something..
GRACE is a coordinator who has a medicham/medichan (forgot the spelling) and is also a rival of May ..

both are from Advanced Gen. :)

I have three names I associate with, one of which is a shortened version of my middle name. Though this name has not been used yet, my two names have been used three times. Two of them are the coordinators Robert and Joshua, and the other is Birch's assistant, also Joshua.

So my names have been used exclusively in the Hoenn saga, two times by coordinators. Why me D:

All I know is that, close enough, Ash wished he was called "Bob" instead.

Closest I can get, but has Bobby been used yet?

Once, to my knowledge. There were those characters of the day, the Champ Twins. One was named Ryan. Really wished it were something better, though.

In Spell of the Unown, David is the name of Molly Hale's butler, but I like going by Dave. =)

Well, my name hasn't been used yet but I saw someone named Salvia in the newspapers. Who knew it's an actual name? :p

My name, Robert was used for the Coordinator in the Advance episode "Win, Lose or Drew!", and again in the BW episode "The Four Seasons of Sawsbuck!" as a photographer. Both if Bulbapedia is correct were the same in both the Japanese and English Version of the two episodes.

Last edited:
My name isn't English so no. :p
Although, ofc, Lucy refers to Pike Queen Lucy and she was seen in Queen of the Serpentine!

My name isn’t an English one so unfortunately no...

But the name which I use as my Pokemon roleplay OC and my in-game name (Victor) was the name of Puka's owner in Pi-Kahuna, the Pikachu which inspired Alolan Raichu's theme.
It’s a happy coincidence that anime-Victor had a Pikachu too and gave rise to a new Raichu form since Raichu's my favourite Pokemon.

Took them pretty long but they used it for Samson Oak in the Spanish translation.

Yes, and it has been used in both the original and the dub. In Japanese version, Sara was a CotD in one of the fairly recent SM episodes, the PokeSled Jump Tournament one. As for the dub, the Princess of the Mirage Kingdom was named Sara (originally, she was named Sarah, so I don't count it). Both characters had really adorable and charming designs, so it makes me double happy :D

Funnily enough yes.

The two characters that share my first name is that COTD that Mike Pollock voiced in that Shroomish episode and Alex Davis who just so happened to be voiced by someone named Alex Davis.

Fun fact: He was actually a competition winner for one of the U.K. channels (either CITV or Sky One) hence why he sounds British.

After checking Bulbapedia just to make sure...

No, oddly enough, despite it being a very common male first name.

But it turns out that Steven’s father in the games, Mr. Stone, actually has the same first name as me. Who’d a thunk it?

Please note: The thread is from 10 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom