• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Heartwarming Winter Tales - Rules Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are/How do we create "spoiler tags"? And for all of you who just groaned audibly at this question, I'm akin to a baby when it comes to this sort of thing. I'm a ForumBaby. Hey, I like that.

Last edited:
You simply type in [*SPOILER] (without the little asterisk) at the beginning of what you want to spoiler, and [/SPOILER] at the end.

Thank Arceus the deadline has been extended. I intended to finish mine off today; but I spent my evening waiting for an ambulance that took hours to arrive.

I think there should be prizes for second and third place. Maybe a two dollar bill (because everybody loves those), or a heartfelt pat on the back.

There will be banners. Sorry, our budget didn't cover enough for two dollar bills XD

There will be banners. Sorry, our budget didn't cover enough for two dollar bills XD

It was certainly enough to cover a pre-order of Black and White o_O

And I don't have a submission because I didn't have the time to do it >_<

Maybe next year.

As I'm still writing mine (*hugs the extended deadline*), I was looking at the word counts of some of the entry entries (to try and make sure mine wasn't too long) and while skimming, I saw a lot of mention of Ash or Team Rocket...can there be a special mention for stories that DON'T include Ash or Team Rocket? xD
(And no, I haven't read anyone elses...wouldn't have the time anyway...too busy writing!).

Also, does the prize include P&P? Although to be honest, for people living in the UK, it might be better to arrange an EU pre-order, due to possible customs. Oh well, if that's not possible, it shouldn't be more than £10 anyway.

We aren't going to give special recognition to people who decided to break from the norm.

Say hello to our entire budget.

Say hello to a dead joke >_>

Ryu Shoji said:
As I'm still writing mine (*hugs the extended deadline*), I was looking at the word counts of some of the entry entries (to try and make sure mine wasn't too long)

10,000 words is a lot. You wouldn't be able to break it if you wanted to, with only three days' worth of writing.

I'd say that none of these stories are past 2,000.

I was aiming for mine to be around 3,000, but now it'll be 4,000. Usually, that's the length where after that, I get bored. Hence why with my novel, I cut the 9,000-word chapters in half =3

Though I've already finished my entry and all that, is it all right if you guys put the new deadline into the first posts for the "Heartwarming Winter Tales - Rules Thread"s?

It's sort of confusing when the first, "official" post says one thing, and then further on in the thread there's an update to the rules. (Kind of reminds me what happens to Phineas Fog in Around the World in Eighty Days, now that I think about it. :loopy:)

[EDIT] You guys are both efficient and awesome (like, awe-inspiring, I mean).

Last edited:
In the future can we please have deadlines that are deadlines.

I'm not sure when the last time this happened was but this has happened before in the Writer's Workshop (may have been before you guys were mods). Instead of putting up a deadline and then postponing it because people ask and it's flexible can you just make the deadline the real deadline and then if people ask for an extension - it's their own problem.

At the end of the day, there's been enough notice given that people should have been able to finish one shots. I can understand extending the deadline to the 24th since the other competitions had this deadline but if you were willing to postpone it to then from the beginning then why couldn't you have just set that as the deadline?

I understand that you're probably not intending to postpone it any longer but postponements are really annoying and it just gives off an amateurish vibe. I'd also appreciate it if I could get a response from the mods that actually takes this opinion into consideration rather than just explaining why I'm an idiot/wrong. I'm not saying this is the standard response from the mods but it's happened before and I really don't want to get into a disagreement that's just going to end with me being infracted.

I, personally, am VERY happy for the extended deadline. I turned mine in at 1:00 this morning! XD
Now the only problem is the tension of waiting an extra three days for the results...

Deadline saved me, as I spent most of the 19th waiing for an ambulance. Hopefully me entry should be up today.

Due to this and my earlier laptop death, I had to postpone BrightWorld though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom