• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Help for Generation 2021!

Zekurom

is obsessed with Noivern!
Reaction score
The past few chapters of Generation 2021 have been pretty slow, since my idea pool's been running dry for quite some time now.

Of course, you people wouldn't have noticed, because I had a backlog up till now. Now that the Bulbagarden version is caught up with the official version, I feel like I can actually start saying things here.

Rachel and Ken have currently been to four cities with Gyms, and have come across Diabla.

The problem is, I'm having trouble coming up with her motive. Diabla fights for female supremacy, and is there because of an abusive husband. But that seems like a poor excuse, and Ken calls her out on it. It just seems like I want some better villains, and some better excuses for what they do.

As well, I'm running out of filler. Between the Gym challenges, they do a lot of other stuff (Costume contests FTW! ^_^) but now I'm kind of miffed as to what they should do next.

(Also, Rachel only has one badge while Ken has none. But this is intentional, don't worry about that. It's the other stuff I'm worried about.)

I say you have a PETA-based group that is made up of normal people. Their main goal is to fool people into thinking training Pokemon hurts them, and, has so far succeeded quite well. Have them first be encountered in a so-far unexplored town, with propaganda out the wazoo. And their gym is under siege. One could also assume their excuse is quite relative, people will be creul to Pokemon (ie; every other evil team), and may make people think bad of trainers, identifying them with people who tried to destroy the world in the past. And, on a name...... PETP (People for the Ethical Treatment of Polemon).

And, on a name......PETP (People for the Ethical Treatment of Polemon).

So, kind of like monsters from Poland? I bet you could make a lot of sausages out of those. Mmm, sausages...

Or maybe they're just really tall and long monsters. Ones that you can use to hit others with. The higher the base stats, the longer they are. XD

(Just playing with you. No worries ;-))

I say you have a PETA-based group that is made up of normal people. Their main goal is to fool people into thinking training Pokemon hurts them, and, has so far succeeded quite well. Have them first be encountered in a so-far unexplored town, with propaganda out the wazoo. And their gym is under siege. One could also assume their excuse is quite relative, people will be creul to Pokemon (ie; every other evil team), and may make people think bad of trainers, identifying them with people who tried to destroy the world in the past.

But... that's not what I was asking for... although this might help with the second instalment, for which I don't have a villainous team yet. Thanks anyway.

Actually, come to think about it, I don't think Diabla's motive is the problem - it's her means of achieving that motive. Currently I have the stereotypical thing of using a legendary Pokemon to destroy the world. But I don't want to keep that - that seems too cliché.

We're actually doing this for a fanmade game--*shot for discussing fanmade games*

Got it. Why not just have them get attacked by a Musharna and enter the Dream World? Or, have a sudden natural disaster (which are always fun).

Got it. Why not just have them get attacked by a Musharna and enter the Dream World?

I'm not planning on introducing concepts from Gen.5 until the second instalment, which is to be written in 2011. It's titled "Generation 2024: The Dragon Trainer", as my signature says.

This is because it was started before Gen.5 was even announced, and I don't want to suddenly put new things like that in there.

So you want ideas for new fillers between towns?

Actually, fillers within towns would be good as well. So far they haven't been doing that much gymming, and that's on purpose. They escaped from an underground labyrinth in Pewter City, and had the contest there as well.

I'm not planning on introducing concepts from Gen.5 until the second instalment, which is to be written in 2011. It's titled "Generation 2024: The Dragon Trainer", as my signature says.

I've introduced and used Pokemon and concepts from the Isshu games already in my fics, because they are pretty cool, and add to the depth of the world. For example, in Stay Tuned, Folks, I had Cyrus kill a Shimama with a chainsaw. In Tarnished Gold, I had Lucas visit Isshu.

Okay, well. I've only had my fic go to one town. But my main character has battled Contesta as a Filler. My rivals show up a lot as well.

I've introduced and used Pokemon and concepts from the Isshu games already in my fics, because they are pretty cool, and add to the depth of the world. For example, in Stay Tuned, Folks, I had Cyrus kill a Shimama with a chainsaw. In Tarnished Gold, I had Lucas visit Isshu.

They would, but you started your fic later than I did, when the Gen.5 information was already out. Mine is kind of burdened with continuity problems.

I'm not trying to be defensive (if I am, tell me), but I'm just explaining why your suggestion might not work with what I have now.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom