• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy Mafia - END GAME - 2/23/12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy Mafia - Day 5 - 2/22/12

Unvote:piximon
Vote:Master Mew

I'm not mafia. I wasn't being serious. I am now. Let's end this.

Nothing you say at this point can stop people from voting you
Allow me to give it a go anyway (since I'm not Mafia):

Unvote: Magepigeon

Reason: Honestly, I'm pretty sure they're innocent.

Vote: Nælþarion

Reason: The Mafia has clearly been inactive lately, thus the lack of Nightkills, and nothing says "inactive lately" like Nælþarion.

Last edited:

Nothing you say at this point can stop people from voting you
Allow me to give it a go anyway:

Unvote: Magepigeon

Reason: Honestly, I'm pretty sure they're innocent.

Vote: Nælþarion

Reason: The Mafia has clearly been inactive lately, thus the lack of Nightkills, and nothing says "inactive lately" like Nælþarion.

Yeah, I see what's going on. You've already confirmed yourself for mafia. There isn't any point in trying to mess with an inactive town.

Yeah, I see what's going on. You've already confirmed yourself for mafia. There isn't any point in trying to mess with an inactive town.
Good luck with your lies. :-D

I'm not Mafia. And I've never claimed to be.

Last edited:

Argus, you were the only one I'm not pretty sure is town and also not Mewie. So, Vote: Argus Claydol

Since y'all are suddenly listening to me (i.e. voting for me because Neonsands says I claimed Mafia WAY back... which did not happen), listen to this:

No Nightkill = Inactive Mafia = Inactive Members = Nælþarion

Last edited:
Voting is closed update will be up soon.

EDIT:

"He was one of them. Did he ever change sides?"

Dear Master Mew

you are Yooden Vranx. You are Betelgeusian, and used to be the President of the Galaxy before your term ended and Zaphod Beeblebrox took over. You are part of the town, but will appear as Mafia if checked by a cop.

Master Mew was lynched He was allied with the town

BY MASTER MEW BEING LYNCHED THE GAME IS OVER. for real this time MAFIA TAKE THE WIN.

Here are the other role pm's.

Dear Ino-Chan

you are Prostetnic Vogon Jeltz, a Vogon. You were charged with destroying the Earth and managed to do it. You enjoy reading poetry to prisoners as a form of torture. You are part of the Mafia, and your powers are being able to kill people at night and lynch people during the day.

Dear Piximon

you are Humma Kavula, and live amongst the Jatravartid people. You ran against Zaphod Beeblebrox for president, but lost. You are a “priest” among the Jatravartid people. You are part of the Mafia and your powers are being able to kill people at night and lynch people during the day.

Dear Nælþarion

you are Frankie Mouse. You are a Mouse, and one of the two leaders of Earth, although hardly anyone knows that. You tried to steal Arthur Dent's brain but his friends stopped you. You are part of the Mafia, but will come up as town if checked by a cop.

Dear Neonsands

you are Zaphod Beeblebrox. You are a Betelgeusian, and used to be the President of the Galaxyhave been a fugitive ever since you stole the Heart of Gold. You are part of the town, and your powers are your vote and your knowledge.

Dear Magepigeon

you are Trillian. You are Human, and got taken into space by Zaphod Beeblebrox after a party. You are the main brain of the mission. You are part of the town, and your role is the doctor, meaning that you can protect a user of your choice every night.

Dear Muk-a-matic

you are Eddie, a computer on the Heart of Gold. You are programed with a Sirius Cybernetics Corporation Genuine People Personality, but that makes you annoying to just about everyone. You are part of the town and your powers are your vote and your knowledge.

GOOD JOB TO INO-CHAN, PIXIMON, AND Nælþarion. * clapping*

My views on the game will be out soon. As will the QT.

Last edited:

Le sigh.

I told y'all to Lynch Nælþarion.

To me it seems like @Piximon was the mafia VIP and @Noensands was the town VIP.
@Master Mew's guesses were almost right on the mark so points to him for that.
@Magepigeon did well surviving til the end because I believe this was his first game.
@Ino-Chan and @Nelthy didn't really do any thing here or in the QT so I think they are the worst players for the game.
@Argus Claydol did fairly well his knowledge of the series was his main advantage.
@No Lynch didn't have much time to live but while he did he was a good cop, He was the main player when he was still in.
@Thanatos didn't do all that much he was a good player he just didn't last long enough to be of any main help to the town.
@Kuroii even though you were almost subbed out at the very beginning you were a ok player, you didn't bring all that much to the game nor did you take any away from it.
@Kyumorph you just didn't last long at all so not a whole lot on you just that you had bad luck.
@Shiny Celebi again you didn't last long so you didn't have time to leave a lasting impression on the game.
I think that is every one. @Zenax care to add more?

Here is a conversation between Magepigeon and Neonsands.
Monday, February 20, 2012
Magepigeon (6:04:51 PM): did i wreck that mafia game or what
neonsandsurpg (6:06:04 PM): Meh
neonsandsurpg (6:06:15 PM): I should have made more of an effort to figure things out
neonsandsurpg (6:06:27 PM): and the mafia didn't even contribute
neonsandsurpg (6:06:31 PM): that is never fun
Magepigeon (6:06:58 PM): I was too adamant on a decision I made before there was enough information to be suspicious
Magepigeon (6:07:35 PM): are these games usually more exciting?
neonsandsurpg (6:07:39 PM): Yeah
neonsandsurpg (6:08:00 PM): I think it's the fact that nobody had any sort of ability except for you and No Lynch
Magepigeon (6:08:54 PM): I'm basically a bulletproof instead of a doctor at this point because I'm an obvious mafia target and i can protect myself
Magepigeon (6:09:47 PM): if theres more mafia than town at this point, couldn't they all stop hiding it and publicly have the majority on lynch?
neonsandsurpg (6:11:38 PM): Yeah
neonsandsurpg (6:11:52 PM): If the mafia ends up killing somebody tonight
neonsandsurpg (6:12:00 PM): They have an even number with the town
neonsandsurpg (6:12:07 PM): at least, that is how the numbers should work out
Magepigeon (6:12:22 PM): there's always the chance we have an odd power sitting around
Magepigeon (6:12:36 PM): we might still have a chance if there's an X-shot vig or something
neonsandsurpg (6:12:55 PM): I wish. it seems extremely unlikely
neonsandsurpg (6:13:01 PM): Just like MM's fool claim
Magepigeon (6:13:17 PM): watch him be mafia at the end
neonsandsurpg (6:13:26 PM): He is
Magepigeon (6:13:27 PM): maybe we should lynch him to see what happens
neonsandsurpg (6:13:29 PM): Definitely
neonsandsurpg (6:13:44 PM): I'm 99% sure he is mafia now
Magepigeon (6:13:52 PM): theres no way he's town, and if he's a bomb or something, we were screwed anyway.
neonsandsurpg (6:14:26 PM): It was a pretty lucky claim
Magepigeon (6:16:19 PM): Should we c/p this to the thread to make our point, or just write it out again?
neonsandsurpg (6:19:27 PM): Doesn't really matter at this point.
neonsandsurpg (6:19:40 PM): I'll call him out on it tomorrow, if that helps
neonsandsurpg (6:20:16 PM): By chance, if he does end up being fool. There might still be a chance to win.
Magepigeon (6:20:16 PM): if i put in the thread, do i still have to bother with PMing it to the GMs?
neonsandsurpg (6:20:26 PM): Probably not
neonsandsurpg (6:20:31 PM): Let me look
Magepigeon (6:20:35 PM): ok
Magepigeon (6:21:08 PM): we're probably supposed to since we're allowed to tamper with logs to put them in the chat, but not with the PMs
neonsandsurpg (6:21:43 PM): Please send all copies of conversations, including, PMs, Quicktopics, Skype or aim convos to BOTH Zenax and Soulmaster. If you send a PM, include us using the Advanced Options. You also may share copies of private messages in thread, including screenshots. (Obviously not role PMs).
neonsandsurpg (6:21:48 PM): Yeah, you have to send it
Magepigeon (6:21:57 PM): ok

Here is the Mafia QT it is VERY empty: Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Mafia - QuickTopic free message board hosting
I think that is everything for now. @Zenax have anything more to add?

For the record, at the beginning of the game I was experimenting with something. Specifically, I was attempting to see if I could pull off THIS gambit - to great success, I might add. And if I hadn't dropped it later to pursue a legitimate target, I believe I could've kept it up throughout the game.

@Master Mew, you were trying to throw the game, weren't you?

I lived all throughout a game for the first time! YAY!

This is day is a good day for meeeeee....even though I lost...I still made progress...yay...

Last edited:
I'll gladly take worst player in this game. I'm sorry I didn't do more

Why don't those of you who haven't, transfer over to Sailor Moon Mafia? No franchise knowledge required...5 slots left!

I wish it could have been a little more active, but overall I'm glad there were votes everyday and the game was able to be completed. Soulmaster did a good job at hosting.

For the record, at the beginning of the game I was experimenting with something. Specifically, I was attempting to see if I could pull off THIS gambit - to great success, I might add. And if I hadn't dropped it later to pursue a legitimate target, I believe I could've kept it up throughout the game.

Don't ever try and pull this again. Especially in a mafia without roles.

My thoughts:

Technically the game should not have ended, since the mafia didn't have an advantage in numbers. However, it was your call seeing as how you never did clearly define win requirements.

And overall, it's kind of disappointing that the mafia managed to win without doing anything. We could have still won, even if there were only two townies left and that is probably what it would have come down to.

My thoughts:

Technically the game should not have ended, since the mafia didn't have an advantage in numbers. However, it was your call seeing as how you never did clearly define win requirements.

And overall, it's kind of disappointing that the mafia managed to win without doing anything. We could have still won, even if there were only two townies left and that is probably what it would have come down to.

You're right they didn't have the advantage but the equaled y'all so that's how they won. And you're right the win conditions were not well said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom