• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia House, M.D. - 3/13/13- 'Tis Endgame- Mafia won!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Master Mew

Level 7
Reaction score
s1p2dk.png

"It's a basic truth of the human condition that everybody lies. The only variable is about what." - Dr. Gregory House

Setup:

This game will utilize an Open Setup:

5 Vanilla Townies
1 Named Townie
1 Treestump-Jailkeeper
Note: This Treestump variant begins the game as a known Treestump, rather than declaring Treestump status mid-game.​
2 Mafia Goons

Special Mechanics:

1. During role confirmation (Night 0) the eight non-Treestump players will voluntarily pair off into four Neighbor pairs - first come, first serve. To do this, declare the player you intend to pair with in your "Role confirmed" post. Essentially, the first four players to confirm will decide the teams.

2. Private communications are only allowed between Neighbor pairs, between the two Mafia Goons, and between any player and the Treestump.

3. Day Phases will have no deadline - instead the Phase will end when a majority of players (i.e. more than half of the living eligible voters [everyone but the Treestump]) agree on a lynch target. "No Lynch" is also acceptable, but again must have a majority of votes.

4. Night Phases will last at least 24 hours (the update may occasionally arrive a few hours late, but it will never arrive early).

Flavor:

Named Townie = Dr. House

Vanilla Townies = Members of House's diagnostic team - the specific name of the Doctor will not be revealed until the role flips, to prevent these from also being Named Townies

Treestump-Jailkeeper = The Patient

Mafia Goons = The ailments afflicting the Patient, which must be identified by the Doctors in order to solve the case

Re: House, M.D.

s1p2dk.png

"It's a basic truth of the human condition that everybody lies. The only variable is about what." - Dr. Gregory House

Rules:

1. Treat the "Mechanics" section as an extension of these rules - only engage in outside communications with players you are allowed to communicate with per the mechanics of the game.

2. Be a good sport. This is a very broad rule, but we will be enforcing it very strictly. Use your best judgment and remember not to let any in-game altercations become personal.

3. If you sign up to play the game, play the game. After 48 hours of inactivity a player will be prodded in-thread (with a "mention"), at which point they have 24 hours to post or be replaced if a replacement is available. This will be enforced at our discretion.

4. Don't abuse the "mention" function of the forums. This is a new one, I know, but we as Hosts do not intend to even use mentions in the Phase updates as it is the player's job to follow the game. We will only be using mentions to prod inactive players, and as such, we would prefer that the players avoid using them at all. Note: The "quote" function also gives the targeted user a notification to check the thread, this should suffice to get someone's attention.

5. Do not quote all or part of your Role PM, or any part of any game-related PM you receive from the Hosts.

6. Include the Hosts in any outside communication you partake in that is directly related to this game - acceptable forms of communication are: Private Messages, QuickTopic, and Skype.

7. If you quote an out-of-thread communication in this game, in any form for any reason, it will be treated as an in-game interaction. This means we will need to have received a copy of the dialogue at the time it took place.

8. If you have any questions, please ask! Preferably in-thread, if we've been unclear about something you probably aren't the only player who's wondering about it.

9. If you have read and understood these rules, demonstrate this by following them.

Players:

1. Midorikawa
2. Dark Blueberry Vanilla Townie (Lynched Day 2) Dr. Eric Foreman
3. m0ckingbird20
4. Parma Shinobu
5. Booster Gold
6. CrackFox
7. Pokemaster97 Vanilla Townie (Killed Night 2) - Dr. Robert Chase
8. HumanDawn
9. Mijzelffan Vanilla Townie (Killed Night 1) - Dr. Allison Cameron

Substitutes:

Hosts:

Last edited:

Guys, the role names are hotlinked for a reason. :p

Yes, on Night 0 everyone except the Treestump will pair up into four pairs of Neighbors. Neighbors are players who can talk to each other outside the thread but don't know each other's alignment.

A Treestump is a Killproof, Voteless role. This variant is also a Jailkeeper.

I really like House but I need a break from mafia... I'll sub. xD

Re: House, M.D. - Taking Signups - 2/28/13

House mafia sounds good to me! Count me in :)

Re: House, M.D. - Taking Signups - 2/28/13

Three spots remaining.

Re: House, M.D. - Taking Signups - 3/1/13 - TWO SPOTS LEFT

Whatever, I'll become a player.

just for that gold star

I'll join.

That's everyone! I'll send out the roles later tonight. Along with your gold stars. Still accepting subs!

Re: House, M.D. - 3/2/13- sign-ups closed

Okay I'll be sending out roles now. DO NOT CONFIRM until I give you permission to do so.

Remember when you confirm your roles, please indicate who you would like to pair with. For example, "Role confirmed, I would like to be paired with___"

Re: House, M.D. - 3/2/13- sign-ups closed

You may now all confirm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom