• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

How many people here still play pokemon Red/Blue?

Last I played it, I was trying to record Missingno.'s call.

Gold, though, I played a lot more recently. Mine recently had a game-erasing problem, and I figured it might be fine if I just played and saved a new game. Nope. But it was fun starting again with Cyndaquil.

Gold, though, I played a lot more recently. Mine recently had a game-erasing problem, and I figured it might be fine if I just played and saved a new game. Nope. But it was fun starting again with Cyndaquil.

That's probably because the internal battery died.

Before I got Diamond and Pearl, I started a new Pokemon Red game. All the treasured Pokemon I had on that game are long gone (stupid Gold. You trade awesome level 100 Pokemon into it and it erases all your progress the moment you look at it funny), so I didn't feel bad about restarting it. Once I'll get tired of D/P (that should take a while...), I'll overtrain my Charizard just like I did back when I was 11. =3

I would, but I let my sister play my Blue when she was young, and she lost it along with her pink GameBoy color at the mall. -.- I play my red once in a while, however.

I'm happy. I left my Crystal at my relative's house, and they live in another state than me. I bought a new one, thinking I had lost my first one, and they sent my first back to me later that month. So, I have two, and neither's batteries are close to dieing.

I gave out my Silver and Crystal games.
All my other games just disappeared mysteriously.
But I did play Silver on my iPod recently using a "backup".

I'm playing Yellow now, about to face the E4 and I'm trying to get all 151 pogeys. I got Red/Blue as well.:party: Here's my team:
Pikachu, Charizard, Blastoise, Rhydon, Scyther, and Muk. (Gengar was far too pwn so I swithced him out for Muk to make it harder.) The first 151 were the best!

I don't know how you guys can still play Red/Blue. I tried playing it last winter and I couldn't go on with it because of the graphics. Man they're so horrible!!! Maybe I just got used to the R/S/E game style. Dont get me wrong I'm not a big graphic kinda guy. I own a Wii, GC, and a DS Lite. From what I heard and seen, the other consoles are some much better in the graphics department. All I just want to say is go and buy FR & LG and if you can't afford it. Do ANYTHING & ALL YOU CAN to get 20 bucks.

I play it on my emulator sometimes. But its not as fun as doing it on a Gameboy.

Anyway, ive been meaning to ask, if your internal battery dies, can it be recharged in any way? Can you send it to Nintendo or something? And how long does the average internal battery live?

I don't think it has an internal battery, beause my Red Version still has its save data.
It has an internal save battery, R/B/Y and G/S/C have been known for their internal batteries going out. You can change it, somebody on the pkmn.net forums did it and can walk you through it but I don't remember his name. It might have required soldering, if it does I'd need a new tip and if you don't know how to solder don't sweat it, I learned from a page on-line and have become a great solderer.

I have recently started up a Red Game

I now have the Rainbow badge with:

Lvl. 34 Venusaur (starter Pokemon)
Lvl. 30 Gyarados
Lvl. 30 Pikachu
Lvl. 28 Pidgeotto
Lvl. 20 Growlithe
Lvl. 30 Electrode

Looks like Gary has got me beat at the Silph Co. in Saffron :(
I also heard that Lvl. 40+ (!!!!) pokemon are recommended for the Gym battle
against Sabrina for the Marsh badge. There is also little doubt that Lvl.
40+ pokemon could overwhelm Gary right now. I am out of trainers to battle
(that I can beat). Where is the best area at this point of the game that I can
visit to battle lots of wild pokemon for quick Experience points?

I would love to play them and Yellow again, but I lost mine, and it just wouldn't be the same if I couldn't play with my originals. ^^;

Please note: The thread is from 17 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom