• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Ideas For New Pokemon

I don't really buy Dialga and Palkia covering gravity precisely. I'd rather they delegate that to a new legend that could be more specifically for that.

I see your point about the weak EM force being a single entity, but that kind of works in our favor since legends traditionally come in trios. Zekrom and Reshiram are interesting cases because unlike nearly every legend since Gen III, they don't really represent forces of nature so much as constructs. Reshiram representing truth and light (yang), and Zekrom representing ideals and innovation (yin). I don't think theyhe really count as having domain over any natural elements.

Well Giratina is supposed to represent antimatter. I don't think it's the best representation, but having another would still overlap.
I suppose Reshiram and Zekrom could in a sense be considered "unnatural" legendaries, due to being split from the original dragon. It would be quite interesting to learn more about the original being, like Slife mentioned, and if they tie it to the lore of another region somehow in a later game, there's a lot they could do.

Giratina and a dark matter legendary would actually have no overlap at all going by the technical definition, because antimatter and dark matter are two completely different things. Antimatter is composed of antiparticles, which carry a charge opposite of normal matter. It can be observed and even produced in our own laboratories. Dark matter, on the other hand, is matter which cannot be detected with telescopes, and its existence can only be inferred through the effects of gravity. Since we haven't directly detected it though, it's technically still hypothetical.

Giratina and a dark matter legendary would actually have no overlap at all going by the technical definition, because antimatter and dark matter are two completely different things. Antimatter is composed of antiparticles, which carry a charge opposite of normal matter. It can be observed and even produced in our own laboratories. Dark matter, on the other hand, is matter which cannot be detected with telescopes, and its existence can only be inferred through the effects of gravity. Since we haven't directly detected it though, it's technically still hypothetical.
Oh right, I got those two terms confused

I actually did come up with a Pokemon that's basically a nuclear bomb... not that it'd ever be allowed to happen by Nintendo, but hey.

Name: Atomior (atomic + warrior)
Species: Atomic Pokemon/A-Bomb Pokemon
Type: Poison/Fire
Evolutions: N/A
Genders: 50:50
Ability: Every time a physical move is used by or against Atomior, there's a 10% chance each to burn or poison the foe. (Could someone help me think of a name for this?)
Height: 6'3"
Weight: 1333 lbs.

Base Stats:
HP: 75
Attack: 55
Defense: 95
Sp. Attack: 140
Sp. Defense: 105
Speed: 65
Total: 535

I actually created a bunch of Pokémon for my fanseries a while back, including the starter trio for the story's setting. The starters were: Kashru, a Grass-type; Stoast, a Fire-type; and Aquaroon, a Water-type. Kashru resembled some kind of rodent, though it lacked hands, instead using the seeds on its back to sprout vines which essentially acted as arms. Each vine's tip had a graspy-thing which acted as a hand of sorts. Kashru's final evolution, the Grass/Ground-type Kapybarba, resembled a capybara crossed with an armadillo and the extinct Diprotodon, and the tip of its tail was covered with barbs and spikes.

Aquaroon resembled a tiny kangaroo or wallaby with a few subtle delphine traits. As it evolved, it looked more and more like a dolphin, and its final stage (I forget the name) was an elegant Water/Ice-type which was intelligent enough to be considered on the same cognitive level as a human.

Stoast, my personal favourite, looked a bit like a stoat or weasel, and was very shy and timid, easily startled by just about anything. However, it aspired to be a hero, and upon reaching its final evolution, the Superpower Pokémon Voltail, it acquired the Electric type in addition to its Fire typing, and was the very image of a superhero. If hidden abilities were a concept back then, I would have made Voltail's Justified, as it makes so much sense flavour-wise.

Well for me I would like a Pokemon based off a gingerbread man, and one based off a Christmas Tree! ^^

And also there have never been Pokemon based off a Koala, Peacock, Shark, Roach, Dolphin, or Narwhal.

Came up with a Starter trio a while back...

Grass type Wild Turkey, Fire type Cow, and Water type Lobster. Can't think of names for them, but their final Evolutions will bee Grass/Dark, Fire/Fairy, and Water/Steel.
The turkey's final form will be a Phorusrhacos.
The cow's final form will be a Minotaur.
The lobster's final form will be a Buccaneer.

Last edited:
Sharpedo says "ok".

I want to see an origami Pokemon. Stage one paper crane, Stage two a paper plane, then stage three a tin foil rocket.

Oops.. and that seems like a really interesting idea.

Hu-mming-bird! Hu-mming-bird! Just give us one already!

Even know we have Sharpedo, I wouldn't mind at least one more shark Pokemon. There's a lot of diversity in sharks, and Sharpedo took only a few very specific elements from certain sharks. They could easily make a new shark Pokemon with essentially no overlap with Sharpedo.

Even know we have Sharpedo, I wouldn't mind at least one more shark Pokemon. There's a lot of diversity in sharks, and Sharpedo took only a few very specific elements from certain sharks. They could easily make a new shark Pokemon with essentially no overlap with Sharpedo.
Yeah, such as a part-Steel-type hammerhead, or possibly a whale shark or basking shark. :)

I am the process of making a data base for my Fakémon. While I won't share any of them, I will say that we need a Lickitung pre-evolution

-Mega Scyther, bug/dragon:

ability: - Though Claws

HP: 70

Attack:
110 (+30=140)

Defense:
80(+20=100)

Sp.Atk:
55 (+30=85)

Sp.Def:
80 (+10=90)

Speed:
105(+10=115)
Total: 500 (+100=600)

- New : based on Beatle electric/bug , with a big horn that looks like a canon
but that can make a electric arc (arc discharge) and that it can use as a mouth or vacuum cleaner.
It would be slower than Galvantula but would have better defences, more attack and lower special attack.(with No Guard(for zap cannon), Mega Launcher or Flash Fire (till now no non fire type has this ability, the bettle would suck the fire with it's horn; though to make a bug/poison, but there are ways to change heat into electricity and use the power to make fire)). It would learn fire blast, lava plum and other interesting moves.

- A dragon/ghost skeleton winged on 2 feet (that would be immune to all special attacks for the first 3 turns-due to ability, this one wouldnt need strong stats)

Last edited:
Ghost fighting scarecrow
Ghost flying turkey
Grass giraffe

Fighting fairy elf
Ice fairy or electric white tiger
Flying ground chicken -i really want another chicken or rooster, this time, that looks like a bird

For starters, another ghost will be neat. following the zodiac theory, the fire horse or fire rabbit can evolve into ghost. fairy can be another possibility.

water/flying flamingo fits a starter as well.

Also going by the Chinese Zodiac, we have five animals left: Horse, Rabbit, Ram, Ox, and Snake.

I really want the Generation 8 Fire Starter to be a snake (as we haven't had a reptilian Fire-type starter since Charmander!), but Gen 7 hasn't even started quite yet, so let's not get ahead of ourselves.

An Electric/Dark-type spotted hyena would be cool. We need more Electric-type Pokémon with spots as opposed to stripes.

EDIT: A moose would also be great. Also I cannot stress this enough: WE NEED MAMMALIAN FOSSIL POKEMON!

Here's an interesting concept for a Grass-type starter - why not make a leafcutter ant larva? Grass/Bug, naturally. It evolves into a pupa and starts gaining some harder armored features, and when it's fully evolved it's a Grass/Steel leafcutter ant warrior that carries three metal leaf blades - one in its mouth and one in each arm (since it'd be like a cross between Scizor and Leavanny). I mean, hey, if Rowlet can change type, so can this.

I've recently been envisioning a Dark/Fairy type Pokémon that would draw inspiration from the more malevolent/dangerous fae creatures of times gone by. Mawile's likely the closest thing we presently have to such a concept and I feel that this is a route worth exploring.

What I'd really want is for it to have an ability that halves damage received from Dark and Ghost type moves. This is the effect I'd want to see on a buffed Illuminate but I could just come up with a new ability if need be.

Woolly bear caterpillar & its adult form tiger moth

caterpillar: Bug/Poison
pupa: Bug/Poison
tiger moth: Poison/Dark

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom