• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

If you had to change your BMGf username, what would you change it too?

Well before this handle my former one was touhougirl, when I was still into the Touhou series then. My current one, which is a mix of both Mark the tactician character in FE Blazing Blade (and the class in general) and my first name, I'm pretty satisfied with and also use on various other sites; so I'm not changing it anytime soon. But if I had to, then it'd probably be a different reference to any other series I like with possibly my name in it again.

I suppose I would just change it to my most common other username: Harmonie. The problem is no one would actually know what it means, but I guess people generally probably don't know what my username right now means either. But the meaning of Harmonie I use it for is super obscure.

Maybe I'd like to have a username that I don't have to explain. :LOL:

To be honest, I have no idea what I'd change my username to if I really wanted to.

One of my earlier phases here was my lack of consistency of handles here; I went through a long period of changing names after months until I eventually settled with Chidamari Sketch.

As far as my timeline of the memory went, it went: GoombaTheExplosiveSableye, The Waddle Dee, CHIRno, Homerun-chan, and then Chidamari Sketch.

....yeah, there was little rhyme-or-reason behind the first one. I just wanted to come off as a seasoned gamer or something at the time, I think. I do recall that my first avatar here was just the Gen 3 Shiny Sableye sprite, though; that's the only real connection this had with the Goombas of the Mario franchise, I suppose.

The Waddle Dee... well, it refers to the basic enemies seen in the Kirby franchise; the Waddle Dees.

CHIRno refers to the recurring Touhou Project boss character, Cirno: a fairy with the ability to manipulate ice who has an egomaniacal, yet ineffectual disposition due to being expectionally strong for her species. The way her name is officially romanized/transliterated has led many people outside Japan to mispronounce the name as "Sir-no," rather than "Chirno/Chiruno."

Homerun-chan is a meme based on Puella Magi Madoka Magica, coined by users of image boards during the early days of Madoka's run and rise to popularity. It's a pun made in reference to Homura Akemi, an enigmatic magical girl that eventually turns out to be the deuteragonist of the series.

My last and current name Chidamari Sketch, is another now-obscure memetic nickname for Puella Magi Madoka Magica from 4chan. It's a nod to Ume Aoki, the character designer of Madoka Magica; who authored a cutesy slice-of-life manga series by the name of Hidamari Sketch. It's one of the many tongue-in-cheek jokes about the initially innocuous impressions Madoka Magica displays up until the third episode. "Chidamari" itself literally translates to pool of blood.

Frankly, 'Chidamari Sketch' isn't really all that relevant to my current themes these days; outside of me briefly theming Kyoko Sakura in celebration of the franchise's 10th anniversary, but it still stuck. Mostly. its cuz people at least acquainted to me enough refer to me simply by "Chida." for short. It's even my name in Discord.

I really couldn't summon personal motivation/care to really change this handle as it is now. It's just... stuck with me enough, I guess. And besides, it still reflects my obsession with the 'cutesy/morbid' kinds of motifs.

Last edited:
I've been thinking for some time about it. My username comes from my deviantArt account, which in turn was named almost 6 years ago because of a Danganronpa fanfic I was developing (the sole reason of the dA acc back then). It's been 4 years since I quit with this project and started working on original ones, so the "Ronpa" on GalacticRonpa became useless.

I'd change it to GalacticS\GalacticA, or some other letter that ties to one of my original projects\characters, but I still haven't because I'm unable to change the dA acc username (you need to be a core member to do it). I might do it in the future, who knows?

Hm, when I was first choosing a username for myself (I think three-ish years ago is when I picked DawningWinds?), I heavily considered names such as EveningSunlight and MorningMoonray/Moonlight, and I think a couple others. I liked them because of the sonewhat contradictory nature they had i gues, and they just sounded good. Idk why I picked DawningWinds over them, but if I had to change I don't think I'd mind going with either of those two.

Alternatively, I might go for DragonWings to because it's sort of similar to what I have now (including keeping the same initials and a lot of people already call me DW so they wouldn't have to get used to something else), I've been theming a lot of dragons, and keeping the lack of space (aside from for the first reason) because it looks better, and because I don't think I could get used to not correcting it every time I see my username is typed with a space. DragonWings might sort of be cheating as a choice for this m though because half the reasons I threw out there were "similar to my current username".

I'm gonna change my username soon (that is, when my WIP art is done), but haven't decided what to put yet. Ronpa feels way too outdated since I'm done with Danganronpa fanfics for over four years at this point.

I'll keep the Galactic though.

I'd go for Tidal Tempest which was a username I planned to use but never did.

I didn't originally intend for Rainbow Cloud to be my permanent username when I first started using it and was planning to change it to Tidal Tempest as some point to keep with the tradition of using an area in a game, that occasion being Sonic CD. Was also originally planning to pair that username with a Lugia theme.

probably Zippernose_McBarry, because that's what I'm known as everywhere else. It's an amalgamation of my nickname and a game my brother and I used to play called 'the zippernose rat'.

I've never once changed my username here, not even for days like April Fools' where a lot of peeps temporarily change 'em as a bit. To be honest, I've never particularly liked "Orchid" all that much; I picked it on a whim when I joined because I wanted a Pokémon-related username, and it just stuck. I even recently started to consider changing it, but I've kept it solely because I've had it for so long now lol.

I'd most likely change it to Oki (or maybe Okido). It's short, recognizable, and quite a few people know me by that already, so it'd be extremely easy to adjust to. But if I had to pick an entirely new username, then it'd probably be something else with a similar theme to my current one — I'd say it'd be a toss-up between "Sekiei
Indigo Plateau
" or "Kameil
Wartortle
".

Ya know, I have been somewhat considering altering my username here to include my actual name of "Juliet", but I'm not sure what exactly the full username would imply... Simply "Juliet" itself is already taken, so I can't default to that haha.

Last edited:
Well... Hydrogen?? Just kidding - I'd definitely prefer Hydrogen bond!! LOL. Also, Aquarium seems like a good choice to me, as it also ends in 'ium'!

I also like 'Hydropi' - Mudkip's German name! Perhaps an 'event username' sometime, if not taken already??

If I wasn't allowed anything that evokes water, then probably Silicium?

....I'm I cheating?

A 'less serious' one I really like is Water bottle (various reasons).

Hmm…. I really like how Ive adapted lissi as a sort of “internet persona” so that I don’t hav to share my real name, but it would probably be something related to nihilego, as it ended up as my pokemon suite username (I hate you name filter)

so yea. I love lissi though this username isn’t going anywhere

Back
Top Bottom