• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Is Meowth too human?

Is Meowth too human?

• Yes, he needs to be a little more cat-like

Votes: 13 27.1%
  • Yes, he needs to be a lot more cat-like

Votes: 4 8.3%
  • No, he's fine

Votes: 29 60.4%
  • No, he needs to be a little more human-like

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, he needs to be a lot more human-like

Votes: 2 4.2%

• Total voters

Yoshi1001

Statistical Anomaly
Reaction score
One thing that occured to me the other day is that Meowth rarely does anything cat-like in the anime. I realize he's important in bridging the language gap between humans and Pokemon, but he just doesn't seem too cat-like anymore. He doesn't play with string, chase cat toys, or eat lasagna. :lol:

What do the rest of you think?

I do wish they'd kept him getting distracted by balls and having other normal-like traits for meowths. But you know, he's been around humans so long and having to act like them that I guess it's okay. So I voted that he's fine, I've no issue with it.

He could stand to be a little more catlike, but I wouldn't say he "needs" to be so. Maybe he's become gradually more human over time. Heck, you never know, maybe at the end of the series, he'll find a potion to *make* him human. Or at least temporarily, like how Ash turned into a Pikachu once.

Meowth being turned into a human for an episode would quite possibly be the funniest thing ever.

The art we'd draw.

Anyway, remember when Meowth use to add "Meowth" after every sentence back in the days of...that guy voicing him. That was so cute.....

BUT IT'S WRONG!

Seriously, I'm glad Maddie fazed it out.

Being Human-like is Meowth's defining trait. He took on so many Human Characteristics that the only 'moves' he knows is Scratch and Fury Swipes, neither of which can be defined as the greatest moves out there. He's fine as he is.

I agree. Meowth is fine the way he is. I can't remember the name of it, but there is a really cool fic out there about Meowth changing into a human. (konks head on table ... why? why can't I remember?) It was a very beautiful story.

I personally think he should be more cat-like.

He doesn't meow AT ALL (except when forced to), and even if he is in disguise, he still acts human.

So yeah.

Habunake said:
Anyway, remember when Meowth use to add "Meowth" after every sentence back in the days of...that guy voicing him. That was so cute.....

BUT IT'S WRONG!

Seriously, I'm glad Maddie fazed it out.

Blame the writers, not Maddie. In fact, Maddie's said that she wishes the writers would have kept putting those in because she enjoyed doing them.

Also, Nyasu still says nya every now and then in the Japanese version.

But "Nya" flows better. The way they used "Meowth" sounded very tacked on.

In fact, Maddie's said that she wishes the writers would have kept putting those in because she enjoyed doing them.
Maddie >.>

Even though it would be nice to see Meowth do more cat like things, I think he should stay the way he is. It's very unique to see Meowth with human characteristics.

I think he's fine the way he is! *nods*

I mean...what can be more cat like than LOOKING like a cat?

And as long as he's got a bad temper, he'll always have a plus! XD

But "Nya" flows better. The way they used "Meowth" sounded very tacked on.

Maddie >.>

.... Got a problem with'er? *hisses*

6.6;

Happiny said:
Even though it would be nice to see Meowth do more cat like things, I think he should stay the way he is. It's very unique to see Meowth with human characteristics.

Yes, because if he still did some cat-things, he'd basically be Garfield. And that is wrong on so many levels. Meowth should be whatever he wants to be because both cats and humans have treated him badly ... but obviously he sympathizes more with humans now ever since his ex dumped him again.

Meowth is fine.

I just see a kind of "Puss in Boots" scenario with him.

No, not the one from Shrek. I mean the folk tale.

Please note: The thread is from 16 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom