• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Is there an evil organization/boss you actually support?

Which still have negative repercussions on the environment. You don't just raise or lower the sea levels without having a major impact on the climate, inevitably just hurting the Pokemon they are trying to save.

Also, Team Magma was basically "Pokemon live on land, SO MOAR LAND" and team Aqua was basically "Water = life MOAR WATER". So Team Magma forgets that Pokemon live in the sea or something, and Team Aqua doesn't realize its basically flooding land mass people do live on.

Also, as I mentioned, Team Morons #1 and #2 fail science forever. I may not exactly be a geology expert (I study business), but even I could tell you that blowing up a landlocked volcano will not expand the land (or sea) one inch, but merely kill all of them horribly. I'd have let them do it, except it would have killed everyone at Lavaridge town as well. Otherwise it would've been pretty durn funny to watch natural selection in action.

I think Cyrus had good intentions of wanting peace in the world. I just don't support the methods he used to try to get it, same with Team Plasma. I don't support them stealing pokemon but I support them wanting pokemon to be free.

Also, as I mentioned, Team Morons #1 and #2 fail science forever. I may not exactly be a geology expert (I study business), but even I could tell you that blowing up a landlocked volcano will not expand the land (or sea) one inch, but merely kill all of them horribly. I'd have let them do it, except it would have killed everyone at Lavaridge town as well. Otherwise it would've been pretty durn funny to watch natural selection in action.

While it would kill them all, it would expand the land, if only marginally and with a lot of lava and force, depending on the texture and type and where it ended up. Magma leaves the volcano (therefore becoming lava), dries and forms land. If done correctly, this could work, considering the fact that we can only currently use less than 1% of the fresh water on earth and so would not need to leave anywhere near as much above the bed level as we do. Technically. Obviously there're a bunch of practical problems with this, like where the hell the water would go if not right back onto the land they tried to create, where the heck the land would actually be able to go, whether the lava would even get a chance to dry and so on. Doesn't really work in full, but does in the slightest start of the theory - which is more than enough for a game targeted at ten year olds.

[/geographystudentrant]

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom