• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN007: The Hoenn Region, Site of Fierce Fights! The Battle Frontier Challenge!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they're just fearmongering at this point.
TIL using commonsense is fearmongering. Read the summary again, it implies that the choice is unusual for an important match. Reserves don't fit that bill, so it has to be Mimey by deduction.

Last edited:
Mimey was just confirmed to be the Pokemon Ash uses in his final match
The summary basically confirmed that it is Mimey
TIL using commonsense is fearmongering. Read the summary again, it implies that the choice is unusual for an important match. Reserves don't fit that bill, so it has to be Mimey by deduction.
It is trollish fearmongering if you make wild assumptions and then proceed to act like as if they were objective facts without any credible evidence to back it up, and there's nothing remotely "common sense" about it either. I've checked Twitter, Serebii, Youtube, Reddit .etc. for any posts to see if you're true, found nothing.

There's nothing in the summary that states that it'll be Mimey even if it's a possibility. It only implies that Ash will "send out" someone other than Pikachu.

Last edited:
The summary implies that whoever Ash sends out will be surprising. A reserve we haven't seen in nearly a decade does fit that bill. And even if the implication was that it is a bad match-up or an odd choice, it could be something as simple as Ash sending out Charizard against a water type, which would be a questionable decision in theory. Really I don't know where everybody's fixation with Ash using Mimey in battle is coming from, he's been set up as a comic relief character who will mostly likely never step foot outside of Sakuragi lab.

Last edited:
The summary implies that whoever Ash sends out will be surprising. A reserve we haven't seen in nearly a decade does fit that bill. And even if the implication was that it is a bad match-up or an odd choice, it could be something as simple as Ash sending out Charizard against a water type, which would be a questionable decision in theory. Really I don't know where everybody's fixation with Ash using Mimey in battle is coming from, he's been set up as a comic relief character who will mostly likely never step foot outside of Sakuragi lab.
That's exactly what makes it an unexpected choice, nobody believed that that Mimey would be used in an important battle, given its lack of a battle history.

That's exactly what makes it an unexpected choice, nobody believed that that Mimey would be used in an important battle, given its lack of a battle history.
I agree it would be unexpected, but I think you can apply that logic to basically any Pokemon in the series not owned by Ash. Using Scorbunny or Yamper here would also be a big shock. Ultimately if they were going down this route I think they would have foreshadowed it in some small way, show a scene of Mimey watching a Pokemon battle on TV or something. This series is usually pretty good at dropping hints like that, for example Aipom's fascination with contests hinted at it's eventual trade to Dawn 50+ episodes down the line.

It still isn’t confirmed. For all we know Ash's sending out his Rowlet against a Metagross which would be an "unexpected choice".
You can’t pass of Mimey being used as a fact.

Eh, I don't see what people have against the possibility of Ash using Mr. Mime (I'm sorry but I refuse to call it by its nickname because it just sounds stupid to me). The fact that it's gotten more screentime recently compared to the past makes me think that its usage here would at least be justified and it makes more sense than Ash randomly catching a new Pokemon for this competition.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom