• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review JN016: Cursed Satoshi...!

....They're Team Rocket. It's the writers job to make us pity them

Of course, but I mean it in a way they are being written ,Sun&Moon Rockets are miles ahead of how they were wrotten in comparision with how they are now.

I liked the chewtle cause to me it mean development, but nope it was just an ilusion

Sigh...

So Gengar was Charmandered huh? Poor fella waited literal seasons for his jag off of a trainer. But it makes sense why he was attacking everyone now. He trying to scare everyone out from the building in case his trainer returned.

You know what I miss?

I have been watching DP on Pokémon TV and I miss how Team Rocket where so nasty towards the twerps, insulting them and sucker punching them.

I really miss how rude where Team Rocket where during that time, DP Ash is more serious but 2019 silly Ash really needs a Team Rocket humiliation for good.

DP Team Rocket would have not asked Gengar if he wanted to join, they would have put his ass made of gas inside of a cage.

Also did they ever put Pikachu in a cage or something recently?

First Dragonite, then Gengar? I'm really liking Ash's captures so far. Hopefully the next one will be a non-Gen I.

Can't say I'm keen on the backstory that came with Gengar, whilst it showed loyalty to its previous trainer which will hopefully show it being just as loyal, if no more so to Ash, its been done before with Charmander

They tried and failed to do it again with Tepig

Can't say I'm keen on the backstory that came with Gengar, whilst it showed loyalty to its previous trainer which will hopefully show it being just as loyal, if no more so to Ash, its been done before with Charmander

They tried and failed to do it again with Tepig
Not exactly gengar realized that his trainer wasn’t coming back charizard and pignite didn’t.

About geting possesed by a Gengar...

Team Rocket did it better...
DP260.jpg
DP262.jpg
DP266.jpg
DP282.jpg

Loved the Kojiro's Mansion bit.

Disappointed with Ash getting yet another Kanto mon and still not knowing what's up with Chewtle.

Satoshi is catching a lot of fully evolved Pokémon very early in the series. If they are already fully evolved will there be any room for development? I hope they won't overuse the disobedience plot too much like they did with Iris' fully evolved Pokémon.

Does this mean that he is going rotate his team and catch more than six Pokémon like he did in Unova? Because eventually he has to catch some new Galarian Pokémon, right???

I hope they will do the rotation thing justice this time but the fact that both protagonists are catching a lot of Pokémon early on without each new Pokémon getting screentime and proper development is a little concerning.

If catching strong Pokémon means that Satoshi will also fight stronger opponents since he is a champion now, I guess that is something positive.

But then again if they wanted to advertise the Pokémon from older generations why not use Satoshi's old Pokémon? I guess there is Mr. Mime but why is he using his mother's Pokémon instead of his own. Seems kind of random.

God what a boring episode. Team Rocket's parts were funny but Gengar having a similar backstory to Charmander and Tepig made me roll my eyes. Also I just noticed that I absolutely hate this version of Vermilion city. I couldn't put my finger on what I disliked about it until now but it really looks like it could be any filler town at this point. :/

Remember how in AG-DP pokémon used to have a development episode after his capture episode (Buizel,Chimchar,Togekiss,Corphish,Treecko).

Did Dragonite do anything appart from fighting a giant? nope, Gengar will? For the looks of it does not look like that.

Remember how in AG-DP pokémon used to have a development episode after his capture episode (Buizel,Chimchar,Togekiss,Corphish,Treecko).

Did Dragonite do anything appart from fighting a giant? nope, Gengar will? For the looks of it does not look like that.
It's still early into the series. They can still have development later on.

If you would have told me today that'd I'd be sympathizing for the rather demonic-looking Gengar we've come to know in Pocket Monsters, I wouldn't have believed you. Yet, here we are. I know it's a cliche, but darn if it wasn't heart-wrenching seeing it waiting like that for months, if not a year or two. Being ever-so patient, with such trust in its Trainer. And a Gengar of all Pokemon.

Ugh. I, for one, was eager to see Gengar get its revenge on its Trainer; too bad morality saved the day again. Anyway, wow-I never would have pegged Ash to own a Gengar; it looks like it'll be a fun addition to his roster, for sure. The boy has finally caught his first Ghost-type after over a decade. This series is becoming something else, capture-wise for him. What else will they push, I wonder?

And speaking of captures, it looks like that Chewtle didn't end up being one for TR. That's disappointing. One of the best elements of the TRio is their interaction with their own partner Pokemon outside of Meowth and Wobbuffet.

Really good episode.
Loved how, yes he was charmandered, but he realized he was abandoned. How we got angry, how he had a thirst for revenge. Loved that Ash caught it. No one better to show him love.
Nonetheless, very weird how we can see this episode and we think of the Gengar's trainer as a douchebag, but, Ash has done the same to pidgeot. That one is still waiting...

Really good episode.
Loved how, yes he was charmandered, but he realized he was abandoned. How we got angry, how he had a thirst for revenge. Loved that Ash caught it. No one better to show him love.
Nonetheless, very weird how we can see this episode and we think of the Gengar's trainer as a douchebag, but, Ash has done the same to pidgeot. That one is still waiting...
The stuff surrounding Pidgeot is an english version error:
A subtle change but impactful.

If you would have told me today that'd I'd be sympathizing for the rather demonic-looking Gengar we've come to know in Pocket Monsters, I wouldn't have believed you. Yet, here we are. I know it's a cliche, but darn if it wasn't heart-wrenching seeing it waiting like that for months, if not a year or two. Being ever-so patient, with such trust in its Trainer. And a Gengar of all Pokemon.

Ugh. I, for one, was eager to see Gengar get its revenge on its Trainer; too bad morality saved the day again. Anyway, wow-I never would have pegged Ash to own a Gengar; it looks like it'll be a fun addition to his roster, for sure. The boy has finally caught his first Ghost-type after over a decade. This series is becoming something else, capture-wise for him. What else will they push, I wonder?

And speaking of captures, it looks like that Chewtle didn't end up being one for TR. That's disappointing. One of the best elements of the TRio is their interaction with their own partner Pokemon outside of Meowth and Wobbuffet.

Actually, it was THREE years. Three whole years of waiting. Gengar is basically Spinel as a Pokémon.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom