• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN039: Satoshi VS Saitou! Conquer the Octopus Hold!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair, most of the times that there was a rematch was within two or so episodes after the loss. The only non-rival rematches that took longer than that were in DP with Fantina and Volkner, iirc.
There was was also the Dewford Island arc in RS, where it took Ash 11 episodes to rechallenge Brawly (for some reason).

I just wish it'll be a 6 vs 6. I love battle episodes and it would be a great opportunity to use reserves. The 1 vs 1 and 2 vs 2 seem so meh. I miss those full party battles.
Also for example, if Ash uses dusk dogo, maybe Bea will criticise him for using a weak type vs fighting. Dogo wins, and Riolu grows an immeasurable admiration for it, a Champion, and an idol. Then Riolu might get his win way later in the anime

I just wish it'll be a 6 vs 6. I love battle episodes and it would be a great opportunity to use reserves. The 1 vs 1 and 2 vs 2 seem so meh. I miss those full party battles.
Also for example, if Ash uses dusk dogo, maybe Bea will criticise him for using a weak type vs fighting. Dogo wins, and Riolu grows an immeasurable admiration for it, a Champion, and an idol. Then Riolu might get his win way later in the anime
Full Battles usually take place during a series's climax. I doubt this will be more than 3 vs 3.

I guess it's possible he loses again or wins by using a different party. We'll see. I initially assumed he'd beat the first three Galar Gym leaders before a Bea rematch.

To be fair, most of the times that there was a rematch was within two or so episodes after the loss. The only non-rival rematches that took longer than that were in DP with Fantina and Volkner, iirc.
Also Norman in AG.

With this rematch coming so soon and after Alola, I wonder if they’ll go with the plot point of Ash’s return to Alola helps him clear his head and break him out of his funk considering it’s like a second home to him.
He looks happy enough in the Pikachu episode, and he's already set on defeating Bea by the end of the last episode. This "Ash needs Alola to succeed" narrative needs to be toned down a bit. You lose, you learn from your mistakes and then you win. That's the way it works.

Also, this is not "too soon" by any stretch of the imagination. Riolu could evolve in one of the upcoming episodes.

He looks happy enough in the Pikachu episode, and he's already set on defeating Bea by the end of the last episode. This "Ash needs Alola to succeed" narrative needs to be toned down a bit. You lose, you learn from your mistakes and then you win. That's the way it works.

Also, this is not "too soon" by any stretch of the imagination. Riolu could evolve in one of the upcoming episodes.
People can put on a happy face but still be troubled inside. The summery for the episode that comes after shows that his loss had some effect on him in his PWC battles. You’re acting like there’s no precedence for people to even speculate these things when such things are something they’ve done with Ash numerous times in the past after a heavy loss. Ash was completely outmatched and swept, a type of loss he hasn’t had in quite some time. It’s not strange to think this has a lasting effect on him. In addition, the concept of the hero returning to a place they feel at home to come back stronger than before isn’t exactly an uncommon trope so I’m really failing to see what problem you have with harmless speculation.

That was fast. Maybe a little too fast? I'll reserve judgement until I see what's actually going on in the episodes between the initial match and this rematch, since Ash could make significant personal progress during that time, especially with the trip back to Alola factoring in.

I don't mind Ash being bummed out after a particularly bad loss...I think it builds character. But I don't want it to be half assed and rushed through (side eyes his tantrum in XY after the Wulfric battle).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom