• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN046: Battle and Catch! The Revival of Mewtwo

Status
Not open for further replies.
...well, now we know why he's only one episode (for the time begin anyway).

Now the question is if he'll come back again later, or be a very expensive POTD... :unsure:

Also, anyone care to translate the summary please?

Also here's the translated comment from Mewtwo's VA Ichimura, courtesy of Dephender.

I have played many different roles throughout my career as an actor, but among those, the "Mewtwo" role is the one that truly lives within me, the one I think of as all me. So I feel that when I was recording this episode, I was able to not just act, but to actually stand there, as Mewtwo, facing Satoshi and Go. Many children became fans of Mewtwo when Mewtwo appeared in the movie "Mewtwo Strikes Back", which premiered 23 years ago, and then children of the Reiwa era became fans of Mewtwo thanks to last year's "Mewtwo Strikes Back Evolution". Those children that watched Mewtwo make its original animated debut together way back then may be parents with children of their own now. I hope we'll be able to give those parents watching alongside their children a truly touching moment to enjoy. -Masachika Ichimura, voice of Mewtwo

Ash and Go battle as Mewtwo watches them (or they might battle it together?). They initially look for Mew on an island (that island?).

Hopefully this will develop into something more substantial.

This is pretty wild, I’m assuming that the Mewtwo in this episode will be the same one from the first movie if the voice actor is also the same. I think this would mark the first time a “movie-only Pokémon” would appear again through a standard TV episode. This also makes me think that Brock and Misty could easily appear again in a different, future episode, as they’re featured in the recent remake of the first movie and a few Sun & Moon episodes. I also wonder if this would lead towards other “movie-only Pokémon” appearing in the TV series, like Latios & Latias from movie 5 or Darkrai from movie 10.

Translated summary from Dephender.

November 20th's episode "Battling & Getting! Mewtwo Comes Back" sees Mewtwo, the Pokémon referred to as "the strongest", finally make its appearance in the Pokémon TV series. The episode is set after the first movie, "Pocket Monsters: Mewtwo Strikes Back", and involves protagonists Satoshi and Go arriving on an island in the faraway seas in search of Mew... though it's not Mew they encounter at the end of their adventure, but Mewtwo. Mewtwo asks the two something, and Satoshi and Go start a battle before Mewtwo with their "dreams" at stake.

20 freaking years in the making.

It's time for Mewtwo and Giovanni to end it for good.
Everyone knows it’ll never end...
Giovanni already forgot Mewtwo. There's nothing to happen between the two.
Translated summary from Dephender.

November 20th's episode "Battling & Getting! Mewtwo Comes Back" sees Mewtwo, the Pokémon referred to as "the strongest", finally make its appearance in the Pokémon TV series. The episode is set after the first movie, "Pocket Monsters: Mewtwo Strikes Back", and involves protagonists Satoshi and Go arriving on an island in the faraway seas in search of Mew... though it's not Mew they encounter at the end of their adventure, but Mewtwo. Mewtwo asks the two something, and Satoshi and Go start a battle before Mewtwo with their "dreams" at stake.
Faraway Island, maybe?

This is pretty wild, I’m assuming that the Mewtwo in this episode will be the same one from the first movie if the voice actor is also the same. I think this would mark the first time a “movie-only Pokémon” would appear again through a standard TV episode. This also makes me think that Brock and Misty could easily appear again in a different, future episode, as they’re featured in the recent remake of the first movie and a few Sun & Moon episodes. I also wonder if this would lead towards other “movie-only Pokémon” appearing in the TV series, like Latios & Latias from movie 5 or Darkrai from movie 10.

Latias should come back and go to Ash.

Giovanni already forgot Mewtwo. There's nothing to happen between the two.
How do you know that?

Mewtwo wiped Giovanni memories, but I'm sure that records exist. Giovani made Mewtwo and it's pivotal for him to take his posession back.

It have to led there. Giovanni vs Mewtwo has to happen. It's time to close the Team Rocket chapter of this anime.

I suspect that Giovanni will go after Mew this time (his mom surely kept plenty of files on it), and Mewtwo will help Ash and Go handle the organization. There need to be villains after the Darkest Day arc (the DLC added nothing in this regard), and Giovanni going after random legendaries would be weird when Mew is already the focus.

M-mewtwo!?

Guess I'm watching this episode even if I haven't watched any of the other ones. I got to see this.

Here is hoping Go defeats Ash. His Cinderace has the type advantage against Lucario
Yeah no, never gonna happen.

Lucario has trained as a battler since birth, always pushing itself and asking its trainer to do so, something Cinderace doesn't have the privilege of (both in effort and trainer). Besides, when was the last time type advantages were the be-all-end-all in the anime?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom