• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN046: Battle and Catch! The Revival of Mewtwo

Status
Not open for further replies.
And everyone hated that because it was a bad idea. Even in that scenario, Pikachu had basically been nerfed by Zekrom. Ash is at his strongest right now.
I was referring to their first proper battle after Trip's introduction. Ash still lost in their second match

I was referring to their first proper battle after Trip's introduction. Ash still lost in their second match
You're talking about Ash right now being defeated by a Goh who isn't even battle-focused. Ash went through the Kalos and Alola League and gained runner-up and champion, respectively, which boosts his experience by a long shot.

And it was still a case of poor writing. Even Ash's only victory against Trip was bad. So let's not even mention those examples unless you flat out admit that you're a fan of bad writing in general, especially when this series features Ash at his strongest.

The problem there is that you’re talking about Best Wishes, a series that didn’t know if it wanted to be a soft reboot or a continuation to the point that they nerfed Ash considerably. Journeys has presented Ash as still being at his best, showing constantly just how skilled of a trainer that he is. It was even shown just how out of his league that Go is against true battlers when he was easily outmatched by Kiawe, someone Ash has proven stronger than. It would take serious plot armor and writer favoritism for Go to be anywhere near Ash’s level especially when he doesn’t train his Pokémon much less train them to go against a human who can use a Pokémon’s abilities in ways he’d never see in a wild Pokémon.

And even Kiawe knew he would humiliate Goh, thats why he made that arrangement with Alolan Marowak to save Raboot from Inferno Overdrive.

Problem is that Goh defeating or drawing with Ash, greatly diminishes Ash's Kalos, Alola and even PWC feats (Since if Goh can defeat Ash or have a draw with him, there is no way Ash could realistically have lost against Bea).

Friendly Reminder
Hi friends,
It looks like we’re getting a bit off topic here. If someone would like to create a thread for a potential Goh versus Ash scenario, that would be fine but let’s shift the discussion here back to the upcoming Mewtwo episode.
Thanks!

I dont know what they did to him. But he is pissed off.

This article from Crunchyroll says that it will be a 3-part arc, like there's absolutely no chance it is more then 1 episode given the following episodes have been revealed.

If they could end the episode with the realization that Mewtwo is too important to be defeated or caught, and they need to help it find Mew, that'd be a start. I don't like the preview, but the setting is intriguing.

This article from Crunchyroll says that it will be a 3-part arc, like there's absolutely no chance it is more then 1 episode given the following episodes have been revealed.

You realize it could be a long standing arc throughout the series?

Do we have a Japanese source for a 3 part arc thing? I don’t believe it if the only source we have is crunchy roll.
You realize it could be a long standing arc throughout the series?
Well the anime usually tends to resolve anything in consecutive episode arcs. The language implies that it’ll be consecutive episodes. And Journeys is said to have a self contained format. The only overarching story is what they include in the introduction (Ash= battle Leon, Gou=Catch Pokemon=Profit).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom