• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN050: Galar Fossils! Stick 'Em Together!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh? Of all things I never expected curry.

The preview showed nothing of interest.

Yes it did. It showed Ash being excited, while Goh wasn't. Remember the last fossil episode. Goh was more excited than Ash. Dracovish for Ash incoming.

Also: That male researcher looks like Sakuragi's younger brother, which might explain why Koharu's is there (Since in the last fossil episode she was only there because of a schoolproject).

About time Ash got another Dragon Pokemon on his team. Dragon types are my favorite so the more the better. He needs them

Yes it did. It showed Ash being excited, while Goh wasn't. Remember the last fossil episode. Goh was more excited than Ash. Dracovish for Ash incoming.

Nope. Itshowed Ash beeing excited cause he always is excited. Goh was not unexcited he is skeptical that the fosils are complete.

Last edited:
About time Ash got another Dragon Pokemon on his team. Dragon types are my favorite so the more the better. He needs them

What do you mean "about time"? He's had Dragonite for almost a year and putting aside your love for Dragon types why would be need more of them? They're not some super special type that he gets special benefits from having. No type is treated that way thank god.

What do you mean "about time"? He's had Dragonite for almost a year and putting aside your love for Dragon types why would be need more of them? They're not some super special type that he gets special benefits from having. No type is treated that way thank god.
Even if he doesnt get special benefits from them some of his strongest Pokemon have been Dragons. And no reason why he should stop at Dragonite.

some of his strongest Pokemon have been Dragons
I didn't realize Pikachu, Charizard, Infernape, Snorlax, Sceptile, Greninja, Lycanroc etc. had been retroactively changed to Dragon types by GameFreak.

thonk.png

And no reason why he should stop at Dragonite.
No reason for him to stop at just Dragon types when he could use more unconventional types like Fairy, Psychic, Ice, Bug etc.

I didn't realize Pikachu, Charizard, Infernape, Snorlax, Sceptile, Greninja, Lycanroc etc. had been retroactively changed to Dragon types by GameFreak.

thonk.png

No reason for him to stop at just Dragon types when he could use more unconventional types like Fairy, Psychic, Ice, Bug etc.
He will have plenty of opportunities to catch those typings you listed in the future. For now I'm hoping he gets his second Dragon Pokemon. Either Dracovish or something else will do

And it's not like the writers give a crap about type overlap

Or.. they could just bring back Gible and let it evolve all the way to the highly popular Garchomp which trumps a mere abomination like Dracovish in popularity? Or even Goodra and Noivern, who got the short end of the stick thanks to Greninja?

The writers definitely care about selling merch, what better way to sell merch than bring back a popular Pokemon?
Sure he could bring back his older Dragons. But I want new Dragons on his team as well. And Dracovish would be a good candidate for him.

Heck, if anything Ash's Dragon-types tend to hover around the "above-average" range in terms of power and combat prowess at best: Gible was pretty decent, but he was caught very late into the DP saga, and there's literally nothing that suggests that he's any more powerful than any of Ash's other strong unevolved mons like Pikachu, Bulbasaur or Buizel. Goodra got off to an awesome start, but by the time the League came around their performance left a lot to be desired. Noivern was overall pretty terrible outside of that one Plot Armor-laden bout against Zapdos, and it's safe to say he's Ash's weakest Kalos Pokemon by far. And Naganadel was too underutilized to properly gauge their strength. Dragonite really is the first of Ash's Dragon-types that we can truly call a powerhouse.

Though it feels awkward that Cara of all people gets to debut before another Galar Gym Leader or the rivals...

Well I mean they had little choice if they wanted to debut the Galar fossils.
I'm honestly happy to see Cara Liss make her debut. I loved her whole aesthetic in the games, so I'm pleased to see how her personality translates into Journeys!

If Ash being excited was an indication of him getting a capture, he'd have a fully complete national dex.

Even if he doesnt get special benefits from them some of his strongest Pokemon have been Dragons. And no reason why he should stop at Dragonite.
He will have plenty of opportunities to catch those typings you listed in the future. For now I'm hoping he gets his second Dragon Pokemon. Either Dracovish or something else will do

And it's not like the writers give a crap about type overlap
You realise that the anime doesn’t cater to your exact personal tastes right? You say he doesn’t "need" a Galar starter, but he desperately "needs" a dragon type. Can you explain what is "needing"? What is the criteria for "needing" a Pokemon for you? I’m really curious to know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom