• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN061: Leave Everything to Us! Prasle Minun Handymen!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
From what I’ve personally counted, from my perception of what episodes are filler, and what aren’t...

Journey Episodes, Whether They’re Filler Or Not...Yes = Filler
“Filler episodes are entries in a generally continuous serial that are unrelated to the main plot, don't significantly alter the relations between the characters, and generally serve only to take up space.”

1) No, since it gives some background on Pikachu, and Goh’s past to learn from
2) No
3) Up to interpretation, but I don’t think it is personally as there growth between Ash and Goh
4) No
5) Introduces Dynamax/Gigantamax, and there’s some growth for Goh and Scorbunny, so I’ll count it as not filler
6) No, to some degree. The premise is simple, but it does count as development of Goh’s goal, so I’ll let it slide
7) No
8) Yes
9) Yes
10) No
11) No, since it establishes Yamper and Chloe.
12) No
13) No
14) No, only because Goh and Ash are introduced to a “Raid Battle”
15) Debateable, not really sure. You have Cubone interacting with Goh as an actual capture, but I’m still not sure...I’ll Yes for now.
16) No
17) No
18) No
19) Yes
20) Yes
21) No
22) No
23) Yes
24) Yes
25) No
26) Yes
27) No
28) No
29) No
30) Yes
31) Yes
32) No
33) Yes
34) No
35) Yes
36) No
37) No
38) Up to interpretation again, there’s growth for Goh bonding with Aerodactyl, but there’s not much to pass it off as a non-filler. I’ll say No for now
39) No
40) No
41) Yes
42-45) No
46) No
47) Yes
48) Yes
49) No
50) Again, not sure. I think it is, despite a capture as there’s not much to base it off of
51) No
52) Yes
53) No
54) No
55) Could be seen as a filler, but there’s some growth from Chloe, not sure. I’ll say Yes for now.
56) No
57) Yes
58) Yes
59) No
60) No
61) Yes

So, from my point of view, and again, I’m not exactly an expert, but I’d say there’s been around 18-20 filler episodes. Is that a lot for the anime? Cause it seems that way to me. Again, not an expert and I was looking to see if there’s a unusual trend with the amount of filler here.

Last edited:
From what I’ve personally counted, from my perception of what episodes are filler, and what aren’t...

Journey Episodes, Whether They’re Filler Or Not...Yes = Filler
“Filler episodes are entries in a generally continuous serial that are unrelated to the main plot, don't significantly alter the relations between the characters, and generally serve only to take up space.”

1) No, since it gives some background on Pikachu, and Goh’s past to learn from
2) No
3) Up to interpretation, but I don’t think it is personally as there growth between Ash and Goh
4) No
5) Introduces Dynamax/Gigantamax, and there’s some growth for Goh and Scorbunny, so I’ll count it as not filler
6) No, to some degree. The premise is simple, but it does count as development of Goh’s goal, so I’ll let it slide
7) No
8) Yes
9) Yes
10) No
11) No, since it establishes Yamper and Chloe.
12) No
13) No
14) No, only because Goh and Ash are introduced to a “Raid Battle”
15) Debateable, not really sure. You have Cubone interacting with Goh as an actual capture, but I’m still not sure...I’ll Yes for now.
16) No
17) No
18) No
19) Yes
20) Yes
21) No
22) No
23) Yes
24) Yes
25) No
26) Yes
27) No
28) No
29) No
30) Yes
31) Yes
32) No
33) Yes
34) No
35) Yes
36) No
37) No
38) Up to interpretation again, there’s growth for Goh bonding with Aerodactyl, but there’s not much to pass it off as a non-filler. I’ll say No for now
39) No
40) No
41) Yes
42-45) No
46) No
47) Yes
48) Yes
49) No
50) Again, not sure. I think it is, despite a capture as there’s not much to base it off of
51) No
52) Yes
53) No
54) No
55) Could be seen as a filler, but there’s some growth from Chloe, not sure. I’ll say Yes for now.
56) No
57) Yes
58) Yes
59) No
60) No
61) Yes

So, from my point of view, and again, I’m not exactly an expert, but I’d say there’s been around 20 filler episodes. Is that a lot for the anime? Again, not an expert and I was looking to see if there’s a unusual trend here.
20 is a lot. That is 33% of the anime. That is ridiculously high. Let's look at SM and compare, shall we?

SM001 - No
SM002 - No
SM003 - No
SM004 - No
SM005 - No
SM006 - No (It literally introduces us to Sophocles IN-DEPTH for the first time and shows us more of his character, the Narrator also says it is Ash's First Day off of School).
SM007 - No
SM008 - No
SM009 - No
SM010 - No

At this point, Not even one of the First Ten Episodes of SM are even filler (even if you consider SM006 as filler, that is just ONE out of 10). The people who say SM has a lot of filler probably haven't even watched the actual show.

SM011 - No
SM012 - No
SM013 - No
SM014 - No
SM015 - No
SM016 - No (It is literally the Final Litten Episode before its capture, no way it can be considered filler)
SM017 - Yes, Mostly Filler (Rotom-Dex does update itself with a Video Camera Function but I guess that is not that important, FIRST Filler of Sun & Moon at #17)
SM018 - No
SM019 - No
SM020 - No (Ash encounters Tapu Lele and this episode is a reflection episode).
SM021 - No
SM022 - This episode is considered as filler by many but Litten literally masters Fire Fang in this episode. Again, the people who say this aren't watching the show.
SM023 - Filler
SM024 - No, Lana's Mother makes her debut
SM025, SM026, SM027 are not fillers
SM028, SM029 - Fillers
SM030 - Lmao, I remember when this Episode got revealed and people were saying "This is just another dicking around episode I'm gonna go ahead and skip it"... But no it was important episode and not a filler.
SM031 to SM037 - Akala Arc not Filler
SM038 - Not Filler
SM039 - Cannot be considered Filler, it is a development episode for Mallow.
SM040 to SM055 - Not Fillers
SM056 & SM057 - Fillers
SM058 to SM061 - Not Fillers

That is literally 6-8 Fillers out of 61 Episodes for Sun & Moon compared to around 15-20 Fillers out of 61 Episodes for Pokemon Journeys

20 is a lot. That is 33% of the anime. That is ridiculously high. Let's look at SM and compare, shall we?

SM001 - No
SM002 - No
SM003 - No
SM004 - No
SM005 - No
SM006 - No (It literally introduces us to Sophocles IN-DEPTH for the first time and shows us more of his character, the Narrator also says it is Ash's First Day off of School).
SM007 - No
SM008 - No
SM009 - No
SM010 - No

At this point, Not even one of the First Ten Episodes of SM are even filler (even if you consider SM006 as filler, that is just ONE out of 10). The people who say SM has a lot of filler probably haven't even watched the actual show.

SM011 - No
SM012 - No
SM013 - No
SM014 - No
SM015 - No
SM016 - No (It is literally the Final Litten Episode before its capture, no way it can be considered filler)
SM017 - Yes, Mostly Filler (Rotom-Dex does update itself with a Video Camera Function but I guess that is not that important, FIRST Filler of Sun & Moon at #17)
SM018 - No
SM019 - No
SM020 - No (Ash encounters Tapu Lele and this episode is a reflection episode).
SM021 - No
SM022 - This episode is considered as filler by many but Litten literally masters Fire Fang in this episode. Again, the people who say this aren't watching the show.
SM023 - Filler
SM024 - No, Lana's Mother makes her debut
SM025, SM026, SM027 are not fillers
SM028, SM029 - Fillers
SM030 - Lmao, I remember when this Episode got revealed and people were saying "This is just another dicking around episode I'm gonna go ahead and skip it"... But no it was important episode and not a filler.
SM031 to SM037 - Akala Arc not Filler
SM038 - Not Filler
SM039 - Cannot be considered Filler, it is a development episode for Mallow.
SM040 to SM055 - Not Fillers
SM056 & SM057 - Fillers
SM058 to SM061 - Not Fillers

That is literally 6-8 Fillers out of 61 Episodes for Sun & Moon compared to around 15-20 Fillers out of 61 Episodes for Pokemon Journeys
Oof. That’s pretty bad, and considering S&M filler were actually pretty enjoyable, and Journeys are pretty boring in my opinion, it’s even worse.

Oof. That’s pretty bad, and considering S&M filler were actually pretty enjoyable, and Journeys are pretty boring in my opinion, it’s even worse.
It's even worst considering the fact that. Journeys' Fillers can easily be filled up with Plot Episodes. Like heck, they have plot and stories they can easily write episodes with, it's not like they are forced to make fillers because they have run out of ideas. Like what, we saw Ash rise PWC rank offscreen like 500 spots or something? Could have dedicated few episodes to that. Completely ridiculous and totally unacceptable.

I'll just chime in and say that the "Prasle" spelling is one of the big reasons why I don't just adopt every single romanization Japan comes out with and call it a day.

Like seriously...Prasle? Come on Japan, that is objectively wrong.

Journey's fillers has been awful.
That's coming from me, a Filler-Lover.

Aye. Just because they have no value doesn't mean they can't be entertaining or enjoyable...
The Diglett episode, Park Pokemon going berserk episode, half of the segments from the two-parters, Goh catching a Pikachu episode, and finally the episode where Lucario & Cinderace are protecting a fake Pikachu, are all pretty dire to me.

The only filler I’ve throughly enjoyed were the eating contest and the Ditto episodes

The Diglett episode, Park Pokemon going berserk episode, half of the segments from the two-parters, Goh catching a Pikachu episode, and finally the episode where Lucario & Cinderace are protecting a fake Pikachu, are all pretty dire to me.

The only filler I’ve throughly enjoyed were the eating contest and the Ditto episodes
It's up to one's personal taste, really.

I'm tired of these fillers and whenever I complain about fillers, you know the complains are legit, because I fucking loved OS Johto and thought it and its fillers were underrated (especially the TR Focused Episodes).
The problem for some is there's a lot to be desired and we're not getting it. PWC battles, Galarian Gym Leaders, more screentime and development for Ash's Pokemon, and arcs, but we're not getting it as much as we hope.

The problem for some is there's a lot to be desired and we're not getting it. PWC battles, Galarian Gym Leaders, more screentime and development for Ash's Pokemon, and arcs, but we're not getting it as much as we hope.
I'm assuming they were trying to go for a slice-of-life kind of route...? But they did that so well in Sun and Moon that this show just feels like a copycat of it. The only other explanation that I can think of is that they're trying to attract more fans by trying to include as much pokemon as they can in a marketing strategy-but I don't know what was so wrong with the old method or marketing either, back when the show was extremely popular-they actually gave the character AND the pokemon focus and development! Hell, remember back in the OS and DP when Pikachu was more than just a mascot? OS when it comes to going from not liking battling to being willing to battle for Ash, and DP with his special relationships with certain characters(like Buneary and Piplup and his brotherly relationship with Ash).

Then again, my other theory is that they might plan a complete series reboot after Journeys and are attempting to "finish it with a bang"-but there's really not much evidence behind this, I think it's just some personal preference I got after the DP game remakes were announced(I had initially thought the news was about the DP ANIME being remade).

I still can’t get over the fact we’re looking at Plusle and Minun. Surely there’s more interesting concepts to be explored with other Pokemon, rather than viewing them be electricians?
The Eating Contest was fun because one, it was interesting to see new Pokemon’s/Greedant and Morpeko show off their traits, and secondly, it was a concept that sparked conflict/intensity amongst the episode. Again, watching Plusle and Minun, despite having not seen the preview yet, in this set-up seems extremely boring. The minimum the series should be doing is giving new concepts with new Pokemon, not dull ideas with bland Pokemon...

Last edited:
I still can’t get over the fact we’re looking at Plusle and Minun. Surely there’s more interesting concepts to be explored with than viewing them be electricians?
The Eating Contest was fun because one, it was interesting to see new Pokemon’s/Greedant and Morpeko show off their traits, and secondly, it was a concept that sparked conflict/intensity amongst the episode. Again, watching Plusle and Minun, despite having not seen the preview yet, in this set-up seems extremely boring.
Plusle and Minun have always been boring imo

I don't think there’s a whole lot interesting things that can be done with the wonder twins who were only created to showcase double battles and can only be strong whenever they are together.

The only time I felt like they got any sort of interesting usage was Pokemon Ranger

I'd watch a Minun episode only if it introduces Kazuki the Ranger.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom