• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN127: Go and Aceburn! The Place of Beginnings!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Take a note from PokeSpe and have Rose working with the Super Hairdo Brothers, where he's still trying to "help" Galar but the Bros. just want clicks and views for their social circles
Unlike in the games (as far as I'm aware of), they even purposefully hid the statues behind the mural, commissioned the hero statue, and disposed of the fifth tapestry just in order to make their family look like the real heroes.

Turning the conversation back to the episode's supposed main plot, can I just say how appalled I am that we're at this point in the series and there's still more than a few Pokemon that haven't had animated debuts (and when I say animated, I mean like actually up close and moving instead of appearing far in the background as a still image). I would never have expected to be this close to the end and we're only now getting the debuts of Galarian Nyarth and Nyaiking.

One day, I hope someone behind the scenes at the anime tells us exactly what it was about Galar that made them decide it wasn't worth the focus.
My crazy theory is that as some have suspected the leaks for the final evolutions of the Alolan starters indeed came from the anime team, which lead to TPC giving them as few information as possible about Gen 8, so they had to came up with a backup plan by basing the series on what was available at the moment: Go and Let's Go.

Another theory is that the staff simply wanted to make a long-lasting series that could endure the pass of time without changing much of the status quo and that could promote the franchise as a whole, so as to not break the immersion Galar had to be just a small part of that. While there's still a chance Journeys (or should I say, "Pocket Monsters 2019") goes on, it's clear that they didn't think much of the consequences of those choices.

So, looks like the Galarian Meowth and Perrserker stole the food that the Nickit trio gave to the Galarian Zigzagoon. Kinda weird to see Dark types being the victims of a robbing for once, especially ones like Galarian Zigzagoon, considering they usually start fights according to the Pokedex. (Not to mention Nickit being generous is pretty weird too.)

Found this tweet:

This is just a rumor tho, but why would Ash vs Leon start at JN129? Wouldn't it make more sense for it to start at JN128?

There are rumors running around that JN128 is another clip show, so the battle will start in JN129.

There are rumors running around that JN128 is another clip show, so the battle will start in JN129.
If JN128 is another clip show, then at this point, I’m convinced that the writers just don’t care. Even the excuse of them doing it for animation time wouldn’t hold up with so many happening at the same time.

If JN128 is another clip show, then at this point, I’m convinced that the writers just don’t care. Even the excuse of them doing it for animation time wouldn’t hold up with so many happening at the same time.
I'd see it as more evidence for some production problems more than anything else. I doubt that the writers would actively choose to make multiple clip show episodes within a relatively short span of time as opposed to making brand new episodes. They might be dealing with more behind the scenes issues than we're aware of right now. It doesn't make the number of clip show episodes any better, but I don't think it would be fair or accurate to say that the writers don't care when this is probably beyond their control.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom