• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Kalos League Thread

I agree that definitely Serena, Clemont and Bonnie will all stay in Kalos. As you said, Serena's is already set up and Clemont will likely return to his Gym with Bonnie.
I reckon Squishy will go it's own way after Team Flare has been defeated with the other Zygarde Core. Or maybe it will remain in Lumiose City with her, under her protection along with Clemont, their father and Sycamore and Alain (if he returns to the lab after the League). A slim possibility but would be a pretty cool ending in my opinion.

As for the League itself, I agree and hope it is intermingled with the Team Flare plot and thereby extended in terms of the number of episodes.
I wouldn't mind seeing a filler or two during the League too in order to give Serena and Clemont one more focus episode each so that they are not just relegated to cheerleading and giving the viewers information. I'd like an episode where Clemont has to repair something at the stadium, maybe as a side plot during a rival vs rival match episode. I'd love to see one more Pokemon showcase with Serena and Shauna at the League, kind of like a half-time entertainment show. Again, both are extremely unlikely but one can dream.

I wouldn't mind seeing a filler or two during the League too in order to give Serena and Clemont one more focus episode each so that they are not just relegated to cheerleading and giving the viewers information. I'd like an episode where Clemont has to repair something at the stadium, maybe as a side plot during a rival vs rival match episode. I'd love to see one more Pokemon showcase with Serena and Shauna at the League, kind of like a half-time entertainment show. Again, both are extremely unlikely but one can dream.

Hey, those still sound WAY better than BW105! :D

Last edited:
I hope they do Serena justice when resolving her crush. It had potential for a beautiful childhood love story, and I'd hate for it to evaporate without a decent closure. She started her journey because of Ash. She worked on her dream because she was inspired by Ash. She deserves some sweet moments before Ash leaves even if nothing comes from the shipping hints.

Alain appearing in the league is obviously set up for the Team Flare climax. He had never been interested in the league before, but now suspiciously appears. I'm fairly sure that Alain and Ash will meet in the finals, but get interrupted by Team Flare's plot for destruction, followed by the Team Flare conclusion and wrap-up of the league and Serena/Clemont/Bonnie.

Alain appearing in the league is obviously set up for the Team Flare climax. He had never been interested in the league before, but now suspiciously appears. I'm fairly sure that Alain and Ash will meet in the finals, but get interrupted by Team Flare's plot for destruction, followed by the Team Flare conclusion and wrap-up of the league and Serena/Clemont/Bonnie.

Definitely agree with most of what you said, Alain's inclusion is most certainly linked to Team Flare by some extension or another. Your post made me think... what if they use Team Flare's interference as the reason why Ash loses this time? What if their involvement causes the League to be halted or cancelled for one reason or another? I would hate to see Ash lose again just to ditch his team, travel to Alola and start from scratch in the same way for the sixth time running. Would be cool to see them mix it up a bit - Ash and the others battle well and get far in the League, Team Flare attacks and the plotline is resolved, because of issues that creates the League is cancelled. Would be awful in it's way but at least Ash wouldn't lose for the sixth time running.

And, on that topic, with Sun and Moon and Ash's inevitable journey to Alola on the horizon, how do people feel about the potential that Ash is going to get knocked out of the League once again? Is there a possibility that he could win and still validate starting from scratch in a whole new region? Would it even need addressed if he won and traveled to Alola with only Pikachu?

Last edited:
Definitely agree with most of what you said, Alain's inclusion is most certainly linked to Team Flare by some extension or another. Your post made me think... hat if they use Team Flare's interference as the reason why Ash loses this time? What if their involvement causes the League to be halted or cancelled for one reason or another. I would hate to see Ash lose again just to ditch his team, travel to Alola and start from scratch in the same way for the sixth time running. Would be cool to see them mix it up a bit - Ash and the others battle well and get far in the League, Team Flare attacks and the plotline is resolved, because of issues that creates the League is cancelled. Would be awful in it's way but at least Ash wouldn't lose for the sixth time running.
I like the idea. It could end up looking like Ash is about to win, but then the league is interrupted. It would be better than just a trainer taking him out like normal. Maybe when this is all over, he could get the Honor of Kalos, to make up for his loss sonewhat. By all means, it's setting up to be an exciting conclusion. It'll be sad to see it end, for sure. The characterization was brilliant this series, and I'll genuinely miss Serena, Clemont, and Bonnie.

I could easily see Satoshi winning this league, now that he's perfected the Satoshi-Greninja transformation. I could easily imagine that, upon winning we get an Elite Four/Champion mini arc during which Team Flare could also be resolved.

I wonder what will happen if the league and Team Flare stuff is all wrapped up by the end of the summer. Assuming SM starts in November that's not really enough time for a filler league, maybe we'll just have ~2 months of filler? Hopefully they would use that time to spread out the departure stories for Serena, Clemont, and Bonnie. No more of this "oh we're randomly going to Hoenn/Johto, bye!! :)" business.

I assume that any extra time not devoted to ending TF's plot will be used on fillers because that's how this anime rolls.

Its such a farteched idea, but I'd love it if SOMEHOW Meyer/Blazekin Mask wound up in the league with his Mega Blazekin and he was the one to defeat Ash. Older trainers have been seen, at least at the age of 18 presumably, so who is to say an adult couldn't compete. There has never been any hints though that he has traveled the region, so its not so plausible. I'd much rather see that than Alain knocking Ash out of the league though, which hopefully doesn't happen.

Honestly, I'm not too keen on seeing Astrid, Remo and Alain participating in the League. As much as I love each one of them, I do not like the idea of pushing the three of them into the League, especially when no League backstory was established for either for them. I am having a hard time accepting that they are actually going to be league participants; why do the writers have to suggest that every strong character in the series aspires to win the league, and push them into the League? Of course, Alain could very well be participating on Lysandre's wishes, and I am okay with that, since technically he would be participating for a reason other than winning the League and clearly would have no aspiration of winning the said competition. I wish the other two would also have a good reason for participating in the League, other than just winning the League.

I have similar feelings for Trevor as well!

I wish the other two would also have a good reason for participating in the League, other than just winning the League.
What other reason is there? They participate in the League to win in the League.

And I'm quite happy they're using previously introduced characters rather than just making new ones.

What other reason is there? They participate in the League to win in the League.

And I'm quite happy they're using previously introduced characters rather than just making new ones.
Umm...I meant something along the lines of having a hidden intention behind participating in the league, like Alain's case wherein he is supposed to participate and buy Team Flare some time to attack the League. (though this part is still speculation) Clearly, Astrid and Remo do not seem to have any such hidden intention.

Also, I also appreciate love previously introduced characters participating in the League, as long as they have some League backstory or I see them as characters that can be used in the League later on, like Katharine, Flora and Dino in the BW series. It's just that Astrid and Remo lack any League backstory, and really did not wish to see them as League participants, so I am not really keen on seeing the two of them participate in the League.

I am having a hard time accepting that they are actually going to be league participants; why do the writers have to suggest that every strong character in the series aspires to win the league, and push them into the League?

Sadly because there's no other thing for them to do. If you're a Trainer in Kalos and you're not collecting Gym Badges to enter the Pokémon League Conference, what are you doing? Especially if you happen to be a male Trainer, since you clearly cannot take part in Pokémon Showcases due to your sex.

Of course you can always walk around Kalos doing absolutely nothing, like Clemont is currently doing, but it's not an absurd to think some of the Trainers that Ash (or in this case Alain) has met along the way were gathering Badges, even if they didn't show their Badge case.

I don't mind if Astrid and Remo were not shown to have Badges before. They were mere characters of the day in Mega Evolution Special I. It's different with them, they're not like Alain who has appeared in multiple episodes yet has never exhibited any signs he wanted to enter the League.

Even Trevor bugs me more than they do. While he was shown to have one Badge, he always seemed like he was traveling to take pictures of Pokémon rather than battling them. Out of the three Kalos kids, I always pictured Trevor as the third wheel. Like Brock. Tierno challenging Gym Leaders, Shauna aiming to become Kalos Queen, and Trevor being... Trevor.

What I'm trying to say is that I'm fine if some previously introduced characters are going to compete in the League as long as their participation doesn't feel too forced or unnatural. We know so little about Astrid and Remo that is not too hard to think they could have been collecting Badges all along.

And I am so happy that Astrid will be competing in the League. Yay! In my first post in this thread I said I wanted a female Trainer entering the League and taking things seriously. I would love if Astrid ended up winning the whole tournament. But one step at a time. For now I want to see her crushing one of the boys. We ~know~ Sawyer and Alain are going to defeat Tierno and Trevor, respectively, in the first round. But what about Ash? Who is he going to defeat? Please writers, please, let it be Remo.

If Astrid loses so soon I'll be pissed.
carminha7.gif

Not gonna lie, I wasn't impressed when Astrid and recurring co. are in lè league. They weren't in a proper handling back in Act I (except battling), and all of a sudden BAM! They've registered the participation. Well, now this have already happened, my only hope is to them especially Astrid CANNOT wasting appearances just to lose out in first fight.

Sadly because there's no other thing for them to do. If you're a Trainer in Kalos and you're not collecting Gym Badges to enter the Pokémon League Conference, what are you doing? Especially if you happen to be a male Trainer, since you clearly cannot take part in Pokémon Showcases due to your sex.
Umm... I wouldn't ignore the possibility of Contests being held in the Kalos region. Besides, there are many professions in the Pokémon World like Pokémon Breeding, Pokémon Watching, being a Pokémon Doctor among others that a Trainer may choose to pursue.
Even Trevor bugs me more than they do. While he was shown to have one Badge, he always seemed like he was traveling to take pictures of Pokémon rather than battling them. Out of the three Kalos kids, I always pictured Trevor as the third wheel. Like Brock. Tierno challenging Gym Leaders, Shauna aiming to become Kalos Queen, and Trevor being... Trevor.
This is what bugs me about Trevor being in the League. I never saw him as an aspiring participant for the League, and so his participation feels a bit forced to me.
What I'm trying to say is that I'm fine if some previously introduced characters are going to compete in the League as long as their participation doesn't feel too forced or unnatural. We know so little about Astrid and Remo that is not too hard to think they could have been collecting Badges all along.

And I am so happy that Astrid will be competing in the League. Yay! In my first post in this thread I said I wanted a female Trainer entering the League and taking things seriously. I would love if Astrid ended up winning the whole tournament. But one step at a time. For now I want to see her crushing one of the boys. We ~know~ Sawyer and Alain are going to defeat Tierno and Trevor, respectively, in the first round. But what about Ash? Who is he going to defeat? Please writers, please, let it be Remo.

If Astrid loses so soon I'll be pissed.
carminha7.gif
As much as I did not want Astrid and Remo (and Alain and Trevor, for that matter) to be in the League, now that they are, I also hope that they stay in the League for long, instead of being kicked out early on. Astrid, for one, seems quite powerful, and as you say, I also expect her to beat one of Ash's rivals in the League. (probably Alain; she would then have her revenge!)

I think this league will involve more previously established Trainers than ever before, so I'm actually excited about this one. Astrid and even Alain are certainly a nice surprise to see, and Remo (who I had forgotten about) is even more surprising.

I am rather curious to know who will be the one to (inevitably) eliminate Ash, but that's thinking too far ahead, and I should be thinking instead about the many victories ahead of him first. I'm crossing my fingers that Ash will make it to the final round this time, but it really wouldn't surprise me if he just made it to the top 4 again. Hopefully, he will at least be defeated by the first place winner, either way.

Omg I can't believe I missed all these exciting new developments!

My previous position was staunchly against Alan entering the league but him entering the league as a cover is AMAZING!! Played right, this could be the best series conclusion we've ever had!

Ok time to go and lower my expectations...

Umm... I wouldn't ignore the possibility of Contests being held in the Kalos region. Besides, there are many professions in the Pokémon World like Pokémon Breeding, Pokémon Watching, being a Pokémon Doctor among others that a Trainer may choose to pursue.

If there were Pokemon Contests in Kalos, I'm pretty sure we would have at least heard about it. We never saw any Johto Contests, but we know that those exists. Even with Serena being a Performer rather than a Coordinator, there could have been some sign of Contests in Kalos if they wanted to at least include them to for the heck of it.

So it's Trevor, Tierno, Sawyer, Alain and Ash that I know that are competing in the league. I think Ash would face Sawyer first and win but lose to Alain in the next match.

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom