• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Kanto/Johto Sequels

What if the Kanto sequels are set shortly after Lillie arrives to Kanto? It could be set just as Lillie decides she wants to raise her first Pokémon, around the time the Kanto PC is also getting his first Pokémon. The PC runs into Lillie shortly after the both of them start their adventure, and become friendly rivals.

This sounds cute! If @PkmnTrainerV doesn't like her being friendly maybe she can be a bit of a flop rival. That would be extra cute too!

This sounds cute! If @PkmnTrainerV doesn't like her being friendly maybe she can be a bit of a flop rival. That would be extra cute too!
I just think that she needs to be different than what she was to the SM PC, and eventually warming up to a Kanto PC after times of cute bickering is one of the more plausible ways to do that.

I just think that she needs to be different than what she was to the SM PC, and eventually warming up to a Kanto PC after times of cute bickering is one of the more plausible ways to do that.

Oh I can picture it already, a clumsy lil tsundere who just wants to be independent. Japan loves characters like this!

What if the Kanto sequels are set shortly after Lillie arrives to Kanto? It could be set just as Lillie decides she wants to raise her first Pokémon, around the time the Kanto PC is also getting his first Pokémon. The PC runs into Lillie shortly after the both of them start their adventure, and become friendly rivals. I don't believe Lillie will play the role of 'supporting the PC.' Although honestly I couldn't care less if Lillie shows up in the theorised Kanto sequels or not, I'd just be excited over the fact we can journey across an updated Kanto region.

I think shortly after arriving probably is the best bet. I admittedly don't care for Lillie much myself, so I don't really mind what they do with her or if her role is minor, but I know other people do really like her.

Shortly after arriving is a given, really. They need to handle Lusamine's disease and Lillie becoming a trainer.

It's cool to remember how the Train On commercials ended. Obviously the kid isn't analogous to Lillie (he is from Kanto originally like the SM player), but the idea is the same.

I personally am annoyed at how much Kanto gets shoved down our throats.
It already appeared in 4 games. Then you have the Kanto starters and Mewtwo (not that I didn't like them) in XY and regional variants of Kanto Pokémon in SM.
What's next?
Remakes of the Kanto sequels?
Sequels for these remakes?

The slippery slope argument, eh? That's low.

These potential sequels could very well be the last Kanto games ever. If they don't happen, expect to see Kanto Pokemon be just as prominent in the next generation as they are now.

The slippery slope argument, eh? That's low.

These potential sequels could very well be the last Kanto games ever. If they don't happen, expect to see Kanto Pokemon be just as prominent in the next generation as they are now.

Lento games will NEVER stop, I can bet. 20 years from now, we'll be having:
Kanto
Kanto Remake
Kanto Sequel
Kanto Sequel Remake
Kanto Sequel 2
Kanto reboot

Along with all the previous focus on Kanto Pokemon continued for eternity.

I guess they can solve that by making her explain everything, but not sure how easy you can explain that your mom went nuts and merged with an alien thing Pokémon :p

I just thought of the best solution for this: make people buy Sun Moon as well! :p

I like the idea where Lillie is now the foreigner rival, starting along with the PC (a contrast to the relationship between the PC and Hau in SM) but is there no way to make it a direct continuation of SM where the PC remains the same? :\ I feel like that has the potential to make a deeper and more complex storyline if it works out. Perhaps they could do something through Game Sync? But not make your SM Pokemons available until you beat the gyms?

A random thought: I'd like it if Brock closes the gym and runs the Pokemon Day Care in Kanto.

Brock could become a doctor much like in the anime. We've never seen any doctors other than that Unova NPC class, have we?

Brock could become a doctor much like in the anime. We've never seen any doctors other than that Unova NPC class, have we?

A Pokemon hospital with Dr Brock replacing the typical Pokemon center in Pewter City would be kinda cool! I thought Brock wanted to be a breeder tho?

I just thought of the best solution for this: make people buy Sun Moon as well! :p

It would cause a pretty bad backlash from Gen 1 enthusiasts, the people who the game is existing to get back.
I don't think a game should be forced on people, which is most probably on a different system, which will be pretty much hard to get (it's very hard to get a decent deal for a 3DS).

I don't mean to sound harsh, but the Lillie-wishes on this thread are very unlikely to be fulfilled.

I don't mean to sound harsh, but the Lillie-wishes on this thread are very unlikely to be fulfilled.

Indeed. I mean look at N. Left at the end of BW to distant regions, yet returns in BW2. I expect there to be a similar case here, with Lillie going to Kanto, only to return by the time the sequels start and only getting a reference from Bill.

I mean when you think about there are a lot of things that go unexplained even in the reinterpretations, such as what happened to Aster (and how did Zinnia know of the alternate universe), what happened to the Looker in Hoenn (his Faller status is not being confirmed nor denied), who the pokemon were before being revived as Entei, Raikou and Suicune, what AZ did between the war and the events of XY (something not even Generations explained) and most of these mysteries have one thing in common.

They are either characters whose arcs are completed (except Looker) and appear by the end of the game or who only exist in backstories:
  • Zinnia: Successful in her goal of stopping the meteor (relegating Aster to being the pokemon equivalent of Ben Parker).
  • AZ: Eventually reunited with his Floette.
  • Crown Beasts: They are only referenced in their legend and nothing, else, for all we know, they were always like that and the "Ho-Oh reincarnating them from different pokemon" bit was a fabrication (specifically the "from different Pokemon" part, that the Tower was burned to ashes is evident throughout its appearances. I'm merely arguing that they had though different pokemon might had perished based on silhouettes)
  • Looker: Heavily implied to be a Faller based on what we know from XY. But apart from that his role has been static.
and for the people I didn't mention.
  • N: Succeeded in stopping his megalomaniacal father and effectively gave his dragon to BW2's PC (thought not without a fight or two)
  • Zygarde: Though theorized to have something to do with the Ultra Beasts, that he is founf ina location where neither Xernaias or Yveltal (though to be fair, the latter could probably fly there to wreak havok) seems more like a Doylist thing rather than something that could be explined in universe (To elaborate, this was caused by the decision not to do a third Kalos game and so having to let Zygarde's extra formes be in Sun and Moon instead. Though it is interesting to not that Zygarde's ground typing does have an massive advantage on the only plot relevant UB: the Rock/Poison Nihilego and Complete Form has similar characteristics to Guzzlord such as high HP stat, massive size and being technicality found in simialr places)
  • Red: Older, Wiser and now running the Battle tree with his rival Blue (oh and objectionably alive), granted given that he was last seen vanishing form mt Silver, I'd say he's the exception that proves the rule.
Overall I'd say its likely that Lillie would become a non-presence in Kanto, alluded to, but what she did being left entirely ambiguous, serving as fodder for headcanon, fanon and maybe adaptations to fill the void (Mainly PokeSpe, but the Anime did have its moments despite being more apocryphal, such as with Zygarde).

If Kanto sequels are next rather than a return to Alola, then Lillie having a role is very likely. She is a popular character.

N returned in B2W2, so I don't see what you're getting at. We didn't see the faraway region he visited, but the lack of any hints about what that region was made it excusable.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom