• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Last Gen! Who is still playing?

.karrie.

Reaction score
Anybody still actively playing D/P/P or SS/HG files? I'm playing them a lot more than my White right now and am having a blast. Don't want to be the only one lol! I got a buddy at work who plays Pokemon too but he's in current gen so.. can't really relate to him right now lol.

Anywho, I've been playing my copy of Platinum the most. It's my main focus in Pokemon right now. I have over 20 hours in it right now. Wound up picking it up at a second hand game store about a month ago. I'm preparing for the E4. My team kind of sucks.. but eh.. I'm working on it lol. As a side project I've been breeding for a shiny Hoppip in my SoulSilver file for a while now. I was trying for an Eevee for MONTHS but finally gave up. I have two boxes full of Eevee's now that I don't really need lol. Only two females came out of the bunch. LOL I'm really hoping for the shiny Hoppip though. I really want to raise one up into a Jumpluff. Love that shiny! So far.. no luck. I have a Japanese Jumpluff I got off the Global Trading and am mating it with an American Hoppip. I really hope my luck turns around as I really want that shiny! I was going to try chain shiny hunting on Platinum but haven't completed my Sinnoh dex yet so that's kind of being put off for later. So that's basically what I've been doing in the Pokemon games lately lol.

So how about everyone else playing last gen games? What are you focusing on in game? I'd just love to chat with some people who aren't playing B/W because I'm saving that and starting over White after I'm done with my current projects to tide me over until B2/W2.

I have a copy of HeartGold I haven't touched yet. I bought it simply because I absolutely loved SoulSilver because of the Kanto and Johto regions and didn't want to restart SoulSilver to play. I'll probably play it after I get the story done in White. Started playing on my copy today and kind of fell in love and got addicted lol. It's really hard to play three Pokemon games at once though! lol

(not to mention I've been playing Pokemon Ranger Guardian Signs..)

White has started to bore me due to not really needing anything anymore. So for shizz and giggles i pull out my Pt game to dig in the underground for hours (its REALLY addicting xD). Lately though i've been dusting off my HG cart and just running around. Might get around to actually collecting ppl's phone numbers to rechallenge them eventually. I dunno.

I have a copy of HeartGold I haven't touched yet. I bought it simply because I absolutely loved SoulSilver because of the Kanto and Johto regions and didn't want to restart SoulSilver to play. I'll probably play it after I get the story done in White. Started playing on my copy today and kind of fell in love and got addicted lol. It's really hard to play three Pokemon games at once though! lol

(not to mention I've been playing Pokemon Ranger Guardian Signs..)

Lol tell me about it! xD I'm currently still playing through Pokemon Colosseum and Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky (Colo. i've been at for YRS now just because more mainstream pkmn games keep coming out! lol) White 2 is definitely going to put a dent in those playthroughs haha

I'm still playing back to gen three! (Gen II died of battery lost before I could ever finish them. And I played Firered when I wanted to play Blue)

I do Momo type runs or Nuzlockes to keep things fresh for me. I also play some of the older side games sometimes.

Since I barely watched any of the Diamond & Pearl episodes, I wanted to watch a few. Well, that sparked a desire to want to play Diamond, which is what I'm currently playing. I never used Turtwig, so I went with that.

EDIT: Brain fart! I said "Chikorita", when I meant to say, "Turtwig".

Last edited:
I have been replaying Diamond and SS, on-again and off-again though since I've already beaten them. (Half-beaten SS actually, I should get back to it but I'm preoccupied with other things...) I've also been playing Crystal for a Nuzlocke run, though I haven't been putting a lot of progress into the game file as I've also been working on a Nuzlocke comic along side it.

My sister's just restarted my diamond,and we're looking at getting gen 3 games(Emerald and Ruby)

I sometimes play them for the lolz. I'm thinking of transferring my Pt team over to HGSS so I can fight Red with my Pt team... but my friend borrowed my game, so I'll have to wait.

Having found that the newer games just aren't for me, I've been continuing my SoulSilver playthrough, and working on a fresh HeartGold run, and yes, I'm loving it. Probably the only paired games to never bore me in post-game. XD

I am still using them for egg moves/move tutors and certain Pokemon, but will be having a good old play through HG again probably soon. :)

I played SoulSilver during the time where my Black version was lodged underneath my buddy's car seat. Still playing it. Gotta love the Johto region.

...and plus my wife partner Yui the Gardevoir is there.

I plan to finish HeartGold (I haven't passed Goldenrod City- man I'm slacking =/ ) after finishing Black. (Recently got seven badges. Since starting the game back in March. 2011.) And hopefully finishing Platinum after that. But I wanna squeeze Conquest in, yet I don't want to get Black 2 so late either...

I also wanna play Battle Revolution more. And Diamond.

So yeah.

I haven't been playing too much of Generation IV, although I still train Pokemon and then send them to my Pokemon White. However, I still play with them once in a while for the Battle Frontier and stuff.

Diamond and Heartgold. I also want Emerald.
The main reason is you need to know people to have a lot of fun in BW, whereas the other games had a lot of single-player features.
I also like the older Pokemon (as in the species) compared to the new ones.

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom