• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leak Repository Thread (WARNING: Huge spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would they give an unevolved Pokemon a G-max form? That would cause the evolution(s) to not be used.
I was going to ask a similar question: Why would they give Pikachu and Meowth a G-max form when it should be Raichu and Persian?

So far I agree with some, however I see the others differently...

8: G-Max Piplup/ new Penguin Pokemon
18: G-Max Charizard
21: Eternatus

I was going to ask a similar question: Why would they give Pikachu and Meowth a G-max form when it should be Raichu and Persian?

So far I agree with some, however I see the others differently...

8: G-Max Piplup/ new Penguin Pokemon
18: G-Max Charizard
21: Eternatus
i think 21 is the thing we saw in the hill

22 and 23, both being blacked out and both being Urban legends (Sasquatch, Loch Ness)... They're a pair I think. The return of fossils? A duo of minor legendaries? I don't think 23 is Lapras since we know it'll have a music/siren thing to it, and not really a specific loch Ness thing.

Yeah this. It sounds like an unusual choice to say the least.
For the same reason Pikachu/Eevee got special z moves with special animations, which their evolutions could not use. Popularity. Gigantamax forms aren't much different from special z moves, anyway. They're basically 3-turn z moves with a mega form.

For the same reason Pikachu/Eevee got special z moves with special animations, which their evolutions could not use. Popularity. Gigantamax forms aren't much different from special z moves, anyway. They're basically 3-turn z moves with a mega form.
So having Piplup a G-Max form is plausible anyway. Though why Piplup? Unless there's something to come after SwSh.

So having Piplup a G-Max form is plausible anyway. Though why Piplup? Unless there's something to come after SwSh.
I mean obviously there is. it'd be extremely weird for them to just stop making remakes and we're around the time expected for a sinnoh remake within the next two years. would not be unusual for them to tease it in swsh like for xy with torchic.

But why give Piplup a G-max? What about Empoleon? I do like the Pokemon, but I don't want to have to make a choice (I'm sure there are people who would agree).
Piplup is more popular because the anime
like the fact they gave pikachu multiple z-moves

I doubt it's Piplup honestly
We won't know until we have more news. That's why I said it could either be Piplup or a new Penguin Pokemon.

However because of how popular Piplup is in Japan, I don't see why they shouldn't do a similar thing as like what they did with Torchic for XY.

I think the Magic 8 Ball being Weezing is a bit of a stretch... why would you choose an 8 ball to represent Weezing? An 8 ball has nothing to do with Galarian Weezing aside from being round and wearing a hat. They could have chosen to use a picture of Mr. Monopoly's head and it would have been more on-point than choosing an 8 ball with limbs.

So been lookin at the riddle leak some more and found out some new conclusions to the ones I made earlier

The potential hint at Morpeko still stands

And the statue which I thought was a manticore, was actually a gargoyle statue, so Impidimp's potential evo

The top hatted magic 8 ball, which I thought was hinting at a magic 8 ball pokemon, I realized could be hinting at Galarian Weezing, especially since I doubt they'd put 2 top hatted ball pokemon in the same region

The 2 pics of a knight and a dragon next to the eevee costume I think is hinting at a Dragon and Steel Eeveelution

and the Red item which I thought was a gem, was actually a cup of jello cubes, which makes me think it's a hint towards Reuniclus. Either a Galarian for or Gigantamax form.
I'd say Galar Reuniclus is unlikely (but possible) given that Bede is seen using a normal Duosion, so I'd say that it's probably a Giga

I don't think that Piplup is getting a G-Max form unless the Sinnoh remakes pull an LGPE and make the starters incapable of evolving.

I don't think that Piplup is getting a G-Max form unless the Sinnoh remakes pull an LGPE and make the starters incapable of evolving.
That only made sense in LGPE, given its basis on Yellow and the imbalance between the two starter mascots evolution-wise, so I doubt that's going to happen here.

I do wonder about those G-max Pikachu and Meowth forms, though... the leaker could have mistaken G-Morpeko and G-Persian or some other cat, possibly. Or they could have made every stage capable of G-max, but that seems a bit overkill, especially with Dexit. >.>

But that also makes me wonder about how you obtain your G-max pokemon in the first place. We know that you can obtain them from Max Raids, but what form are they in when you encounter them? Are they Gigantamax'd when you meet them? Is there some kind of indication that they are G-maxable? Or are they Dynamax'd and you have to catch a bunch to find a G-max one, and how would you be able to tell? What kind of indication would we get that our pokemon can G-max? Because if a pre-evo can't G-max, we would need some way to figure out if their final evo can, or everyone would be stuck evolving heck knows how many Meowths to figure out which one can become a G-Persian.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom