• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leak Repository Thread (WARNING: Huge spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Coro Coro is only news to young kids who don't have access to the internet. I don't put much stock in them.

However, if it is proven with significant evidence that the Dynamax Rumor Continuation was posted by the same person as the original Dynamax Rumor, it will be moved to the Real section even if nothing it lists is confirmed.

Coro Coro is only news to young kids who don't have access to the internet. I don't put much stock in them.
Not sure where people are getting this attitude towards CoroCoro from- it's revealed plenty of new information ahead of official trailers in the past.

However, if it is proven with significant evidence that the Dynamax Rumor Continuation was posted by the same person as the original Dynamax Rumor, it will be moved to the Real section even if nothing it lists is confirmed.
Don't think that's gonna happen, but sounds like a plan.

Since we still don't have a new official discussion thread to post new leaks, I'm just going to post a screenshot I just got of a recent leak here under spoiler tags.

A reasonable rumor for the most part, the camp thing mentioned is basically Pokemon Amie with a different name.

Could they come up with anything better than Oinker?

And an eeveeution that results from winning a gym battle? I'm not sure how I feel about that. I want to say this leak is probably fake cause of these oddities, but anything is possible I guess.

"Yo dawg, I heard you like announcement dates, so we decided to needlessly overplan so that you can have an announcement date for your announcement date!"
It just doesn't make sense. Planning an announcement date, yes-you need time to prepare for it. But once you have the announcement date planned, what's the point in holding back the information until later? According to this post, Game Freak has another direct already lined up, and they're certain about the release date for it. So why not tell us now? What benefits come from waiting two days to let people know about an upcoming direct?

A pig Pokemon named Oinker? Is Miltank being retconned to Mooer, then?

"These Pokemon are planned to be revealed alongside Yamper and Impadimp. But we didn't include them at E3, even though we did for Yamper and Impadimp."

I love how this person gives a detailed description of the little boy's outfit, but not what Team Yell looks like. Very convincing. And why is Team Yell stealing from a small child when they could just like...catch the Pokemon their dang selves.

We don't even have confirmation of what order Milo and Nessa will be fought in-but Game Freak's gonna let you know that Arthur is the sixth gym leader? (And you don't meet Team Yell until the sixth gym leader?)

Showing off hairstyles when customization has already been confirmed? Okay.

Four seconds of your character just standing there and waiting. What a great thing to include.

Masuda tells you about this new mechanic, but you never see the mechanic. Every other direct

"A new Poke Ball is shown. I've got a visual description and a vague idea of gameplay, but no details like what it does or its name, even though it's being shown off in a Direct."
Besides, we didn't get a Beast Ball featured anywhere-why would this Poke Ball be such a big deal?

Tease a future reveal for an Eeveelution? Why? I get teasing "there's more to come" in things like the ZDog fight scene, where you know something important to the plot of SwSh is coming. But an Eeveelution isn't gonna affect the plot, and receiving new ones isn't unique to SwSh. I'd be happy for a new one, sure, but I don't see why they'd put it on par with "unknown threat to the cover mascots".

Also, what's this person pretending to be? They're claiming to not only have insider info on marketing, but also in-game material, like the two Eeveelutions that aren't in the direct, or the mechanics behind customization. And yet, they don't know the difference between "there" and "their"? Why would Game Freak hire someone like that?

It just doesn't make sense. Planning an announcement date, yes-you need time to prepare for it. But once you have the announcement date planned, what's the point in holding back the information until later? According to this post, Game Freak has another direct already lined up, and they're certain about the release date for it. So why not tell us now? What benefits come from waiting two days to let people know about an upcoming direct?
Nintendo has done this sort of thing with their Directs though, as with individual game Directs. They choose a date to announce the Direct's scheduling so that people have time to tune-in.

And why is Team Yell stealing from a small child when they could just like...catch the Pokemon their dang selves.
To be fair, Team Rocket is no better.

Nintendo has done this sort of thing with their Directs though, as with individual game Directs. They choose a date to announce the Direct's scheduling so that people have time to tune-in.
I'm not questioning why they'd plan a date for the direct and announce it, I'm questioning why they'd plan a date for the announcement itself. (Or, more specifically, I'm questioning the idea that they'd plan a specific date for when to tweet about the direct, not the idea that they would tweet about it) According to this rumor, the direct is already completed, and they're just waiting to air it at the scheduled time. But instead of letting everyone know that now, they're waiting an extra two days, with no benefits, because they made an extra decision about the announcement of the direct, which is itself an announcement of information. It doesn't make sense to me that there would be a specific date planned for an announcement that only gave the date and time of another announcement.
To be fair, Team Rocket is no better.
They're better in that they steal several Pokemon, not just one.

I'm not questioning why they'd plan a date for the direct and announce it, I'm questioning why they'd plan a date for the announcement itself. (Or, more specifically, I'm questioning the idea that they'd plan a specific date for when to tweet about the direct, not the idea that they would tweet about it) According to this rumor, the direct is already completed, and they're just waiting to air it at the scheduled time. But instead of letting everyone know that now, they're waiting an extra two days, with no benefits, because they made an extra decision about the announcement of the direct, which is itself an announcement of information. It doesn't make sense to me that there would be a specific date planned for an announcement that only gave the date and time of another announcement.
Well, could be because they didn't want the announcement to get lost amidst other news- like the North American Championships just wrapped up in the last 24 hours. What I find weird, though, is that the announcement is supposedly coming a week before the Direct when usually it only comes a couple days in advance at most.

Since we still don't have a new official discussion thread to post new leaks, I'm just going to post a screenshot I just got of a recent leak here under spoiler tags.

Yamper, Oinker and Strixer?

And why is Team Yell stealing from a small child when they could just like...catch the Pokemon their dang selves.
That has happened in several main series game though, done by a variety of evil teams.

That has happened in several main series game though, done by a variety of evil teams.
As part of larger plans, though. No plan involved stealing just one Pokemon from one small child.
Well, could be because they didn't want the announcement to get lost amidst other news- like the North American Championships just wrapped up in the last 24 hours.
Why not post it on the 23rd, then?

It could be a part of a larger plan, though. The 'leak' just mentions one instance when you see the team stealing a Pokémon. It’s not necessarily indicative of their future plans.
But it also says that Arthur is only asking you to recover one Pokemon, even though he "won't battle if anyone in his town is unhappy". That would imply that they only stole one Pokemon from the town.

Why not post it on the 23rd, then?
Because the twitter was being flooded with VGC tweets that would have buried the announcement.

Interestingly, while I still think that the announcement date is weird, the Direct date it mentions is just the day before Japan Expo- or day of, if you go by North American times. So could be legit or could be a faker who did their homework.

But it also says that Arthur is only asking you to recover one Pokemon, even though he "won't battle if anyone in his town is unhappy". That would imply that they only stole one Pokemon from the town.
Or it could be a step towards making the town happier. He generally says 'the town is unhappy'. Really, that’s the least fishy part of this 'leak'.

Or it could be a step towards making the town happier. He generally says 'the town is unhappy'. Really, that’s the least fishy part of this 'leak'.
The "won't battle if his town is unhappy" could also imply that it's not the only pokemon stolen, and he's just asking you to help retrieve the boy's pokemon specifically because the boy happens to be standing there, so the real goal is "go retrieve everyone's pokemon."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom