• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leak Repository Thread (WARNING: Huge spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scorbunny looking like a Fighting Type is unlikely at this point, since you only need to look at the color of it's fur.
Scorbunny’s colour scheme doesn’t exclude it from fighting type, even if colour schemes were indicative of types, which they often aren’t, please refer to...

Fire/Fighting, and not that different from Scorbunny’s colour scheme (apart from the red and orange indicating fire)

Scorbunny’s colour scheme doesn’t exclude it from fighting type, even if colour schemes were indicative of types, which they often aren’t, please refer to...
I know it's not a starter, but the strongest case I can think of for "color does not indicate type"...

File:322Numel.png

Lol besides, if color indicated type, then Scorbunny is clearly going to be Fire/Ice, right? That's what white means, doesn't it? =P

If we go off color indication, Scorbunny is mainly white, which means it either becomes Fire/Normal, Fire/Steel or Fire/Ice. Grookey has some brown, so Grass/Rock or Grass/Ground and Sobble has Yellow in its color scheme, meaning Water/Electric (But they obviously aren't gonna put part Electric on another starter because of Starter and Mascot Special Snowflake Pikachu).

true. Also, Scorbunny looking like a Fighting Type is unlikely at this point, since you only need to look at the color of it's fur. Litten's fur gave away it evolving into a Fire/Dark Type, Popplio a Water/Fairy. However Rowlet was the only one that took us off guard.

One person also made a map of what second typings the Galar Starters may have...

Grookey: Grass/Rock
Scorbunny: Fire/Electric
Sobble: Water/Ice

Ice is strong against Rock, Rock is strong against Electric and Electric is strong against Ice. This'll probably help to even the battlefield for the starters if that's the case.
Uhh ice isn't strong against rock, other way around. Rock isn't strong against electric and electric isnt strong against ice. That whole thing is wrong

Um no, it still doesn't work like that, but I take it English isn't your fluent language?
I am english actually, I'm just not much of a fan to Math. What I was trying to show is Rock is strong against Electric Type attacks, and Electric is strong against Ice Type attacks, and Ice is strong against Rock Type attacks.

Having the Starters having primary type attacks strong and weak from each other, and yet having similar for the secondary but in opposite direction would balance them out.

I am english actually, I'm just not much of a fan to Math. What I was trying to show is Rock is strong against Electric Type attacks, and Electric is strong against Ice Type attacks, and Ice is strong against Rock Type attacks.

Having the Starters having primary type attacks strong and weak from each other, and yet having similar for the secondary but in opposite direction would balance them out.

Only Ground is strong against Electric and Ice is neutral against Rock, so its still not gonna work.

However: Ground - Steel - Ice does (Ground is strong against Steel, Steel is strong against Ice and Ice is strong against Ground).

Last edited:
Only Ground is strong against Electric and Ice is neutral against Rock, so its still not gonna work.

However: Ground - Steel - Ice does (Ground is strong against Steel, Steel is strong against Ice and Ice is strong against Ground).
Yes, that would work.

The typings I got was just from another person on Google Images, and wasn't my idea.

But that’s wrong. This is how it works:
Rock is SE against Ice, Ice is neutral against Rock
Rock is neutral against Electric, Electric is neutral against Rock
Ice is neutral against Electric, Electric is neutral against Ice

If we go off color indication, Scorbunny is mainly white, which means it either becomes Fire/Normal, Fire/Steel or Fire/Ice. Grookey has some brown, so Grass/Rock or Grass/Ground and Sobble has Yellow in its color scheme, meaning Water/Electric (But they obviously aren't gonna put part Electric on another starter because of Starter and Mascot Special Snowflake Pikachu).
I don't think Pikachu bars any other starter from getting the Electric-type... it's not like you can choose Pikachu as a starter in every game. Or even most games. Or even find it right off the bat, or even before the post-game, if at all. And gaining Electric in a later stage wouldn't put a starter at risk of outshining Pikachu by a longshot.

Some of you guys just don't know how to prioritize your posts. So you guys rely on others to mini-pick your posts just so you can go on more about your original post.

But Gen 4 did have some triangles lacking: Empoleon did not have resistance to Fire, and Torterra did not have resistance to Water.

But imo that'd be weird if they only made it for 1 starter of a gen and not the rest. If Bongorilla is Grass/Rock, he won't resist water.
Infernape doesn't resist Rock or Steel either. Your point is?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom