• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leak Repository Thread (WARNING: Huge spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really like this release period. They're slowly drip-feeding us with bits here and there and the Sirfetch'd and the livestream reveals are new and interesting concepts for Pokémon. I like that they're switching it up (no pun intended)

Yeah, its nice for some, but for others who like to build-up teams before the games, its not so nice.

Just realized that the bird in Prof. Magnolia's cane might be Corviknight's pre-evo/first stage.
Hope it'll be revealed in the stream. I really wish this stream will reveal much more than anybody expects.

Just realized that the bird in Prof. Magnolia's cane might be Corviknight's pre-evo/first stage.
Hope it'll be revealed in the stream. I really wish this stream will reveal much more than anybody expects.
Thinking about it, there really should be a large number of Pokémon shown. Having a day-long stream of an area in Galar but not including many new Pokémon would actually give the idea that there aren't many in the games. Which would be a bad idea.

Yeah, its nice for some, but for others who like to build-up teams before the games, its not so nice.
Well to be fair you will still undoubtedly be able to do this. Access to the information regarding all the new and returning Pokémon will be available before you play the game. It’s just a question of how close to release that information will come out/be datamined.

It may also be their way of answering the call from the Japanese Audience about knowing what older pokemon will be in Swsh

Yep they got a trailer every month bar one month. Like SM it was in your face revealing mostly everything.
XY trailers focused more on the pokemon and megas, SwSh trailers focus more on the characters and features.
so xy news cycle wasn't any better than this one
also, corocoro pretty much leaked all the trailers.

I think new trailer every 2-3 weeks is the sweet spot. (sun and moon was pretty much new trailer every week or two)

A trailer every 3 weeks sounds nice, but we only have 6 weeks until launch. We probably will get 2 more trailers at this rate though.

One next week, because of the stream, and a final one 2 weeks before launch, within the first week of November.
We might get 2 trailers on october if the stream don't reveal the starters mid evolution

Yeah I guess I meant I like XY's better because even though there weren't more trailers there were more pokemon revealed, also corocoro revealed some. Not that I can really ask much from corocoro anymore

Honestly, at this point XY not only had more trailers exhibited, but also a lot more revealed content, it is not even fair.

Last edited:
Honestly, at this point XY not only had more trailers exhibited, but also a lot more revealed content, it's not even fair.

Actually sword and shield got more trailers, we got 2 last month and XY got only one every month

When it comes to the October 4th stream i do think it will have the starter evos.

Heres why i think that.

it wouldn't be unusual for sonia to have the starter evos to begin with.

The stream could just be showing random returning pokemon and then reveal a new one and have Sonia battle it using the appropriate starter type.

" oh its a new pokemon such and such thats a grass type which is weak to Fire types " and throws out scorbunny's evo.

Repeats with other new pokemon weak to sobble's and Grookey's evos.

Idk its possible

Last edited:
Actually sword and shield got more trailers, we got 2 last month and XY got only one every month
XY (from Jan to Aug) - (1), (2), (3), (4), (5), (6), (7), (8), (9), (10), (11), (12).
We're two months from the Swsh release, so I didn't count the September/October ones. It's missing some japanese exclusive trailer too.

SwSh (From Feb to Sep) - (1), (2), (3), (4), (5), (6), (7), (8).

Speaking of trailer numbers only, of course. For content, XY had a lot more content revealed at this point, not only revealed by trailers, but also through other media, such as the Developer Roundtable.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom