• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leak Repository Thread (WARNING: Huge spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really? Cause all the starters have had the balance since day 1. Grass starter beats the water, Water beats the Fire, and Fire beats the Grass. That has been the case since the start of the series
Infernape's secondary Fighting-type can beat Empoleon's Steel-typing. I know I'm being pedantic. But there has been a case where the typing triangle of the starters has been disrupted.

Steel is not immune to Grass, it resists it but I think I get what you’re saying anyway.
However, Infernape also became good against Empoleon by virtue of becoming part Fighting. Empoleon also lost its Fire resistance through its Steel typing.

Torterra was literally what made the sinnoh starters balance out, more or less. Since Empoleon was Steel it was immune to Grass, so Torterra became Ground to counter it
I mean, Empoleon still doesn’t have a super effective STAB against Torterra, while Infernape gained one against the former (with the Fire type becoming normal effective towards Empoleon).

Infernape's secondary Fighting-type can beat Empoleon's Steel-typing. I know I'm being pedantic. But there has been a case where the typing triangle of the starters has been disrupted.
However, Infernape also became good against Empoleon by virtue of becoming part Fighting. Empoleon also lost its Fire resistance through its Steel typing.
I mean, Empoleon still doesn’t have a super effective STAB against Torterra, while Infernape gained one against the former (with the Fire type becoming normal effective towards Empoleon).
But Empoleon still has the advantage against Infernape cause it's still weak to Water.

What has me confused is they say “only Charizard has a Gigantamax Form” and then goes on to list a bunch of them on the next screenshot.
He meant only Charizard among the Kanto starters

And looks like we won't have to wait long to know whether this leak is legit

But Empoleon still has the advantage against Infernape cause it's still weak to Water.
Of course, but the situation is unbalanced because the other two member of the trio has SE STAB moves against the other two, Torterra on Infernape and Empoleon, and Infernape on Torterra and Empoleon. The latter has an advantage on Infernape (with both his typing not having a resistance against Infernape though), and didn’t gain a super effective STAB on Torterra.

To be perfectly balanced, all three should be able to have super effective STAB against the other two, but it’s not the case.

But still, Infernape was given STAB advantage over Empoleon, which still disrupts the triangle.
Not really, it's still there. Infernape just had the upperhand is all. If Infernape was resistant to everything Empoleon in every way, then yes the triangle is ruined, but that's not the case.

If it's pink, then it's probably either Fairy or Psychic as those are the types most associated with the color pink.
Psychic would be more believable to me because it is kinda maroony. I cannot get the zoomin to post from my screenshot, or I would show it

I need this to be real just because zoroark making it in.
but i think it's fake.. from what we know grookey learns few dark type moves.
i think he might end being grass/dark
this is how i see it
grass/dark
fire/fighting
water/ghost
Dark>Ghost
Fighting>Dark
Ghost>Fighting
Ghost isn't super effective against fighting, only correlation is that fighting doesn't effect ghost

View attachment 126442

There's this one that claims Leon is going to die.

Definitely don't think it's real, but I like the ideas in it (which makes sense because it's a wishlist basically)

FAKE AF. The Game Informer interview about the starters has eliminated almost every type, except for Fairy, Psychic and Rock. Its 100% not gonna be a Dark type, since that doesn't match the description that said if you love to party, Grookey is your choice.

Your post I replied to was about secondary typings. You know I wasn’t referring to the initial grass-fire-water triangle in their first stages.

Yes, typically they hold up with whatever secondary typings they get, if any. But things like Torterra happen, and secondary triangles like in gen 7 happen, and it’s also only been a perfect second triangle once in the past 23 years.
I think what they've been trying to say is that there has never been a reverse triangle to "balance" out the main one. The typing of the Starters has always maintained the main triangle of "Fire starter beats Grass starter beats Water starter beats Fire starter". Any secondary typing a starter gains either supplement this or does nothing, it very rarely acts against this current. Look at gen 6 as a strong example.
Greninja being Water/Dark beats Delphox being Fire/Psychic, so the Water starter continues to beat Fire starter with their secondary typings aiding them. Same with Chesnaught being Grass/Fighting beating Greninja's Water/Dark and losing to Delphox' Fire Psychic. In Gen 7 you have Incineroar's Fire/Dark beating Decidueye's Grass/Ghost while losing to Primarina's Water/Fairy. Now while Decidueye's Ghost-typing doesn't help it much with beating Primarina, it also doesn't inhibit it in being the "stronger" starter in any way.
The only time this falls apart, as far as I know, was in gen 4 wherein Infernape's secondary Fighting-typing allowed it to beat Empoleon who was Water/Steel. However, for the most part, the Water-Fire-Grass trio very rarely has it's secondary typings (if they have any) disrupt their core chain.

Last edited:
FAKE AF. The Game Informer interview about the starters has eliminated almost every type, except for Fairy, Psychic and Rock. Its 100% not gonna be a Dark type, since that doesn't match the description that said if you love to party, Grookey is your choice.

As an opinion, that's fine. But I'd note thinking people who like to party fits Fairy type but not Dark says something about you. It says you think liking to party makes you a good person and that a Dark type Pokemon species can't represent something good.

He even avoided the careless starter triangle mistake. He's a aware that if Grookey did end up as Grass/Rock, then Scorbunny would have to be either Fighting or Steel. Finally someone actually putting in effort into a leak
Not really, it's still there. Infernape just had the upperhand is all. If Infernape was resistant to everything Empoleon in every way, then yes the triangle is ruined, but that's not the case.
That’s going by your own observations which we don’t even know if GameFreak follows. Having an "upper hand" is still unbalanced.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom