• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leak Repository Thread (WARNING: Huge spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did notice that most of the ones that were officially revealed definitely felt more pokemon-ish than most of these leaks have, but it wasn't without some inching across the line of "eeeeeeeh wrong style." =/ Yamper wasn't quite right and Impidimp was definitely looking extremely out of place... not so much now, with all these uncomfortably westernized friends to accompany it.

Bandit fox with a mustache? Taz the Tasmanian Devil crossed with a viking miner?

Yes :) The eyes of Yamper and Impadimp are experimental for Pokemon but they do still look Pancultural, if that makes sense! Like it is still easy to picture them in a manga or the anime.

Many of the leaked designs seem out of proportion; and for character designers, the first things they see of course are the proportions as they sketch the layers of basic shapes!!

Actually speaking of- out of everything that's leaked, I think Garbodor's Gmax is probably my fave. XD Not saying a whole lot, but I like what they did with it.

Disappointed by Lapras, though! Not majorly, because what the Affleck leaker described didn't sound great anyway but maaaaan, they couldn't do something cooler with it? Give it more of a badass Nessie vibe? Shaaaaame.

See that's what I was worried about they would make Lapras Nessie plus with how Affleck described it so gives me hope a brand new mon would be Nessie now.

See that's what I was worried about they would make Lapras Nessie plus with how Affleck described it so gives me hope a brand new mon would be Nessie now.
Honestly wouldn't be surprised if it still held the Nessie slot anyway. =/ And I think Lapras getting Gmax lowers the chances of getting a monsterous Gmax Nessie one way or another.

Just out of curiosity, what do most of you guys find appealing about a snake with a river tube around it's neck, or a troll that was pulled straight out of a 90's Western cartoon, or an anorexic spy lizard? What's so great about a octopus with boxing gloves, that evolves into an octopus with a wrestling mask? Help me understand.

Just out of curiosity, what do most of you guys find appealing about a snake with a river tube around it's neck, or a troll that was pulled straight out of a 90's Western cartoon, or an anorexic spy lizard? What's so great about a octopus with boxing gloves, that evolves into an octopus with a wrestling mask? Help me understand.
they have personality, some are cute, some are cool, some are quirky, etc.

Grimmsnarl looks like a troll that you would find in a Western cartoon.

The 3D model leaked designs each seem to show the possible fan creators' limitations of working with the software, the same cannot be said for the official Creatures designs which, while we have seen them for years now, are basically each incredible! It is weird that with multiple leakers there are no videos of anything yet, not even a few seconds' worth! :) :)

The only one of those I like is the snake, and I like it because it looks ridiculous and I like the way its face looks.

I mean to be fair, its just as easy to make these sound good as it is to sound bad.

Cute snake wrapped around itself with its head poking out. epic goblin monster, sleek smug secret agent lizard, badass boxing octopus

Dinozap(?)

I was thinking it looked more like Giroro from Sgt. Frog...but purple like Garuru.

So not exactly a western cartoon look.

/late, sorry.

Y'know, come to think of it, Intellon reminds me a lot of a toy spy lizard from that show Power Players.

I don't think that makes it less credible or that they're plagiarizing or anything, just strikes me as a fun coincidence. Both would have been developing separately before either was public-I wonder what made the connection between spies and lizards for both?
Occam's Razor... Which is more likely: Some random trollish fan made a fake guide book, including proper binding and page design, full of professional-quality artwork that perfectly emulates the official art style, and has no major "defects" aside from one strand of hair on Oleana's concept art being cut off at the end, all just to I guess get the fans worked up and excited? Or it's a real guide book that someone got their hands on a few weeks early and one of the pieces of concept art has a slightly awkward crop job, likely done to fit everything on the page nicely?
Maybe we've gotten shots of a book with proper binding since then (It's been about a day since I posted that), but at the moment, what we had was a series of blurry screenshots and various pages of dubious reputation, because we've had tons of fakes before. (Remember the peanut fly?) Occam's Razor, which is more likely-someone took the time to make another fake, like we've seen happen dozens of times before, or the strategy guide that's not supposed to be released until after the game got leaked before it and at the same time a playthrough leak surfaced? It wasn't unreasonable to be skeptical.
This is not one of those times. That time had mostly Google translated Japanese and the logos looked like edits of the Ruby and Sapphire logos. This guide is too detailed with all the Gigantamax Pokemon, the witch squid, centitapeworm, and dragonwormfruit. It would have probably taken them too long to draw everything. Also a centipede tape worm seems too complicated for a fakemon.
It doesn't have to have been drawn all at once-it could have been done in advance to be revealed later, or stolen from someone else's fan design. (We just had three fakes like this, one using Stenowatt from Uranium and the others using a Pokemon from Smogon's CAP) I do think most of these are real, but it wouldn't be hard for a fake one to get into the mix like we saw with the models being leaked. (Like, say, a fiery Machamp when no other Gigantamax changes type)
Might be real?
It's actually not a list, it looks like, because it's adding things like GMaxes for some Pokemon. But one thing it adds is Alakazam getting a Mega despite Megas being confirmed to be gone. It's a fake if it's supposed to be a leak.
If you take a look at Meowth , it's indicated that he have a Gigantamax and a cross gen evo
That was already leaked a long time ago with Affleck.
He says it's for legal reasons
That's such a lame excuse. If you broke a street date, you're already violating the terms you agree to with selling a product. Pokemon's not gonna be like "Oh you can leak it now bc it's blurry lol".
So I guess Corviknight there confirms Rillaboom and Intelleon are real?
If this was faked, it wouldn't be hard to add Corviknight into the mix. Revealed Pokemon aren't a great way of judging is something is real or not
At the risk of inciting discourse again, I've been thinking, and I've realized that the "Whipped Cream Pokemon" leak may have been real after all. That supposed pic of Eternatus the leaker posted:
  1. Is a very dark purple
  2. Is a massive humanoid
  3. Seems to have some sort of loincloth, giving caveman vibes
With all that and the Whipped Cream leaker possibly being a non-native English speaker, it could be that he really was correctly describing Eternatus, but accidentally did so in a bad way.
The leak implied was a recurring Pokemon ("exclusive to max raid battles") rather than a majorly significant one. I have a hard time believing they could have somehow encountered Eternatus and only focus on the raid battle instead of the actual significance to the encounter. There's also no sign of the Urban Area or Battle All-Stars that was promised.
The only theme we know for sure is that the Fire Starters are based on the Chinese Zodiac.
I'm a firm believer in the zodiac theory, too, but in the interest of fairness, it's definitely not a sure thing-there's been nothing officially confirmed it.
Ok... So I went to 4Chan. Seems that the person who was initially leaking the guide images got it from a contact who had access to the book. The original plan was to only send out written leaks, but the idiot decides to just upload the images instead. The images are traceable back to the initial source, so the contact withdraws and is no longer providing images or info to the leaker. Hilarity ensues.
I feel like we need to appreciate the fact that this guy was taking pics and asking someone else to just write descriptions instead of just...writing them himself.
Ehh...skeptical. This person opens up with starter evos and a Galar form already leaked by Affleck, and conveniently doesn't know any more names than Affleck already gave. And while the split evo is accurate, that description doesn't at all match the regional Meowth we got from the same source. And even though dex descriptions aren't exactly impressive poetry, "When this Pokemon runs out of sand, it becomes sad." is just. so basic.
I like this, especially those crazy arms, but that mouth does not look right. Everything else seems fine, but the outlines on that....
Oh, fun, the image has the same number of pixels as Pokemon it shows! :p
Skinny =/= anorexic, which is a serious disorder and not something to use to make fun of a design.

Everything else you're describing is literally just the concept of the Pokemon? Like, if you don't like octopi and fighting sports, you're probably not gonna like the design, but if you think it's funny making a boxer out of an animal with several arms to punch with, or you like octopi, you'll probably like the design.

People just like the way they look, because they think they're cute or cool for various reasons. Maybe they just like snakes or lizards, who knows?

But I still don't understand what is so bad about having an alleged "Western" style for some of these Pokemon?

Were you not disappointed that the starter final evos are all humanoid? Or is that something you've just grown used to?
I like two-legged starters, thanks. Easier to hug them and high five them after winning the champion title. :p

Also, people can like whatever they like without having to give you an explaination. I honestly don't get why you have such a hard time accepting that people like things you don't. Just cuz you don't like them doesn't mean they are actually terrible and awful and dumb. THey just are TO YOU. I love every single one of these guys.

The 3D model leaked designs each seem to show the possible fan creators' limitations of working with the software, the same cannot be said for the official Creatures designs which, while we have seen them for years now, are basically each incredible! It is weird that with multiple leakers there are no videos of anything yet, not even a few seconds' worth! :):)
At least one leaker is a reviewer, possibly the other too. He’s not going to jeopardize himself with videos, I think,

And he did show a shot of the water city from a different angle/position.

I really doubt they’re fake at this point, but if they are, it’s been an hell of a ride.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom