• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leak Repository Thread (WARNING: Huge spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that Sirfetch'd and others will just be normal crossgen evolutions with no gimmick related to them.
I have a feeling that there will a certain reasoning for why these were not seen before. Like we had with regional variants. And that is not a gimmick at all.

My point? I've never said region locked forms are good at all. Alolan forms aren't region locked since they are found in Kanto. And are transferrable to Bank and are available in Go indicating they are meant to be transferable.
However, you couldn't find Alola Forms in the wild and had to trade the standard form in order to get them. Also, considering Dexit, the Alola Forms may not be available in Sword & Shield.

However, you couldn't find Alola Forms in the wild and had to trade the standard form in order to get them. Also, considering Dexit, the Alola Forms may not be available in Sword & Shield.
That doesn't mean they are region locked tho?
And considering dexit there will also be many Pokémon absent from Galar Dex much less forms. So again, that doesn't indicate that Alolan forms won't be returning in other games.

My point? I've never said region locked forms are good at all. Alolan forms aren't region locked since they are found in Kanto. And are transferrable to Bank and are available in Go indicating they are meant to be transferable.
Regional-form-locked evolutions =/= region-locked evolutions.

What I meant by regional-form locked, is for example the fact that only a Galarian-form Farfetchd would be able to evolve and its regular version wouldn't be able to. As that would be the essence of a "regional evolution", I think. Which I'd find a bad thing to do.

Regional-form-locked evolutions =/= region-locked evolutions.

What I meant by regional-form locked, is for example the fact that only a Galarian-form Farfetchd would be able to evolve and its regular version wouldn't be able to. As that would be the essence of a "regional evolution", I think. Which I'd find a bad thing to do.
Okay. I get it. Also I am curious why that would be bad?

Okay. I get it. Also I am curious why that would be bad?
It would give a much-deserved power-up to a new design (which in theory could be a new Pokémon altogether, in terms of impact), instead of the original form which everyone's familiar with.

If Farfetchd gets an evolution, all Farfetchd should be eligible and it should 'fit'.

The Pokemon would be forced to rot in Home until Galar is revisited in a future game, which may not be for years or even decades.
Not necessarily. It's the same argument again. The Pokémon can be available in other regions.
It would give a much-deserved power-up to a new design (which in theory could be a new Pokémon altogether, in terms of impact), instead of the original form which everyone's familiar with.
True. But it would, despite being a regional form, be a completely different Pokémon if it has different typings and ability. That said, it would be kind of unfair for the original though.

Not necessarily. It's the same argument again. The Pokémon can be available in other regions.

True. But it would, despite being a regional form, be a completely different Pokémon if it has different typings and ability. That said, it would be kind of unfair for the original though.
Exactly my point, indeed: it would be unfair. Which would be odd, in my opinion, and not something I'd want.

One of the reasons why I hope we'll see this "Sirfetch'd" or others soon. I need to know.

Exactly my point, indeed: it would be unfair. Which would be odd, in my opinion, and not something I'd want.

One of the reasons why I hope we'll see this "Sirfetch'd" or others soon. I need to know.
Please put anything from the leak in Spoilers unless we want a week long ban.

Please put anything from the leak in Spoilers unless we want a week long ban.
glances at literal title of this thread

This is a thread about leaks. It's okay here.
In that case, I was blocked from the SwSh anime forum page for mentioning Team Yell and Marnie, and how I imagine Marnie being someone similar to Paul, but also like Rika from Digimon Tamers.

Because that one isn't for leaks.
when writing it at the time I forgot to put it in the spoilers when I should have, and it wasn't until weeks later that I was blocked. No offense, but the forum system is slow to react, and by the time they do, the writer may have changed it's views or gone on to something else, forgetting what they've just said.

Last edited:
Yea...no! Lance is already an Elite Four/Champion for Gen 1 and 2. Why does he need to become a Gym Leader in Galar?
I question the same thing and I personally don't want him to be a Gym Leader, but its happened before. Blue/Gary was the Champion in RSY, but then became the Viridian Gym Leader in GSC.

"Here's my job info just in case you want to fire me for leaking lol"

European translator claims that they're learning this from text they're translating, but they include information like Lance's entire team and which Pokemon is a pseudo. (A fact primarily determined by BST) Neither one would be referenced in-game.

"I got to see Gigantimax forms for some reason, even though it's not at all related to my job as translator. They're also telling us about promotional trailers for some reason."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom