• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leak Repository Thread (WARNING: Huge spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe you didn't get my point. They are marketing Home like a "pokemon home" trying to make things look happier to people that already call that feature pokemon prison. What I meant is that if Home is just another archive with nothing to do, it won't take much to people to start another revolution for "pokemon sequestration". Something like #freepokemon.
It's important that after all this bad comunication, they start acting like they actually care about this protest instead of litterally ignoring it. And something like "we've decided to make home a free service so you can easly bring your pokemon in Galar/Sinnoh at some point" is definitively better than "we cut pokemon and now we force you to pay to bring your pokemon in the pokemon prison".
Yeah but what I don’t understand is why people should be up in arms about Home not being free. People being upset about Dexit doesn’t mean GameFreak have to make Home be available for no cost. I haven’t even heard much speculation that it will be.

Last edited:
I was looking at the Dynamax Leak again and I dug deeper and found this post that read.

"Sorry folks, please ignore everything that I said on Thursday
My friend took my phone, my friend typed that
I'm angry and upset "

Do we know the context of this? Was the original leaker's friend out there posting the continuation of the leak and the original leaker is telling us to ignore it, or did the original leaker's friend say the continuation was all fake and the original leaker is telling us to ignore it.

I was looking at the Dynamax Leak again and I dug deeper and found this post that read.

I'm angry and upset "

Do we know the context of this? Was the original leaker's friend out there posting the continuation of the leak and the original leaker is telling us to ignore it, or did the original leaker's friend say the continuation was all fake and the original leaker is telling us to ignore it.
The first part

I'm angry and upset "

Friend posted the "continuation" and original leaker is telling us to ignore it.

Friend posted the "continuation" and original leaker is telling us to ignore it.
If that's the case, that's a huge disappointment. I was seriously hoping that part was true cause it meant 98 new Pokemon. I don't think Gigantamax really makes up for having only around 70-80 new Pokemon honestly. If they do have Galar variants, though maybe it would make up for it.

For the last time, that's not a thing.
Ken Sugimori has said that Serperior is based on French royalty, that Emboar was done in a Chinese style, and Samurott (which literally has samurai in the name) was based on samurai. Unless you somehow have more knowledge on the subject than someone involved in designing the Pokemon, it really is a thing.

If that's the case, that's a huge disappointment. I was seriously hoping that part was true cause it meant 98 new Pokemon. I don't think Gigantamax really makes up for having only around 70-80 new Pokemon honestly. If they do have Galar variants, though maybe it would make up for it.
That part of the "leak" would have also meant Gigantamax forms wasted on the Tapus, so I'm not disappointed by it being fake. We still could get 80-90 new pokemon, at least.

From what I can see in the mangled Google Translated page, it does mention that the Snivy line was based on Europe, the Tepig line in Asia and China, and Oshawott in Japan.
Yeah that's why I asked where. I also checked the japanese text and there is absolutely no フランス (furansu) in there.

Putting things together it seems like these Regional Evolutions are going to be the big new thing they're going to promote in August.

Yeah that's why I asked where. I also checked the japanese text and there is absolutely no フランス (furansu) in there.

Here's a translated article of it.

Sugimori: “Then we do another division of roles for the evolved forms. This time around — because the Unova region has a racially diverse human population — we decided to make the starter Pokémon’s evolutions symbolize the cultures of Japan, the West, and China. Snivy’s final evolution, Serperior, was designed with the concept of a European knight in mind, kind of like Lady Oscar from The Rose of Versailles. Tepig’s final evolution, Emboar, stands up on two legs and becomes humanoid, so we imagined him as Zhang Fei from the Chinese Romance of the Three Kingdoms. After we decided on the Fire and Grass types, we still had to decide on Oshawott’s evolutions — so we made them into Japanese Samurai. When we came up with the idea that Dewott can remove the shell from his stomach and use it as a weapon, we felt we’d succeeded in making him a Samurai.”

Thaaank you for the link.

Noticed this section near that one-
“We always divide the roles for the three starter Pokémon, by which I mean we assign each of them a distinct personality. For example, we make a cool one, a serious one, and a funny one. When we agreed on the concepts for Tepig and Snivy, we decided Tepig would be the funny one, and Snivy would be the cool one. So we knew Oshawott would have to be the serious one, which is how he ended up with the facial expression you see in his final design.”

First- ugh at the funny/cool/serious thing.
Second- Oshawott is the serious one... XD

But hey, all very interesting!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom