• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

leak thread

But if Birth Island is present, then Navel Rock can't be far behind.

I can see that happening only if Ho-Oh and Lugia end up being version exclusives. You get one of them via a mirage spot, and the other via Navel Rock.

Faraway Island may be on the horizon, too. But I speculate too much. It's best off not getting people's hopes too high.

It is possible. Mew is one of the few event-only Pokémon that haven't been released since Gen IV ended. If Game Freak really intends to release Mew in Gen VI, a Faraway Island event would be a really good approach.

The removal of the Game Corner post-Platinum isn't about appeasing "soccer moms", it's about abiding by EU regulations/guidelines (I can't remember which, but it's one of them).
GameFreak could have at least brought back Voltorb Flip. It would even fit the aesthetic of Mauville City and Wattson being an Electric-type Gym Leader.

True that they could have brought Voltorb Flip back, but they could have easily replaced it with an arcade of sorts rather than just taking out the concept completely because some people in Europe told them to. I mean, what's going to happen if they decide to remake the Gen 1 games again, how are they going to explain the Team Rocket Hideout without completely changing that part of the story?

I do find wasted potential here, couldn't they just make it an arcade with Pokemon themed mini-games like Pokemon-ified versions of classic arcade games or Game-and-Watch type games, because we can't just rely on Contests the Amie minigames imported from X/Y for non-battle related past-times, plus how are we going to get certain Secret Base decorations and TMs that were only available as prizes in the Mauville Game Corner, how are we going to get those?

Oh hi and welcome back, oh bane of my freaking existence. I was so hoping that I wouldn't have to be there so soon but looks like I was wrong.

Apparently you can't catch Deoxys and are forced to KO it. So much for that.

...and my interest in the Delta Episode just dropped to practically nil. Not cool, GF. Seriously not cool.

Before you ask, I'll still get the game but now I can honestly say that my interest in it has cooled quite a bit. With all the Megas revealed, the fact that we run into a Deoxys we can't catch, the fact that we can't trade items between Hoenn and Kalos has just kinda killed it for me. There's nothing left to discover and what has been discovered doesn't excite me. The only thing I want to know now is when we get Gadevoir's Mega stone, as my hubby would love that info. Other than that, I'm not quite as excited for these games as I was previously. If a couple of Megas had been held back, I'd be insanely happy but that didn't happen.

Looks like I'll be playing X a lot more now. =/

Even though we can't catch deoxys it's still pretty freaking awesome that we get to go into space and battle him, a direct reference to the rumors. Plus they actually added some plot to an event pokemon, thats new for gamefreak maybe in the future event pokemon can be more involved in the plot.

however it seems gamefreak will never loosen their grip on event pokemon

Both the Sableite and the Draco Meteor tutor are found in Sootopolis City.
Source: https://twitter.com/kristhofer/media

According to some Smogon users, it seems that the games are more streamlined this time.

- The rival transports you to Mauville after encountering Team Magma/Aqua in Meteor Falls.
- The rival transports you to Petalburg after beating Flannery.
- Wally transports you to Mauville after beating Norman.

I'm sure it's been mentioned already, but tutorable moves are found in the Battle Maison and are paid out in BP. No more shards, thank goodness.
SclD86p.jpg

Last edited:
So no Battle Frontier, but a small monument of it saying it's being built. Head to space and battle Deoxys, but can't catch it.

What the hell are GameFreak doing?!

So no Battle Frontier, but a small monument of it saying it's being built. Head to space and battle Deoxys, but can't catch it.

They are doing the most stupid thing of all time, thats what

they're teaseing us, how look the frontier is being built to bad it won't ever be built in or/as (just like the vermillion city guy who has been building his house for 3 years and still hasn't laid the foundation )

oh look deoxys to bad you can't catch it

*insert masuda troll face

Rayquaza doesn't have a Mega Stone, but it can Mega Evolve while holding other items. It needs to have Dragon Ascent in a move slot, though.

Rayquaza doesn't have a Mega Stone, but it can Mega Evolve while holding other items. It needs to have Dragon Ascent in a move slot, though.

Also the Johto starters you get from Birch have their hidden abilities.

Oh, that's good news. Any word on how Primal Reversion works?

Fuck yeah! *proceeds to spend hours trying to figure out which one I want*

Oh hi and welcome back, oh bane of my freaking existence. I was so hoping that I wouldn't have to be there so soon but looks like I was wrong.

Apparently you can't catch Deoxys and are forced to KO it. So much for that.

...and my interest in the Delta Episode just dropped to practically nil. Not cool, GF. Seriously not cool.

Before you ask, I'll still get the game but now I can honestly say that my interest in it has cooled quite a bit. With all the Megas revealed, the fact that we run into a Deoxys we can't catch, the fact that we can't trade items between Hoenn and Kalos has just kinda killed it for me. There's nothing left to discover and what has been discovered doesn't excite me. The only thing I want to know now is when we get Gadevoir's Mega stone, as my hubby would love that info. Other than that, I'm not quite as excited for these games as I was previously. If a couple of Megas had been held back, I'd be insanely happy but that didn't happen.

Looks like I'll be playing X a lot more now. =/

Even though we can't catch deoxys it's still pretty freaking awesome that we get to go into space and battle him, a direct reference to the rumors. Plus they actually added some plot to an event pokemon, thats new for gamefreak maybe in the future event pokemon can be more involved in the plot.

however it seems gamefreak will never loosen their grip on event pokemon

Game Freak doesn't like changing their traditions, which is kind of hypocritical when you consider the fact that they've retconed an entire generation to being about Mega Evolutions, but it's unlikely they will ever let an event Pokemon be obtained through normal means.

Both the Sableite and the Draco Meteor tutor are found in Sootopolis City.
Source: https://twitter.com/kristhofer/media

According to some Smogon users, it seems that the games are more streamlined this time.

- The rival transports you to Mauville after encountering Team Magma/Aqua in Meteor Falls.

I'm sure it's been mentioned already, but tutorable moves are found in the Battle Maison and are paid out in BP. No more shards, thank goodness.
SclD86p.jpg

In other words, things have been simplified rather than people having to go back through older areas, which made things more enjoyable because you felt like you were actually making progress, rather than simply just being transported there. That kind of kills the point of making the game fun is going back through old areas and seeing new things that you didn't see before the first time.

Please disregard the "Johto starter having hidden ability" info. That is not confirmed yet.

You obtain the Steelixite in some cave located near Fortree City; link to image is below.

Oh, that's good news. Any word on how Primal Reversion works?

Fuck yeah! *proceeds to spend hours trying to figure out which one I want*

According to the Project Pokemon data mine, Primal Reversion happens automatically once Groudon or Kyogre (holding its respective orb) is switched out into battle.

You can Primal Revert both Groudon and Kyogre, and Mega Evolve another Pokémon in the same battle.

[video=youtube;gbt-u67g1Fc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbt-u67g1Fc[/video]

Last edited:

SclD86p.jpg

Man... part of the fun in Hoenn was the exploration and the backtracking. We finally get to play through a region that's nonlinear again, and then THEY GO AHEAD AND MAKE IT LINEAR ARGHHH

Well I'm glad I don't play Ubers.

You obtain the Steelixite in some cave located near Fortree City; link to image is below.

Thankfully not exclusive to the Japanese then. Didn't think it would be, but it's good to have confirmation.

Man... part of the fun in Hoenn was the exploration and the backtracking. We finally get to play through a region that's nonlinear again, and then THEY GO AHEAD AND MAKE IT LINEAR ARGHHH

Agreed, and it just makes the game less fun, are they trying to make the game more like the anime in which they almost never revisit past locations? I hate how the newer games are so linear anymore, it makes the franchise too "simple" rather than being something more, since they're just simplifying travel now. Is it because they think kids are too stupid to know where to go that the game has to do it for them now? Because I find that dumb.

Agreed, and it just makes the game less fun, are they trying to make the game more like the anime in which they almost never revisit past locations? I hate how the newer games are so linear anymore, it makes the franchise too "simple" rather than being something more, since they're just simplifying travel now. Is it because they think kids are too stupid to know where to go that the game has to do it for them now? Because I find that dumb.

Its extremly dumb, and misguided.

When the originals came out I was a kid and I got through there did I not gamefreak? so what makes them think that this current generation is 10 times more retarded then my generation that they can't even back track in one of the most simple games to travel in

I have only one thing to say to Nintendo :bash:
giphy.gif

*game freak

I'm not really bothered by any of the, er...liberties they've taken from the original games tbh. deoxys though uggggggh

I kind of am a bit, since FR/LG and HG/SS at least kept the same spirit as the originals, when these games have been altered too much, by adding in Mega Evolutions and rewriting the stories to being about them, taking out the Game Corner and the Battle Frontier while copypasting the Battle Maison from X/Y, having you be transported to Petalburg after beating Lavaridge gym, and then being taken back to Mauville, and of course, the whole thing with Deoxys. It just feels like they're changing too much that it seems like I'm not even playing the same game anymore.

I apologize if I sound like I'm complaining in any sense, but that's just how I feel about these games sometimes.

Its extremly dumb, and misguided.

When the originals came out I was a kid and I got through there did I not gamefreak? so what makes them think that this current generation is 10 times more retarded then my generation that they can't even back track in one of the most simple games to travel in

Agreed, since Ruby was one of my first Pokemon games, and while at some points I got lost, I enjoyed going back through older areas rather than just being teleported to where I need to go, and having the game just teleport me to where I need to go just makes the game feel more linear and dumbed down, like a child who has to be carried around by their parent all the time, and it makes things feel more "cheap" in my opinion.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom