• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Legendary Pokemon you've caught without Master Balls

All in emerald that i could get (no event ones) All in platinum apart from Moltres and just kyreum in white

It depends for me, if my team is underleveled I tend to throw the Master Ball. :p
Ruby: Regirock, Regice, Registeel, Rayquaza
Sapphire: Latias (thank you, lv. 28 Wobuffet! :p)
FireRed: Moltres, Zapdos
White: Zekrom (Used a Quick Ball! Yay!) Cobalion, Terrakion, Virizion, Thunderus

Your Pokeball's that you use when catching a Legendary Pokemon

Feel free to share your funny moments when catching Legendary Pokemon here!

I like to mess around a bit and use stupid Pokeballs that I shouldn't, like I caught Regirock in a PokeBall XD and when I was in a battle with Kyorgre AND also Groudon, My Level 71 Rayquaza was tanking every attack so much that to a point they were using Struggle (I did save before going into the Marine and other cave that has Kyogre and Groudon in them in Emerald), and they were using struggle because I was using stupid Pokeballs I shouldn't and I was pretty much stalling. And in Emerald, I bought like 99 Pokeballs so I would never run out and I could say I CAUGHT A LEGENDARY POKEMON IN A POKEBALL!!!! and also, 99 PokeBalls cost about 20,000 PokeDollars.

Re: Your Pokeball's that you use when catching a Legendary Pokemon

I always generally use Master Balls since it's easier xDD but sometimes I'll just throw like Luxury Balls and Dusk Balls just for the hell of it.

I always generally use Master Balls since it's easier

I will use a Master Ball if I find a Legendary Pokemon that's Shiny..or if its an really annoying roaming Legendary.

Here's what my reaction would be if I found a Shiny Rayquaza:

Wild Rayquaza appeared!
*sparkling animation; alternet color*
*screams*
OMFG A SHINY RAYQUAZA (Rayquaza's Shiny forme is my favorite out of all shiny formes of Pokemon I have seen)!!! SCREW SAVING MY MASTER BALL FOR LATIOS!!!
*throws master ball*

Feel free to share your funny moments when catching Legendary Pokemon here!

I like to mess around a bit and use stupid Pokeballs that I shouldn't, like I caught Regirock in a PokeBall XD and when I was in a battle with Kyorgre AND also Groudon, My Level 71 Rayquaza was tanking every attack so much that to a point they were using Struggle (I did save before going into the Marine and other cave that has Kyogre and Groudon in them in Emerald), and they were using struggle because I was using stupid Pokeballs I shouldn't and I was pretty much stalling. And in Emerald, I bought like 99 Pokeballs so I would never run out and I could say I CAUGHT A LEGENDARY POKEMON IN A POKEBALL!!!! and also, 99 PokeBalls cost about 20,000 PokeDollars.

Aw come on. It's not that much of a big deal. I caught all Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, Mewtwo, Lugia, Ho-Oh, Latias, Reshiram, Kyurem, Tornadus, Virizion, Cobalion and Terrakion in Poké Balls. It looks more in order that way.

I CAUGHT A LEGENDARY POKEMON IN A POKEBALL!!!!

That makes both of us...

After using up my whole stock of Ultra and Dusk Balls on a sleeping Kyurem with what looked like 1HP left, I threw a Pokeball, which worked...

Yeah, I normally use Ultra or Dusk, depending on the location or time. For heavily damaged roamers, it's a Quick Ball. Caught Raikou in one shot with that.

For heavily damaged roamers, it's a Quick Ball. Caught Raikou in one shot with that.

One time...I was trying to get back to Olivine city using the bike..then it happened. My Pokemon were in the level 20's, and I found a Raikou. It wasn't Shiny, but it was a really stupidly funny moment for me.

One time, when I was in a battle with Groudon, and like I said, my Rayquaza was tanking, and it most of the fights spammed Solar Beam, even though I quad-resist it ._. Weird AI (eh, the AI's not that good, nor fair, in older Pokemon games anyways, and I say it is not fair is because when I switched out after the AI used swagger on me, IT USED SWAGGER THE SAME TURN I SWITCHED OUT!!!).

Last edited:

One time...I was trying to get back to Olivine city using the bike..then it happened. My Pokemon were in the level 20's, and I found a Raikou. It wasn't Shiny, but it was a really stupidly funny moment for me.

One time, when I was in a battle with Groudon, and like I said, my Rayquaza was tanking, and it most of the fights spammed Solar Beam, even though I quad-resist it ._. Weird AI (eh, the AI's not that good, nor fair, in older Pokemon games anyways, and I say it is not fair is because when I switched out after the AI used swagger on me, IT USED SWAGGER THE SAME TURN I SWITCHED OUT!!!).

So Raikou shows up, you throw a Quick Ball and it worked right off the bat? Nice throw.

That was some odd stuff going on with Groudon there...

There was an awkward scene that happened with Entei in SoulSilver. I run across Entei, put it to sleep, and it still flees. Not knowing they could do that at the time, I was stunned. For about an hour I imagined Entei sleepdashing throughout the Johto region, colliding into virtually everything...

Timer Ball, mostly.

I decrease as much HP as I can, afflict them with a sleep/paralyze status and then let Timer Ball do the rest.

I remember it taking a year for me to catch Giratina. One day, I got so pissed, I bought 50 dusk balls, put giratina down to reaaallly low health and put it to sleep, and 40 dusk balls later...

It struggled.

When I FINALLY caught Giratina, a while later, I was cheering and going crazy cuz omigoshifinallycaughtgiratina, and I was cursing at Giratina (TAKE THAT MUTHAFUKUH!!) because I spent way to long trying to catch it.

I really don't use the Master Ball at all and save it for Shiny Pokémon who know moves like Roar or Whirlwind. I usually catch legendary Pokémon with Ultra Balls or Timer Balls, though I have caught a Latios in Emerald with a Dive Ball, and in Ruby, I caught Rayquaza with a Pokéball.

Hmm, let's see...

-Crystal Suicune in a Great Ball
-Kyogre in a Nest Ball
-Registeel in a Poke Ball
-Uxie and Azelf in Poke Balls
-HGSS Suicune in a Poke Ball
-Kyurem in a Quick Ball

i havnt used a masterball on any capture yet. i have ocd and cant bring my self to use them cause you never know when you might need it lol... but i am about to use a master ball on my darkrai in platinum because im going for high speed and special attack and the right natures and its just saving me time to keep using the master ball and resetting until im happy. once i have the darkrai and regigigas ill end up restarting platinum

I have bad luck with catching legendary Pokemon so I always use my Master Ball, however I did manage to catch Giratina once with a Dusk Ball in Diamond.

I've caught all of the legendaries in Black, HeartGold, and Platinum (as well as various ones in other games) in Ultra Balls. The only time I've ever used a Master Ball was in my first ever playthrough, with Ho-Oh.

I'd agree with the Timer Ball strategy. It's worked wonders for me before, though I dislike the animation when you send them out. My latest non-Masterball Legendaries were on XD. Somehow I managed to snag Moltres, Articuno and Zapdos without using more than 5 Ultra Balls altogether. Moltres was the hardest one, but a few False Swipes/Shadow Balls and a Thunder Wave had them in the bag.

Usually try to save my master balls for the roamers. The quickball is usefull. I caught Reshiram in one. :p

I don't use master balls. Personally, I only ever use Pokéballs, or Premier Balls. But sometimes, if its getting ridiculous, I'll use a Timer Ball

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom