• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Life's Little Pleasures

-The sea, the rolling beauty that can wash away all of your worries and cares
-Chocolate
-Voss water. What is it about that water that makes you feel so happy...?

Being able to watch mild weather occurrences (eg. fog, rain, snow) when you don't have to drive through or go out in them. A bonus for the ones that occur during colder times of the year: being able to watch said occurrences while bundled up in a warm blanket near a fire place, snipping your hot beverage of choice, with a furry pet on your lap.

I always love slow days like that during the winter months.

When you first go outside during the early morning. The sounds and air of that are magical to me.

Good food.
Good music.
Meeting new friends.
Falling in love.
Laughing with friends, having a good time, going out somewhere fun.

Rolling into bed after stuffing yourself with your favorite meal from one of your favorite restaurants.

The perfect portion size of something tasty at a newly discovered restaurant.
Putting on a fresh, brand new pair of socks.

Coming home from a long day at work and sitting on the balcony with a beer. Now that's what I call relaxation.

Coming home after a long day, sitting back with a drink, on a Friday afternoon. That sense of relief because the day is over.

This comic pretty much sums it up.

ch930524.gif

Attachments

• ch930524.gif
    ch930524.gif
    15.4 KB · Views: 62
Smell of a new book
Smell of freshly printed paper
Smell of a new game (especially the manual)
When my family is together so I don't have to worry about their safety

Pranking a person who doesn't know a thing.
Talks to myself in case I'm bored (No I'm not crazy.)

And,
When everyone in my house is gone, I turned up the music with max volume.

Last edited by a moderator:
- Spending time/playing with animals. This is a necessity for my sanity actually.
- Walks in the nature, preferably somewhere with no or little human touch. Sensing the nature around me with all senses.
- Drawing, role-playing or any free form of self-expression; it always relieves stress.
- Daydreaming or creative thinking! Or applying my dark sense of humor into things.
- Doing anything that really interests me or planning how to achieve something great through them!
- Having time to exercise with a punching bag (or with like-minded people). Martial arts!
- Competing playfully about random/funny/stupid stuff (with animals or like-minded people).
- Quiet time with no interruptions or stupid surprises.
- Doing anything inspirational, playing video-games etc.
- Riding and fishing during summer holidays. Summer cottage, too!
- Hearing how I look like a military guy - I don't put much effort into how I look, so it's awesome. :D
- Understanding that my life really matters.
- Learning something new (myself or through life-lessons) that really advances me.
- Success after a difficult task I put effort in or after a long-time process!
- Surprisingly succeeding in something when I didn't even try.
- Realizing how much unnecessary worries there are and laughing at their faces before throwing them away from my head.

And in addition to my list, the fifth point from the comic that Pinball Wizard posted. :)

Edit: Summer rains, btw!!

Last edited:
Taking the plastic off a new game
Starting a new book
Smell of freshly baked bread
Pets yawning

Enjoying a new album from the first minute in.
Finding something you thought'd be expensive, but could purchase cheaply
New car smell
Knocking on a solid piece of wood.

-Chillin with a drink or 5 of an afternoon.
-Walking around naked in my own home (it's a comfort thing not a sexual thing)
-Getting asked for ID even though i'm nearly 30 (and have visible tattoos)
-The smell of baking bread (and having houmous to dip that bread into)
-The smell of the salt & vinegar when passing a chip shop
-Buying a game/film and finding out it is as good as you hoped

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom