• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Locked thread cleanup.

Pure Flying?

• Yes, definitly!

Votes: 5 83.3%
  • No way!

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Should the Gen 5 games come with the Pokewalker?

The thing that strikes me as the oddest thing about the Pokewalker is that, despite the obvious exercise message, the entire marketing strategy for it, at least here in the States, is that YOU CAN TAKE YOUR POKEMON WITH YOU! YAY!

Except that these games are on handhelds. You can take them with you already.

I say yes, the pokewalker gets me going out more too and even staying out longer. I took a ball to the park the other day and played for about five hours kicking it around, I got up to 15k steps. Just make sure that it's different to the SS/HG so we don't get confused with the two.

Btw how do you put the pokwalker on that clip that can go on your belt? Do you need to take a screw out or something? I tried fitting mine in but it doesn't want to go in and I don't want to force it.

Btw how do you put the pokwalker on that clip that can go on your belt? Do you need to take a screw out or something? I tried fitting mine in but it doesn't want to go in and I don't want to force it.

Yeah you gotta take it out, switch the back with the clip, and screw it back on again...

I'd want it back, but then don't they have to create a new one, one that contains all the new pokémons? If so, then it would be a bit annoying to have 2 pokéwalkers.

I already have 2, it's not really a pain (though apparently it reads differently on different parts of my hips as my steps can be, like, 700 steps off sometimes). I'd actually feel pretty cool with 4 clipped to my belt. Just two more and I'd have a full party! 8D

Honestly, I don't care if they stay or go. I like the pokéwalkers cause I use them quite a bit, thanks to all the walking I have to do to get to class, but it doesn't really matter to me if they stay or go.

I love the walker. I hope it returns.

The graphics on the pokewalker are great compared to other devices like it. Just look at the tamgotchi, that'd cost you £12 and the graphics are god damn awful

Well, they might have their own kind of thing, but they probably won't connect with the current one, due to it using the sprites of and only having the pokemon up to Gen IV.

However, I think they should have a slightly more interactive type thing, with better battling, and maybe that can be set up so when you move you encounter wild pokemon.

What I would really enjoy is if they made a little device that was about as advanced as the Gen I or the TCG and let you play with that. Let you explore the area a little, and fight pokemon like that.

if the include the pokewalker then they would almost be forced to include some sort of "walking with your pokemon". I love that is SS/HG.

I think that the first GEN V games might not have either pokewalker nor the walk with pokemon feature. I think they will include that in the 3DS version Pokemon Gray.

Could all that fit into a DS card? The graphics seem to be better then HG /SS and those I think pushed the DS to near its limits.

How much space can a DS card fit? what did HG/SS take?

I hope someone can answer these questions.

If they include it, at least make it more like the day care, able to learn new moves and gain more than just one level.

I hope they don't bring it back.

If they include it, at least make it more like the day care, able to learn new moves and gain more than just one level.

Heck no. The learning moves I didn't want them to is what I hated about the day care. If you want moves, level them up the normal way or use the move relearner.

I really adore the Pokewalker. Getting it blacklit with some extra games would be nice.

They should just be interactive with the PokeWalker that comes with HeartGold & SoulSilver.

Heck no. The learning moves I didn't want them to is what I hated about the day care. If you want moves, level them up the normal way or use the move relearner.

Well, then just take that part out. Allow more than one level though.

i'd prefer it to be able to connect to the gen 5 games, but not come with it
the walker added about 10 bucks to the price, i don't want to pay again

or we can hope it asks us the moves that it learns when transferred back to the ds, like when you level up in game.

i'd prefer it to be able to connect to the gen 5 games, but not come with it
the walker added about 10 bucks to the price, i don't want to pay again

Actually, the suggested retail price for previous main-series Pokemon games was$35$.

The PokeWalker only adds 5$ to the price, and if compared to Square's moneymilking games like the 40$ PORT of Chrono Trigger to the DS, 0$.

But yeah, the only increase in price from previous games was 5$.

And in Japan and Europe, there was no increase. Sure, it was £33 in Europe...but all new DS games are expensive here...

if the include the pokewalker then they would almost be forced to include some sort of "walking with your pokemon". I love that is SS/HG.

I think that the first GEN V games might not have either pokewalker nor the walk with pokemon feature. I think they will include that in the 3DS version Pokemon Gray.

Could all that fit into a DS card? The graphics seem to be better then HG /SS and those I think pushed the DS to near its limits.

How much space can a DS card fit? what did HG/SS take?

I hope someone can answer these questions.

Please, repeat after me: POKÉMON HGSS ONLY USED 1/4 OF A DS CARD'S TOTAL SPACE AND IT DIDN'T PUSH THE SYSTEM TO ITS LIMITS.

Thanks. Now that we've learned that, it's logical to assume Gen V could handle it.

Personally, I love the Poke Walker, but I don't think Nintendo will do that again. It was nothing more than an extra gift to market the remakes, just like Emerald didn't come out with the Wireless adapter included despite being compatible with it. HGSS was a special case. BW might come with some other gimmick included as a gift, but I don't believe it would be the PW, even when I wish it'll come back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom