• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Looks like Brock returns for D/P

It is satutory rape age is 16. So a 16 year can't go for a 10 year old. And in case you didn't notice, was trying pathetically to be funny.

Off Topic: Is it just me or has "Not so fast X! Y is serious business!" become the latest sig fad?

Actually, Brock is 15. I remember hearing that the writers of the show stated that the characters never age.

Still, whether he be 15 or 16, how would it be statutory rape? A minor commiting statutory rape sounds like an oxymoron if ever I've heard one. I'm NOT saying that it would be an okay thing, for a 15 year old to look at a 10 year old that way. What I'm saying is that they're both minors, so I'm not sure how it could be considered statutory rape. Though, it does make me wonder about a unique situation of if a person is 18 and is with a person who is a day younger... would that mean that person is off-limits for 24 hours? Well... actually, that's off-topic, so I'll just stop there.

I think it's cool that Brock's coming back, I just hope he'll be able to actually be romantically successful this time. After a while, it's like the writers derive some sort of pleasure from seeing Brock miserable or something. I'm not upset that Brock is back... what I am upset about, though, is that Jessie and James are back. Their antics got old many seasons ago.

As for Brock's new outfit... it's alright, but it slapped me in the face when I first saw it, quite honestly.

The American staff stated that they never age, but the Japanese staff have never said anything to that effect. Hell, the Japanese staff have been perfectly fine showing the passage of years with occasional lines and scenes in the show, not to mention through character development where we've seen they're noticably more mature now than they once were (noticably, though not necessarily greatly).

It's true that they acknowledge that a lot of time passes by, but the same can be said of lots of other anime, and yet in those other anime it's also made clear that the characters are the same age begining to end. To be honest, there's not that many anime that actually age characters. Besides that, if the characters in Pokémon are truly aging, then why doesn't it show, physically? Why does Ash still look like he's 10 years old? You'd think that after this many seasons he'd have aged to maybe 16 or 17, if the characters were aging. But, I don't wanna get stuck on this, because it is rather off-topic... but, ya.

I've heard that in AG191, Max says he's going back to Hoenn to pick up his first Pokemon and start his journey. If that's true, then it proves that the characters age. But nobody's confirmed it, so it might not be.

Maybe it's just me, but Ash, Misty and Brock looked a little older at the start of AG, imo. Ash is taller than May by a few centimetres, and on the DP poster, he's quite noticeably taller than Hikari. In the Battle Frontier, May is also taller and older-looking than some of the younger trainers like Wakana and (I think) the girl with Absol in the May VS Brock contest episode.

Just look at Brock's siblings. The little ones would be much older by now if aging happened. I happen to like that they show the increase in maturity without hints at an increase in age. It keeps things focused to the story.

Also, May's breast would of been at Eiken-proportions now as well, since she IS in the development stage.

Oh yeah, forgot about Brock's sibs.

So... I guess this means Brock's still underage. :(

Sucks even more for May-fanboys, of course. :D

For any reference, Nicolette (Shiromi) was shorter than May in today's episode. And she was around 10.

I know, but obviously not all ten years olds are the same height....0.0

What about the japanese wesite that said "May is the same age as Ash" back when AG first started? I think it may have been the official website for the show. Wouldn't that prove that the characters don't age?

Please note: The thread is from 18 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom