• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview M20: I Choose You!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was that BGM from the BW clip ever released officially?

So...with the release of ultra sun and ultra moon today, it's 100% confirmed that they're not going to be doing Gen 4 remakes THIS generation.

So tell me, what was the point of making a dawn knock-off and giving her a piplup again?

Also, have they even released any plot-relevant stuff yet?

The point of the anniversary was to celebrate the anime 20th anniversary this year like how the Generation 1 games were released on VC last year as well as Red and Blue being in Sun and Moon being for the games 20th anniversary, no matter how much you don't think its a proper celebration because of certain characters missing does not mean that wasn't the original intent for this movie.

The point of the anniversary was to celebrate the anime 20th anniversary this year like how the Generation 1 games were released on VC last year as well as Red and Blue being in Sun and Moon being for the games 20th anniversary, no matter how much you don't think its a proper celebration because of certain characters missing does not mean that wasn't the original intent for this movie.
What are they celebrating? How can you celebrate the 20th anniversary when you leave out most of the characters that will make it special. That argument doesn't hold water

Clearly they were celebrated Ash's and Pikachu's 20 years together by giving an alternate version of them meeting up and going after Ho-oh which they both hold a special connection to when they saw it together.

Clearly they were celebrated Ash's and Pikachu's 20 years together by giving an alternate version of them meeting up and going after Ho-oh which they both hold a special connection to when they saw it together.
That doesn't make any sense. WHY do they need to make an alternate version?
Or better yet, if you are going to make an alternate version, why change it this drastically?

You could've just as easily kept the same characters in there, but just had ash catch different pokemon. Or maybe have him battle misty and brock except this time they don't travel with him. That way, they're still in the movie which will make everybody happy, they just won't play a big role in it.

This movie is pointless dude, you can like it and enjoy it all you want that's fine, but it doesn't take away from it being pointless

They probably have an alternate version to feature Ho-Oh because it hasn't had a prominent appearance in the anime or movie yet it is important for Ash and Marshadow because Gen VII tie in.

Also I'm not sure how it wasn't made obvious how the anime doesn't care about the past companions considering they haven't been seen or even mentioned in years and disappear off the face off the earth and Ash's memory once they have had they obligatory return/special

A sequel about Ho-Oh would have worked just as well for Ho-Oh, and it would have been better in general than a massive retcon. It would have simply started with a flashback.

You could've just as easily kept the same characters in there, but just had ash catch different pokemon. Or maybe have him battle misty and brock except this time they don't travel with him. That way, they're still in the movie which will make everybody happy, they just won't play a big role in it.

Oh, trust me. There would have been complaints even if we got Misty and Brock back. Fans are very quick to nitpick even the littlest detail and flaw that taints their precious nostalgia-filled memories.

Besides, we still don't know for sure that Misty and Brock won't appear at all. They may probably have a very minor role, but that still doesn't exclude the possibility of a cameo for them with different roles.

…But admittedly this lack of information is starting to become really frustrating, since we are now very close to the broadcast date and we still know very little about the movie. I hope that Coro Coro will reveal something, because the hype is dying quickly even among the supporters of this movie.

They probably have an alternate version to feature Ho-Oh because it hasn't had a prominent appearance in the anime or movie yet it is important for Ash and Marshadow because Gen VII tie in.

Also I'm not sure how it wasn't made obvious how the anime doesn't care about the past companions considering they haven't been seen or even mentioned in years and disappear off the face off the earth and Ash's memory once they have had they obligatory return/special
Dude! This is the 20th anniversary!! If there is any reason at all to bring back misty and brock this is it.

I'm tired of the argument "Well, pokemon doesn't really care about it's characters anyway,so it doesn't matter". If you really want to tug at the heartstrings, bring the nostalgia back, and maybe make more revenue in the box office, the smartest thing to do was include misty and brock.

Since they don't care about older characters and older fans, there's no need to celebrate the 20th anniversary if it isn't to promote a new game. They could have set a movie in Alola and kept ignoring Ho-Oh (which isn't used to promote some game).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom