• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview M21: Everyone's Story

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pretty sure this was pointed out before, but I think it might be worth bringing up again. The new girl's hair and Blacephalon have very similar color schemes.

250px-806Blacephalon.png

m21background.png

It's not exactly the same shade of yellow, but the teal and pink are almost exactly the same. Given how Iwane's art emphasizes the arm of an unseen person holding a Pokeball just like the movie poster did... well, I'm not yet convinced (why isn't it a Beast Ball?) but I'm certainly intrigued.

Well, the movie taking place in Johto and/or drawing inspiration from the second generation would make sense, especially if the M20 timeline is mostly parallel to the series’s timeline. So, just like Ash visited the Orange Islands and Johto after exploring Kanto, M20 Ash may travel to Johto after his experience with Ho-Oh.

If that’s the case, I wonder which Pokémon he will get during this movie. Perhaps he will actually raise and evolve a Totodile, as a nod to the “foreshadowing” from the original series? It would be kind of cool to see Ash with a Feraligatr.

It would be pretty cool to see Ash with a full team in the movie. I can understand why they didn't give him more Pokemon for the previous movie, but it did seem odd that he seemingly only caught a Caterpie and Charmander during his adventures. Combining Kanto and Johto Pokemon for a full team would be pretty neat.

They will not redo all the gym battles and the league (I'm pretty sure they only redid Erika's battle in M20, but I'm not sure).
not all, but showcase some moments of them better, make shor but good 15 minutes of battles in the movies. 3 minutes for a every gym, 1 minut for every pokemon vs pokemon.

not all, but showcase some moments of them better, make shor but good 15 minutes of battles in the movies. 3 minutes for a every gym, 1 minut for every pokemon vs pokemon.

The movies already have plenty to show. M20 reviews said that everything is stuffed in (I cannot verify since I haven’t watched it yet) and it could do with more time. So showcasing 5 gym battles is infeasilble when you can develop the companions, rivals or the villain, or the legendary.

The movies already have plenty to show. M20 reviews said that everything is stuffed in (I cannot verify since I haven’t watched it yet) and it could do with more time. So showcasing 5 gym battles is infeasilble when you can develop the companions, rivals or the villain, or the legendary.
what a pitty that amount of time is the greatest problem, to show all in the right manner, but as a small child I liked more the action then the character development... especially in the movies, the series was more for it.

While I'm still confused how Ash could have gotten three badges with just two Pokemon, I didn't really have a problem with the lack of Gym battles. Sure, it would have been interesting to see him meeting some of the Gym Leaders, especially when meeting Misty and Brock might have reduced some of the backlash the movie got from fans who wanted them in the movie, but it wouldn't have mattered to the overall plot of the movie. It was basically to show what Ash was doing on his journey before he started to go after Ho-Oh. They don't need to devote time to the Gym battles when they can use that time to flesh out the characters and/or storyline of the movie instead.

Omode

No, I don't believe we do. If it's been released, it hasn't been widely mentioned.

I feel like it would have been a combination of that Pokemopolis episode and that Johto episode where the kids and the Rockets chase down that out of control mecha with Lugia-level animation tbh

Speaking of the Rockets pls make them pretty again in this film 2k18 it's been like 10 years

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom