• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Mafia Wars: The Scum Menace - Endgame - Town/Independent Win

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Mafia Wars: The Scum Menace - Day 4 - All according to plan? [6-29-13]

I have one more thing to add to those conditions Phoenicks. If Harpy steals another role without full town approval we lynch her. This game is going to get too dangerous with everyone permanently losing their roles in the town.

I have one more thing to add to those conditions Phoenicks. If Harpy steals another role without full town approval we lynch her. This game is going to get too dangerous with everyone permanently losing their roles in the town.

Here's a plan: just lynch her.

I know Harpy is acting anti-town, but she's Indep - she has no reason to completely abide by town rules or mafia rules. She has her own win condition and her own reasons for using her ability. It only makes sense that the ability won't be helpful to both town and mafia. Why? Because she is allied with herself and nobody else. I never heard of any rules saying Indeps must cooperate with town or mafia. Even if she did cooperate with town for a bit and sided with mafia later, that isn't betrayal because she was on nobody's side to begin with. Threaten her with lynches and kills, but she is not town and there's no reason to blame her for being anti-town.

I'd say we have better things to do than getting worked up over an Indep who will be anti-town and anti-mafia for the rest of the game. Are we going to lynch Oswin or not?

I think if we don't have a better lynch target in the next day phase I think Harpy is of course the best target because even with this bargaining that's going on, she's extremely dangerous with a vigkill. Besides, I'm not sure if we can trust her to not steal any more abilities and frankly we don't want the town crippled by another power role losing their ability. If we didn't have almost-confirmed scum right in front of us I wouldn't hesitate in lynching her today, but obviously the best course of action for today is Oswin.

Last edited:

@jda95; I would be an idiot to go using it since using it would get me lynched and thus cost me my win.

So tonight I'm vigkilling Oswin? Also what if I get blocked somehow like I did night two with Buoy? Are you guys going to lynch me anyways or actually believe me on the off chance it happens? If not then its best to have Hitomi on me to prove if it does happen please. I hope it doesn't but just on the off chance.

I have no idea, I just got this message:

your action cannot be performed

Then you were either Roleblocked, or something else happened.

@HumanDawn; I did explain that but I will repeat. For Phoenicks ability I was told that I only had it for that day and for the vig kill I wasn't told when it disappears but when I asked the hosts about my ability before I used it at all I was told I kept an ability till I use it. Honestly I don't know when the vig kill will disappear.

Alright, thanks for clarifying.

@jda95; I would be an idiot to go using it since using it would get me lynched and thus cost me my win.

So tonight I'm vigkilling Oswin? Also what if I get blocked somehow like I did night two with Buoy? Are you guys going to lynch me anyways or actually believe me on the off chance it happens? If not then its best to have Hitomi on me to prove if it does happen please. I hope it doesn't but just on the off chance.

So, did you get a message that you were unable to perform your action like Hitomi then?

Okay, Harpy, I'll give it a shot. I'm really new to this, so sorry if my logic falls flat.

Okay, well, Froakie seems a bit mysterious, asking questions but not being asked anything. Perhaps somebody knows something about him? Either way, I think it's time to start the questioning a bit.. Hey @Froakie; you only seem to be the logical guy. Could you give a reason for all of this? And you say Harpy isn't protown, but are YOU?

Hitomi, you haven't posted recently. Why've you been out for more than a day? So you claim rolecop? Interesting. If we're really looking out, then you MAW check Harpy to be safe. The Man in Black seems mafia, but he might be independent. Or fake claiming... You can check to see if we can trust him. You down?

Phoenicks, you're on my 'safe' list. You seem to check out all around. But sometimes there's such a thing as too good....

jda95, more posting please, and you pass off here.

HumanDawn, you look like town to me too. You seem to make the best choices for the town, soo, yeah.

Dark Kyriaki, patience. We'll lynch her if she disobeys us. Or tomorrow. Whichever one fits. But, I think it's gonna be tomorrow either way, because we probably'll lynch her for safety reasons.

Oswin, sorry. I'm going with the bandwagon here, you probably are, and even if you're not you're too far gone (well, everyone else in their intent of vig killing you.)

Okay, that's my thoughts. So, again, who are we lynching today? Oswin, no, because of his blocking, and Harpy, no, because of her vigkill ability.

Okay, well, Froakie seems a bit mysterious, asking questions but not being asked anything. Perhaps somebody knows something about him? Either way, I think it's time to start the questioning a bit.. Hey @Froakie; you only seem to be the logical guy. Could you give a reason for all of this? And you say Harpy isn't protown, but are YOU?

A reason for what exactly?

I don't know if I am pro-town, that's not up for my judgement it's for others to pin that label onto me. I'm playing as a pro-town contributor to the best of my ability, considering I am town, but other people have to make their minds up about me.

Sorry, I am new here. Just seems you aren't really making any claims.

@Miss Mew; Um I think you are confused. 1) Hitomi never claimed rolecop. No one did that would be suicide. Also people have outside lives and can't get online every day 2) Dark Kyriaki is one of the only ones not trying to lynch me every five seconds and is calm 3) Why do Human and Phoenicks seems town to you? Just saying that Human makes the best choices for the town tells nothing especially when finding mafia is a group effort and saying it in that way makes it sound like follow the leader.

@HumanDawn; No it just said "it didn't work" and that I have two more of my ability

Alright, I think a claim from me might help.

My ability is that with my invisibility cloak, every night, I can make somebody be protected from all night actions, excluding Nightkills. The only times I think it was used is last Night Phase because the QT was empty other than Paperhorse's post, which I used on Nytie to protect her from getting Roleblocked. It's possible that Hitomi couldn't perform her action on Nytie because she couldn't "watch" somebody who "isn't there". If you're saying the truth, then, it's incredibly likely that you were in fact Roleblocked Night 2, meaning Nytie couldn't have been Roleblocked Night 2 at all. With my ability, I can use it on Harpy to prevent her from being Roleblocked, and thus get her vigilante kill through. The Mafia should only be able to to Roleblock one player, so if they Roleblock me to prevent my action, then they wouldn't be able to block the vigilante kill.

Here's my post in the QT:

Human
06-29-2013
02:19 PM ET (US)
EDIT
DELETE
Night 3:

Give invisibility cloak to: Nytie

damn now i'm naked

I've also been thinking about who could be permanently taking away people's abilities if it isn't Harpy, and the only character that comes to mind is Amon, a villain, from The Legend Of Korra. The War Room staff once themed it, and I'm sure Paperhorse, Zenax and Parma have seen it, so it's not a stretch to think that they put him in. Plus, DrumBeats used him in his LoK Mafia with the ability to permanently take away abilities from two players, and in this game, two players have claimed of having their abilities permanently taken away too. Additionally, I think a certain character(I'm not going to say who due to spoilers.) from LoK that can restore the powers taken away by Amon could also be in the game aligned with the Heroes. If Amon really is in the game with the role, then Phoenicks and Miss Mew are basically cleared. As to why Amon might have taken their abilities away, it could be that Phoenicks's role was taken away to frame Harpy, and Miss Mew's because they knew about her Vigilante powers through a Role Cop check.

I have more to say but I gotta go.

Ugh, I KNOW I'm confused, because I am. This is my first mafia. DEAR ARCEUS JUST HELP ME. (Facepalms) This is why I'd rather host...

I've also been thinking about who could be permanently taking away people's abilities if it isn't Harpy, and the only character that comes to mind is Amon, a villain, from The Legend Of Korra. The War Room staff once themed it, and I'm sure Paperhorse, Zenax and Parma have seen it, so it's not a stretch to think that they put him in. Plus, DrumBeats used him in his LoK Mafia with the ability to permanently take away abilities from two players, and in this game, two players have claimed of having their abilities permanently taken away too. Additionally, I think a certain character(I'm not going to say who due to spoilers.) from LoK that can restore the powers taken away by Amon could also be in the game aligned with the Heroes. If Amon really is in the game with the role, then Phoenicks and Miss Mew are basically cleared. As to why Amon might have taken their abilities away, it could be that Phoenicks's role was taken away to frame Harpy, and Miss Mew's because they knew about her Vigilante powers through a Role Cop check.

Eh, it's possible but I don't think it's just a coincidence that the two people targeted by Harpy were the ones who had their ability removed. Even if it wasn't stated in her role PM I could see it being a hidden side effect of the role borrowing rather than presuming another role to perform it. Perhaps the delay with Phoenicks being informed his ability was lost was a mistake on the part of the hosts as Gliscor's ability being stolen coincided exactly with Harpy using her ability.

Its possible my ability has a hidden mechanic of taking it away for one phase and from that the person with the ability took away Phoenicks permanently to frame me.

@HumanDawn; Gliscorman was the vig and he never said it was taken away permanently. So far his is only temporary as far as we know

@Miss Mew; Knowing how to play the game is a large part of being a good host. Also this game is a bit of a tougher one to start off with since you subbed into it instead of being in since the beginning

Human, the invisibilty cloak thing wouldn't have worked on Nytie because he was hiding behind Oswin

Then you were either Roleblocked, or something else happened.

I think it's because she was hiding.

Okay, so we can save our lynch then on Oswin and Harpy can vig him tonight to prevent Oswin from using his governor ability.

But that means we have to figure out someone else to lynch now.

Confirming!

I'll be giving the thread another read-through starting now.

Oswin still had the most votes now. If we leave the votes till update, then Oswin gets lynched anyways.

And it's not like we have anyone better to lynch right at this moment anyways. Do we really need to test Harpy's loyalty, when she's on nobody's side by default?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom