• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

COMPLETE: Mandragora

Cool! Am writing new part for you right now. :) Expect it done in a few minutes... if I can.

Specule

You came to me while I slept. I was lying on my bed in my room in Team Mandragora complex on the outskirts of Hanada when you came to me; the sheets were pushed back because the night was warm, and you were sitting in your office all alone. The door was open, and you had rested your feet on the desk once more. You always seemed to put your feet up on your desk.

I wasn't really sleeping, just watching you from a distance in my dreams. It was strange; I was alone, and at the same time I had a new body that I could be with you inside of. Then Domino walked into the room, and you pulled your feet down of the desk and you had a bit of a pensive look upon your face. She dropped another folder on the desk, and you picked it up and nodded your head.

"Good," you said.

"The invasion's planned for tomorrow." Domino noted. "The complex is on the outskirts of Hanada… all the details are in that folder."

You nodded and read the folder, and I would have gone over and read it but I found that I didn't have the strength to move. It was as if my arms were being tied together and my feet were bound with chains. Domino turned and left the room, but she stopped when you called out to her and she turned back; her blonde hair fell from her cap, and the black tulip in her top pocket gleamed. She raised an eyebrow.

"Yes, sir?"

The scene was strange; from all the times that I had spent inside of your head, I had watched with the edges of the images blurred and rusted, and sometimes there were flickers and mirrored parts and strange, geometrical designs playing across the people. It was different in real life; I had found out what things really looked like, instead of just my twisted view from the window of your eyes.

People say eyes are a mirror into a person's soul; yours are like one-way glass. If someone looks into your eyes, if they get close enough to you to do so, they'll only see themselves. From the inside of you, they're windows into the world, but from the outside they reflect what they see. No distinct change in the pupils when you're stressed, because you never let it show.

"Good luck tomorrow," You said. She smiled and left the room.

Your eyes are ice-frosted mirrors.

Originally posted by Blackjack Gabbiani
With Ai/Akira assisting him, he certainly could...

<nods> So right that you have *NO* idea.

LET'S DO THE TIME WARP AGAIN!! <dances>

<turns off Rocky Horror soundtrack>

Heehee, I love being right. Which is why I love Quiz Bowl so much.

...which is why I had the nervous breakdown upon the team ranking last, which is why I wrote "I am Nobody", which can be found in this very forum!

I also love it when things come full-circle.

Adime

Sleep was fitful, and you woke before me. It was to the sound of alarms going off and lights flashing, once more it appeared, that I awoke. I quickly dressed and reached for your mind, but somehow you were blocked off from me; I took a back way to Akira's office, and she was sitting behind her desk with a strange look upon her face. The other 'executives' were gathered around her.

"Sakari," she said softly as I walked into the room.

I reached for your mind once more, and I found that it was nearer than usual. I suppose my eyes went blank as I began to see you, walking patiently up the hallway; but you looked different from what I remember. Black hair reaching to your shoulder, and a leather trench coat, also black that reached to your ankles and was buttoned up the front. You had a sinister look on your face.

Reality, if one could call it that, came back slowly; Akira was watching me intently. "He's here, isn't he?" she asked.

I could only nod.

It was strange, stranger than usual; I could see the office and all of that around me, Yuuki and Hanahime and a few others along with Akira at the desk in front of me, while at the same time I watched you walking down the hallway with a lilt to your step. It was then that I noticed Domino was walking behind you, followed by your daughter and her partner. The dan'in were being sent out to do little odd jobs; but you… you had something different to do.

"Well, Akira I presume,"

You walked into the office.

"Sakaki," she replied.

"Or is it, Fuji Ai?"

She raised an eyebrow. "Perhaps you know more than I thought…"

"I know enough," he shot back, "and enough is enough. It's over, Ms. Fuji."

You reached into your jacket and pulled out a gun. You fingered it gently, almost lovingly. "Well…" you moved.

The gun gleamed in the light, and it was facing towards Akira's face before anyone could react, and the three dan'in that were standing behind you had their guns out as well. Akira shook her head and just lifted a single finger, and I heard a rushing noise as the three dan'in were blasted away, and the gun in your hand blew away as sand. Akira sighed and took a breath.

"It's not over, Sakaki," and she raised her hand. "Not yet, at least."

...three dan'in? Domino, Musashi, and Kojiro? Or are these nameless grunts?

The latter. Working on the next part, while tidying my room, doing schoolwork, and preparing my bag for the weekend.

You post way too fast Toge ;)

Great updates, and yes, the story is really beginning to move...and to be cool!

Me will await more.

BTW, 8C/40F isn't bad weather. You try dropping by here. We have 40F like you, except with a little "-" in front of it ;) (ok, so THAT was an exceptional, -10/-20 is more the usual weather)

Originally posted by Damian Silverblade
You post way too fast Toge ;)

Great updates, and yes, the story is really beginning to move...and to be cool!

Me will await more.

BTW, 8C/40F isn't bad weather. You try dropping by here. We have 40F like you, except with a little "-" in front of it ;) (ok, so THAT was an exceptional, -10/-20 is more the usual weather)

I'm actually thinking of writing a hell of a lot more... maybe three more parts. I'm not sure... inspiration is picking me up on her not so subtle wings.

<shudder> I effing know, my brother... I was in Canada last effing year. Its... <shudder shudder shudder> <goes to stand in the 38C heat>

And to blacky... she doesn't?

Isn't she psychic? Or am I misconstruing astral projection?

There are birds living in my FUCKING roof.

<blink>

And yes, she's pyschich... her 'step-father' is Myutsuu... after all. ^^;;

And she doesn't have a gun...

Owari... <sniff> Final part.

Seep

Akira held her hand up, and you stared at her and were about to speak.

It was like a snap, when she dropped her hand. Your eyes rolled back up into your head and there was a strangled gasp as you hit the floor. You were almost dead, but Akira was standing over you. I would have run, could I have moved any part of my body, but I was stuck to the spot. Her eyes were flaming, and you, your mouth was clenched shut in a thin line and she was glaring.

"I can't let you take it all away," she said softly.

You shook your head, and involuntarily I did the same. The bond between us was wearing thin, like a fishing line, or a piece of three fold twine that was slowly being unravelled by the elements. I clenched it, threw myself into trying to keep it alive, let my life force flow to you. But you rejected it, and Akira bent down and placed her hand on your forehead. She spoke again.

"Very soon, there will be nothing but us… super-beings, and you humans… you will become us!" her eyes were almost mad, flaming and burning; the forests of her eyes were on fire.

The bond was wearing thin still more, and there was only the smallest of links holding us together. You were talking, trying to say something, and I was muttering under my breath and I could see what you were seeing. I could feel the life flowing out of your body, shuddering, trying to comprehend why she had done this to you. I couldn't feel anything any more… everything was fading.

"Goodbye Sakaki," Akira muttered a final time. "Say hello to God… if he exists. Tell him that I'm finishing what he started."

Then you were gone, and I fell to my knees as the tears started to flow. I was flowing out of my own body from the tear of you being ripped away from me. Akira smiled, and then she was back to normal. She turned with an almost triumphant look on her face to a room of shocked looks, but no body said anything. I fell forward, onto my face, and I reached out to grab your hand.

I tried to hold on.

"Wake up, Sakari," she said, and I felt her power fill me.

I opened my eyes and saw you a final time.

Then you were dead.

Last edited:
Erm... <pokes> Perhaps we should maybe edit some of those posts... seems, surreal...

Wormwood

You were gone.

"Hello Sakari," she said to me.

It had been raining the day before as I walked into the open-air funeral. There were many people gathered around, friends of the dan'in that had died, their superiors and their families. It had been the second funeral in three days to take place in that field, but today was the one that you would have attended, had you been able to. Akira had said to go with someone else, but I declined.

"Hello Domino," I responded.

I went alone, still cradling your memories and modality to me; this was the funeral that you would have attended, the one for you, you who died on that day. The coffin was mahogany, lying on the ground, and the lid was resting on it, but not nailed shut. The ceremony was short, and there were only a few people gathered round; your daughter was there, and so was her partner, because they had known you.

"Sad, isn't it?"

It had been raining the day before, and the big, pendulous clouds were still hanging in the sky. The grave had been dug and the coffin rested on slats above it, waiting for the people to come along to bury it six feet down. The headstone had been erected, but it was only temporary, and it didn't contain any of your details; because that was a procedure you had put into place.

"I suppose so… Domino…"

There wouldn't be any marker on the grave until a few months later, even had the family of the dead rocket wished it, because, by then, you would have been able to cover up your tracks enough so that no one would be able to find out that the person was the dead leader of roketto-dan. It was the same that day; I would have spoken, but I felt unwelcome amongst the crowd, and nobody recognised me.

"It's a sad day for Roketto-Dan…" she replied.

"Amen," the priest said, and he crossed himself.

Silently I shrugged.

The attendants of the funeral filed out, following the priest back to the car park on the other side of the cemetery. I was left alone, wondering if things would have happened differently if you had been there with me, and I clutched at your close mind, your mind was still with me; I walked to the coffin and gently slid the lid of it. I knew what to expect, but even so, it was a bit of a shock to me. Even though it was probably 'disturbing the dead', I looked.

She sighed. "I suppose…"

Your mind rushed finally away from me; I leant down and placed a kiss your forehead. Then I closed the lid and left the cemetery.

"He's gone, Domino, and I can accept that."

The walk home was long, and I began to understand loneliness.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 21 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom