• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia MCH Multiverse Mafia! ENDGAME (TOWN WIN); 6/16/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally on my laptop.
355MS.png
!

##End Hammer

We need to get rid of the hammer as some players are not active, so it prevents us from getting the majority vote as a result.

Crystal Onix does make a good point. If Elementar was town, wouldn't it be better to make use of that last item in case it's useful for someone else? Unless Elementar thinks he is going to live for another phase and save that item for another time?

Though, Elementar could have offered to send someone an item and FA could have done the watching thing in order to help validate his role in a sense. Although, the mafia might go after the person who receives the item and we might never know that they received that item, so that would have been a bad idea, maybe.

It's interesting that Drumbeats was a scumread for Elementar, then was killed the next night. Thoughts on that?
If Elementar is mafia, I think it would be very very very weird to go NK one's scumread as it would be better to keep DrumBeats alive for town to eventually lynch them rather than NK'ing them.

Plus, DrumBeats was a miller, so it would be good to keep them alive for cop checks and the fact that he was inactive.

Look at the following. DrumBeats rush-voted due to being busy.
Vote: Elementar

I'm pretty busy rn and the logic makes sense
DrumBeats - Scum. Also inactive, and has been dropping votes without reasoning. @DrumBeats, may I please hear your reasoning as to why you voted for me, not others. 'Logic' isn't solid enough to be a reason imo.

It just looks weird to me that mafia would NK their scumread unless they're doing it to lead us off their trail which could be a possibility.

It might be due to my current state of sleepiness, but I'm just torn as I want to believe Elementar.

Though, it might be best to vote for Elementar just to be sure.

Vote: Elementar

VOTE: Elementar

I was hoping to catch you in a lie since I knew you didn't visit anyone, but even though you told the truth about not, I still think you're our best lynch choice. Why not use the last item when you know you're likely going to be lynched otherwise? Maybe you're not even an inventor at all and instead you were just covering up for having visited and killed Sunsette.

If Elementar is mafia, I think it would be very very very weird to go NK one's scumread as it would be better to keep DrumBeats alive for town to eventually lynch them rather than NK'ing them.

Plus, DrumBeats was a miller, so it would be good to keep them alive for cop checks and the fact that he was inactive.
It may have been for the WIFOM factor since we could go around in circles about why DB was killed. And it's looking increasingly likely that there might not be copchecks at all and DB has mostly been seen as town, so mafia might've just wanted to take out someone quiet so we can't trace it to anyone. Or to make TheCapsFan look suspicious, since he is the other miller? Maybe that was part of the motivation, though I'd be shocked if Caps was scum at this point.

V-V-V-Votals! 5.1

EndHammer (4): FinalArcadia, jdthebud, Leggo, Crystal Onix

Rule change has been Hammered. The vote/lynch policy has been updated.

Elementar (3): Crystal Onix, Leggo, FinalArcadia

Voteless (4): jdthebud, Hellcrow, TheCapsFan, Elementar

With 7 alive, 5 results in a phase-ending HYPER-Majority. 24 hours & 50 minutes remain in phase.

Last edited:
If Elementar didn't visit DrumBeats, doesn't that clear him? Not sure how the mafia visiting the NK works.

It could be that only the person who sends in the NK would be shown. Therefore, even if Elementar is mafia, somebody else could send in the kill and Elementar wouldn't show up.

Usually I think it is that the person who sets the kill is the one who would show up. Given that the mafia know my ability, if Elementar is scum it would make sense that his teammate might put in the kill instead thinking Elementar was likely to be tracked and thus signing his own death warrant if he was caught.

Maybe, but I'm still wondering why they wouldn't just kill you in that case. I don't think there is a doctor role in this game, so I think they might be leaving you alive for a reason - in this case, to cast suspicion on a town visiting role like Elementar. I think Hellcrow is still a better lynch target IMO. Thoughts? @TheCapsFan

If Elementar didn't visit DrumBeats, doesn't that clear him? Not sure how the mafia visiting the NK works.
I don't know, maybe it's the person who sends in the action who gets registered but at any rate, there's a whole lot of scumminess going around now. The same emer-old reasoning I've been providing against Elementar and Hellcrow, except now there's the possibility that Elementar even visiting Sunsette was a lie. Now we know FA also lied, either about seeing Elementar visit Sunsette, or just now about not actually seeing that happen, which, either way, doesn't change everything that's happened since FA first accusing Elementar that looks scummy even on its own.

Maybe, but I'm still wondering why they wouldn't just kill you in that case. I don't think there is a doctor role in this game, so I think they might be leaving you alive for a reason - in this case, to cast suspicion on a town visiting role like Elementar. I think Hellcrow is still a better lynch target IMO. Thoughts? @TheCapsFan
Trust me, I've been wondering that same thing for a while now since I've been expecting to be dead since the Midorikawa lynch went through. I guess it is possible that the mafia could be trying to manipulate me in influencing who I'd target for my ability, but at the moment the only thing I know for certain is that Elementar visited Sunsette when she died and that on its own is scummy enough for me to vote. Plus, them planning this with Elementar would have required being certain I would look into his actions and that he would give an item to Sunsette all in the same phase; it just seems unlikely to me.

I don't know, maybe it's the person who sends in the action who gets registered but at any rate, there's a whole lot of scumminess going around now. The same emer-old reasoning I've been providing against Elementar and Hellcrow, except now there's the possibility that Elementar even visiting Sunsette was a lie. Now we know FA also lied, either about seeing Elementar visit Sunsette, or just now about not actually seeing that happen, which, either way, doesn't change everything that's happened since FA first accusing Elementar that looks scummy even on its own.
The lie I was talking about was hoping that when I asked Elementar this phase if he had given anyone an item that he would say he had, so then I'd be able to bust him for lying because I knew all along he didn't because of my ability. Unfortunately, regardless of his alignment he was truthful about not having done anything in the night, which kinda killed my plan to expose him if scum. Nothing I've said about that has been a lie; rather, I was hoping to catch Elementar in the middle of a lie since that would have made it absolutely certain he was scum. He did indeed visit Sunsette back on the phase she died, there is certain.

Oops, I forgot about the Hellcrow part lol.

@jdthebud

Hellcrow is also suspicious and it really worries me that he is clearly paying attention enough to have sent me a message and yet doesn't come in here to post, but a person having visited a player who died on the very phase of the killing is just a huge red flag and I'd feel more confident in the Elementar lynch. I also don't know how to take his message to me; it feels awfully bold for scum to say something that amounts to "almost the end and keep going, but who will be the winners?" with a ":3" face at the end, unless that's what he wants me to think. But personally I think we should deal with Elementar first.

So now we're voting for me because I didn't give someone an item? The item I could have created last night wasn't good. It would eventually cause chaos.

I'd say we've already got chaos, with three No Lynches in four days phases and few leads. All of the going back and forth isn't helping your case.

So now we're voting for me because I didn't give someone an item? The item I could have created last night wasn't good. It would eventually cause chaos.
But then what did you mean when you said you could prove you weren't mafia before? It sounds like you know in advance what your items are so you had to know this last one is apparently chaotic before last night phase. If not through an item, then what?

I worded my phrase pretty badly about proving my innocence. I should have included 'try,' because I can't prove my innocence. No one can really.

Did anyone get any messages last night? What did they say?

Also, FA, may you please explain this bit?

If not through an item, then what?

FA was asking how you were going to prove your innocence if you didn't send an item out? Pretty straightforward question. I don't like your reluctance to give out an item that may or may not be used. Even if it really is as chaotic as you claim, you could have given it out to someone you trust would be careful in using it. You missed a very good chance to prove your role and that is super suspicious, especially in light of the fact that you were apparently still able to post during the night phase, but too busy to submit a NA.

VOTE: Elementar

jdthebud said it well, but after your quarry -er, query- I figured I'd also reiterate my reasoning just so it's clear.
It wasn't simply the fact that you didn't send out the item that made you look scummy, nor was that the beginning of you looking scummy.
  • It began with FA saying she caught you visiting Sunsette on the night Sunsette got killed, which you admitted you did, claiming to be an inventor giving her an invention.
  • But why give an invention to your main scumread? In order to assess whether she was town, you claimed. Well, how did you plan on assessing whether she was town from giving her an invention, which had Sunsette been scum, could have been used for scummy purposes? No satisfactory answer was given.
  • Given the entire rest of the game's claimed setup, you, Hellcrow, and jdthebud are very likely to be two inventors and a courier. Of the three of you, I'd guess Hellcrow is the courier based on the message Sunsette got on Night 1. jdthebud claims to be neither an inventor nor a courier.
  • At the beginning of last night phase, you promised to prove you were town, only to backtrack on that promise once you got called on to deliver in the day phase.
  • You claimed to not have given out an item because you were too busy to, but you weren't too busy to read up on everyone else's posts and make a few of your own, trying to make it look as if no one had any real reason to lynch you.
  • You then claimed you didn't give out the item because it was your last item. This didn't hold up because, as I said, you must've known that without any substantial proof of you being town, you were going to get voted during the day phase, so why not give the item to an appropriate player rather than take it to your grave, if you really were a town inventor.
  • You then changed your story to you not giving it out because it would cause chaos, to which Sunsette said,
    I'd say we've already got chaos, with three No Lynches in four days phases and few leads. All of the going back and forth isn't helping your case.
I'd say this is quite a body of evidence you have going against you, not just one thing we all want to stubbornly latch onto. If it was just one thing, I'm sure we'd all be going after Hellcrow first.

@TheCapsFan Yes, you are still alive. Do you think you might have any thoughts which jade aid town in scumhunting, or maybe you might care to provide a list of town- and scumreads?

I'm not changing my story, but I'm providing additional information for it. And if I was scum, wouldn't I want a partner of mine to kill FA? They're continuously tracking me and that would get me off of my back. But I didn't do anything. I said that I was busy, yes, but I said that in the same post as my initial reasoning of being the last item.

VOTE: Hellcrow

As stated previously.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom