• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Metronome Moments

Regiruler

Miss me?
Reaction score
This is the thread to post some of the most memorable times involving the move metronome (whether you used the move or not), particularly in the case of it calling a ridiculously rare move (for example, Dark Void, Icicle Spear, etc.)
Two of mine were when metronome called Sacred Fire, and another in the battle Hall when it called Lunar Dance (I wasn't the one who used metronome in either instance).

When my Togekiss gets Memento when it has full health I get pissed.

Once I got Doom Desire and a later I got Psycho Boost, and I didn't even know those moves excited before then.

On Wifi PBR my Clefairy opponent gets Metronome Dark Void on my last Pokemon, Skarmory, then decides to spend it on a Wake-up Slape which Hardly did anything as I woke up and Killed it with brave Bird. I always remember that when I say or do something stupid, that i'm never a stupid as that guy on Wifi.

When my Togekiss gets Memento when it has full health I get pissed.

Once I got Doom Desire and a later I got Psycho Boost, and I didn't even know those moves excited before then.

You got lucky with Doom Desire and Psycho boost

On Wifi PBR my Clefairy opponent gets Metronome Dark Void on my last Pokemon, Skarmory, then decides to spend it on a Wake-up Slape which Hardly did anything as I woke up and Killed it with brave Bird. I always remember that when I say or do something stupid, that i'm never a stupid as that guy on Wifi.
Actually, he wasn't that stupid. That was a perfectly logical thing to do, as wake-up slap has 120 power when used on a sleeping opponent.

Metronome moments involving Munchlax/Snorlax and Clefairy:
-Copying the signature moves of legendary Pokemon (including Judgment, Spacial Rend, Sacred Fire, etc.)
-Selfdestruct/Explosion
-Snorlax Transforming into Bronzor while I was with Mira in Turnback Cave, then getting its moves Imprisoned by said Pokemon.

I can't remember everything I did.

Last edited:
Best Metronome spree with Mew!
Psycho Boost, Draco Meteor, then Hyper Beam.
I also seem to remember having gotten Judgement with Metronome, but I'm not sure whether I trust that memory.

Togetic Metronoming Transform against a wild Onix - then retaining the Onix's moveset through the Metronome glitch >< on the bright side, it knew Dragon Breath which was nothing short of epic XD

You got lucky with Doom Desire and Psycho boost

Well me and my friend used to have teams were everybody knew Metronome so I have had tons of random battles, but these are the one I remember best, I think I have had every signature move except for Shadow Force.

My Togepi beat Whitney's Miltank with Sacred Fire once. Oh yeah

In FireRed, I learned of the move Volt Tackle. How? My Clefable Metronomed it.

An awesome time(combo) Lock-On, and suddenly Sheer Cold XD AWESOME WIN(although, Togetic was gonna die XD)

WORST MOMENT!!! ... Splash, Splash, Self-Destruct ._. wtf...

when i was raising my Togepi so it would love me more, i had it use metronome and it used SEED FLARE!! i was like holy crap! it slaughtered that Psyduck in one hit!

When my Togekiss used Sacred Fire followed by Aeroblast at the Battle Tower (non-wifi though).

I was battling my friend in a metronome battle. He got sacred fire and aeroblast in a row but then he got lunar dance twice in a row. Also when I got dark void in the same battle one of his pokemon changed his ability to soundproof thing or something like that which didn't allow me to put to sleep. He also got aromatheraphy when 2 of hs togepi were statused

in the metronome cup in xd gale of d, I got my togepi to use areoblast, and my cleffa used sacred fire.
also, one, my opponent got glare from met., the both of my pokémon, (double battle) got glare too!

Here are my two favorites from today

"Gengar used Metronome.
Gengar used Conversion.
Gengar became the Normal type!"

"Machamp used Metronome.
Machamp used Drill Peck."

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom