• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Movie 16 'Genesect of Godspeed' announced for Japan: Shiny Genesect to be featured

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Movie 16 'Genesect of Godspeed' announced for Japan: Shiny Genesect to be feature

Simply having Genesect's DNA is enough honestly to revive more than one. Even without that explanation, we should not assume that there was only "one" Genesect in existence anyways 300 million years ago, there was likely several living species.

I hope they do issue out a Shiny Genesect with Extreme-speed (and several other bad-ass attacks) but looking at that image it appears to be the regular one. -_- I can at least hope they issue it out eventually. I like the theory that purple regular Genesect is a proto-type, and the red one is the real end result, because it incorporates another shiny to be relevant in a nice way like how Red Gyarados was back in G/S/C.

I'm still gonna hold out for the 300 million year version as well, because they can't seriously miss an opportunity to reveal it in the movie (probably in February). Knowing GF, I guess you never know, but I still have faith it could still be revealed to take on its Red modern counterpart.

Re: Movie 16 'Genesect of Godspeed' announced for Japan: Shiny Genesect to be feature

I hope they do issue out a Shiny Genesect with Extreme-speed (and several other bad-ass attacks) but looking at that image it appears to be the regular one. -_-
It's pretty obvious that the red Genesect will be distributed via one of the two movie-related downloads.

I'm still gonna hold out for the 300 million year version as well, because they can't seriously miss an opportunity to reveal it in the movie (probably in February). Knowing GF, I guess you never know, but I still have faith it could still be revealed to take on its Red modern counterpart.
Am I the only one who shudders at the thought of there being three Genesect in the movie? I would have liked to see the ancient counterpart, but if that were the plan I don't see why they would be bothering with this shiny, faster version. I'd rather see the red Genesect be defeated by a new Pokémon that also existed hundreds of million years ago. Also note that even the red Genesect is referred to as a "Pokémon from 300 million years ago", so it certainly doesn't seem that they're trying to establish the modern version as being a different species from the original one.

An ancient forme? Perhaps that "could" be a scenario in this movie. You have a point that 3 Genesect are a bit excessive, and not only that but the purple one would be heavily overshadowed by its shiny counterpart and ancient original version.

While I have no idea how, perhaps the purple one will somehow be able to revert to its original state after being outclassed by the shiny version. The only problem that I have with this is that a regular ancient version should be revived from a fossil rather than be an outright forme, though you never know, perhaps there is a device that will be made that could accomplish undoing Team Plasma's modifications.

We still need more movie info however, there is a possibility that the purple one won't even be in this movie, and that it will only feature the shiny counterpart while the regular purple one gets its spotlight in the new anime arc. If this scenario plays out, then there won't be 3 Genesect in the movie, only two (should the ancient one be released) and a theme with modern versus ancient. (or original vs modified in this case)

While I have no idea how, perhaps the purple one will somehow be able to revert to its original state after being outclassed by the shiny version. The only problem that I have with this is that a regular ancient version should be revived from a fossil rather than be an outright forme, though you never know, perhaps there is a device that will be made that could accomplish undoing Team Plasma's modifications.
I've thought about that, but that seems so clunky for the reason you listed. It would make more sense for the regular Genesect to represent technology and for the second revived Genesect to be an unmodified one, but that isn't happening.

We still need more movie info however, there is a possibility that the purple one won't even be in this movie, and that it will only feature the shiny counterpart while the regular purple one gets its spotlight in the new anime arc. If this scenario plays out, then there won't be 3 Genesect in the movie, only two (should the ancient one be released) and a theme with modern versus ancient. (or original vs modified in this case)
The regular Genesect is included in the latest movie trailer, but we can tell that it will have a minor role judging from the poster and summary. It would have to revert to its ancient form for that to change, but either way, I don't see it not appearing at all at this point.

But regardless of the number of Genesect in the movie, a Forme would be a poor representative of a new generation. The modern versus ancient theme could be easily pulled off by pitting Genesect against a different ancient species. I think that "What did Genesect look like 300 million years ago?" is the wrong question to ask, as chances are that Team Plasma did make it more powerful than it was originally, while reviving it as the vicious predator that it was to begin with (hence the Pokédex entries refer to its past, rather than treating it as a newly created species like Mewtwo). The more interesting question is "What exactly did Genesect do 300 million years ago, and which kinds of Pokémon interacted with it?"

Last edited:

Before you guys get carried away with 3 Genesects being in the movie, we're not even sure if there will be 2 in the movie. The teaser trailer confirms nothing besides the fact that Genesect is in the movie. If I missed something then I apologize!

Before you guys get carried away with 3 Genesects being in the movie, we're not even sure if there will be 2 in the movie. The teaser trailer confirms nothing besides the fact that Genesect is in the movie. If I missed something then I apologize!
The regular Genesect is seen flying in the beginning, only to be outsped by the shiny version.

I'm aware of that, but they could just be showing that to empathize how faster the Red Genesect is compared to the normal one? I'm thinking the normal one is the Genesect we'll probably see in the anime.

I'm aware of that, but they could just be showing that to empathize how faster the Red Genesect is compared to the normal one? I'm thinking the normal one is the Genesect we'll probably see in the anime.
It could end up being nothing more than a comparison, and either way it's all but confirmed that the regular Genesect will be featured in Episode N. But the current teaser does imply that it will also have a minor role in the movie, if only in the prologue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom