• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

My beautiful poorly upscaled color corrected gen 1 sprites

I’M AN ACTUAL ARTIST! Not a good one but I really do art. It’s mostly physical art stuff and looks like a 5th grader did but I do do art. I can’t draw any Pokémon to save my life though so that’s why you never seen it.

Attachments

• IMG_1669.jpeg
    IMG_1669.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 10
  • IMG_1668.jpeg
    IMG_1668.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 9
  • IMG_1667.jpeg
    IMG_1667.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 10
  • IMG_1666.jpeg
    IMG_1666.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 12
  • IMG_1665.jpeg
    IMG_1665.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 11
  • IMG_1664.jpeg
    IMG_1664.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 13
Okay you don't need more Blue in your life do you? I need it and I need attention. Here's my stupid head cannons about this 11 year old one time champion turned gym leader. Oh how the mighty have fallen.

Blue is often categorized as jerk rival but is he really? I mean he is sometimes mean and can be surprisingly nice. He feels more like your moody childhood friend or rival. Really moody surprisingly to the point he feels poorly written. Blue is at his best when is he surly but not mean. Say what you will about his faults but Blue is way more likeable then other jerk rival Silver who is probably better written. Silver is a tiring drag at the best of times and obnoxious at the worst. Blue is way more likeable than Trace too.

If you have no idea who Trace is then he is the rival in Lets Go. Blue is here too and is delightful with his theme filled electric guitars. Trace is surprisingly effective as a rival. I am probably Trace's biggest fan. The most notable thing about Trace is that he is lowkey terrified of the player character which fair. I mean your no Red but you are pokemon protagonist. The weirdest thing about him is that he became champion, stepping into the big shoes Blue left behind. It feels slightly out character but it works, behind all the nervousness is an innate bravado and god the champion music fits him so well.

If you really think about it there is piece of Trace in Blue too. Two sides of the same coin you know? I still prefer Blue to Trace in all ways expect one. The ending speech by Oak. I think Oak is awful person and was bullshiting Blue there. I mean he uses a Pigdeot I can't believe that Blue dosen't treat his pokemon any worse then Red does. Its sad as what Oak said to Trace was so sweet. It just sucks he was so harsh to his own Grandson and so nice to an aqutanice.

Some random headcannons: Blue picked Charmender as his starter as Red picked Bulbsaur. Pigeot is his favorite pokemon. For his name as the picture file yes I think Blue as his middle name works (and its cute). Blue lost Raticate not just boxed it or Red killed it. Raticate just pulled a Ingo and fell though the floor. Blue didn't know how to use TMs or Evotoin stones until he almost became Chapion. Oak is problably at least emotoinaly abusive to Blue even if the forgetting his name thing is a joke. Trace is at least mildly related to Blue in some way or is a Zorark; one or the other. If Blue was pokemon his Ablitys would be Moody and Competive. Trace would be Rattled and Defiant. They would share the Hidden Abilty Sheer Force.

Edit: I like Silver. I just wish the informatoin he was Giovanni son was in the orginal games as that makes him like 2 times better as a character.

Attachments

• Green Blue Oak.png
    Green Blue Oak.png
    8.3 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
This was just a touch up just for me but I adore how the Beauty's hair looks. Truly a beautiful color-corrected gen 1 sprite. Just not poorly upscaled anymore because it looks very, very ugly and I wished I found out who to upscale good before I started with project that is just now spinning in circles.

Attachments

• Girles.png
    Girles.png
    6.3 KB · Views: 7
Back
Top Bottom