• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Negaishipping - Ash/Iris

Alot of people joining. This may not mean much but welcome! Sorry the topic wasn't so good. This is just one of my favorite ships and i hope it goes far in the series. Okay, it's been weeks! WTF!!! I know it's Christmas time but come on people!! I check this place every darn day! We just need some hints. I'm going to list all the Negai hints so far, and maybe that'll get this place up and going.

BW 2: Ash and Iris meet. Iris blushes when she meets Ash. The she leaned close to him, asking about Zekrom. Later, Ash was disappointed Iris was gone, then when he fell out of a tree, Iris was worried about him and rushed to his side.

BW 3: Ash and Iris begin to argue who was following whom, and Iris started the whole "Such a child" gag. Then Iris said she was following Ash because he was unfamilar with the Unova region. When Oshawott went missing, Iris offered to help Ash, but he was stubborn. Finally, at the end, when Ash lost hold of the Megaroco, Iris grabbed his hand. Iris said Ash was too crazy, and Ash told her that was nothing. Iris and Ash continued to hold on to each other when the Megaroco straightened themselves, and finally looked at each other and smiled.

BW 4: While Ash was taking care of Tepig, Iris was looking and smiling at him. Then when Ash fell down, Iris yelled his name in worry.

BW 5: Iris was giving Ash these lustful looks during his battle.

BW 6: After Ash won his badge, he asked Iris what she thought. She said he didn't have to challenge all three gym leaders and could've had a better stradegy. Then Dento broke up the fight, and Iris said she was leaving. Then he looked confused and said he thought Iris and Ash were traveling together. Iris got mad at that. Later, Iris appeared behing Ash and scared him. Then when Ash asked her to join him, she seemed VERY happy.

BW 8: While Ash and Iris were stuffing their faces at the pokemon center, Dento looked at them and said they were both unexpectedly alike. Then Ash and Iris got mad and yelled at him.

BW 9: Ash seemed jealous of Dento since Iris battled Dento instead of him. Later, Ash pulled Iris out of the way of the acid.

BW 10: Iris was giving Ash those lustful looks again during his battle with Shooti.

BW 11: Not much, but Ash said Iris was amazing after she made the medicene for Yannapu.

BW 13: Iris seemed jelous Ash was giving Bel more attention than she was.

That's all. Come on people COME ON PEOPLE, WHERE ARE YOU!!!

Last edited:
You forgot to put Iris defended Ash when Shooti refused to battle him and I guess some peopple just on't like this pairing "sighs"

Oh yeah, Iris defending Ash from Shooti. Good one. On Bulbapedia, they said Pokeshippers, Advanceshippers, and Pearlshippers don't like Negaishipping because Iris is too much like Misty. ********! Iris can be like her, but she's unique in her own way. I won't try to change their minds, but still, each girl is unique.

Iris isn't too much like Misty, actually it's the opposite. Misty has anger issues, she was hitting Ash and Brock all the time, she even threw a log at Brock. Iris is nothing like Misty, everyone has their personalities, Iris doesn't have anger issues, she doesn't have any older sisters, she doesn't have a bike, she doesn't treat Ash like Ash was treated to Misty. Misty actually thougth that Ash was a talentless loser. Iris just calls Ash a kid but secretly adores him. The only thing that Misty and Iris have in common is that they're both Gym leaders

Iris isn't too much like Misty, actually it's the opposite. Misty has anger issues, she was hitting Ash and Brock all the time, she even threw a log at Brock. Iris is nothing like Misty, everyone has their personalities, Iris doesn't have anger issues, she doesn't have any older sisters, she doesn't have a bike, she doesn't treat Ash like Ash was treated to Misty. Misty actually thougth that Ash was a talentless loser. Iris just calls Ash a kid but secretly adores him. The only thing that Misty and Iris have in common is that they're both Gym leaders

Thank You! But I don't think that Iris is a gym leader yet. We only know her to have 2 pokemon, 1 of which is Kibago, who stinks at battling. The other is Doryzu, who's strong but won't listen to Iris. She's just a gym leader in the games. But I agree that they're not alike. The only thing that Negai and Poke shipping have in common is the whole hate=love theory. And we've only had a few episodes so far. This ship still has lots of time to grow. Does anyone have fan art? Just wondering...

P.S. 7 more days until Christmas. Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukha, and a Happy New Year!

Oh yeah, Iris defending Ash from Shooti. Good one. On Bulbapedia, they said Pokeshippers, Advanceshippers, and Pearlshippers don't like Negaishipping because Iris is too much like Misty. ********! Iris can be like her, but she's unique in her own way. I won't try to change their minds, but still, each girl is unique.

Maybe not all..Me,as a Pokeshipper,I like Negaishipping..Iris and Misty may have in common or not,Iris still has personality that may have difference from other female leads.
-Just like floracat said,each girl is unique..and makes difference..

Emerald Gary and Dr. Roobushin welcome!!..

What do you think negaishipping will be like at the end of best wishes?

Iris and Ash would spend a lot of time for each other,travel and see the future for both of them...*I'll add later*

Thank you Angie for answering my question!!! I have to agree with you. Them traveling alone would be great, every shippers dream. I noticed that when they were traveling alone they got alot more hints. Ever since Dento joined it's been less and less. I don't Iris being a background character, I want her to be useful. Come on Anime Writers!!! By the way, less than 1 week til Christmas!!!! *excited*

I agree with floracat, they are getting less and less more hints, I liked it better when they were just traveling together but I still like Dento, he's adorable. I don't think Iris has a hate love relationship with Ash, she just calls him a child and really likes him I emean I bet the reason on why Iris wanted to travel wih Ash was because he is cute, Iris is attracted to cute Pokemon by the way. I would find it cool if they didn't make her a Gym leader in the anime, it would be interesting and if she is, then I hope she decides not to continue being a Gym leader like Dento did. I want Iris, Dento, and Ash to keep on traveling together, maybe they'll get stranded on a island and Ash and Iris are seperated from Dento, that would make more Negaishipping hints and Iris was jealous that Bel was paying alot of attenion to Ash, she didn't like her too much but she doesn't hate her, Bel might be Barry's sister for pete's sake! :)

It was like that with alot of girls. Lots of people would wish that Brock would stop coming and give the whole Ash and Main girl ship time to develope.

What do you think would happen to Negaishipping if Dento never came?

Just wondering, every Ash/Main girl shippers wonder about them traveling alone. What do you think?

i don't know if there will be more hints or not. i wonder though if Dento might bring the 2 together.

I don't think strong hints may occur without a 3rd person..there might be hints but not as many..no one might ask ''are you jealous'' and making Iris or Ash!? blushed..hmm..

I wonder if Dento will be like Lyra? I mean, Lyra obviously supports Pearlshipping... so Dento could support Negaishipping!

Can anybody tell me what "Negai" means? (don't kill me!)

Can anybody tell me what "Negai" means? (don't kill me!)

Negai is from the Japanese characters 願い (negai) to mean 'wish' (in terms of 'desire,' 'prayer,' or 'request'). It is used as an alternate name over WishShipping, after the series title "Best Wishes."

Source: Bulbapedia

Ahh, so that's what Negai means. I don't get half the shipping names they come up with.:eh:

Well Negaishipping is a easy name of a pairing and the most understandable, the other shippings names are based off the show, at least Negaishipping isn't like Lamourghshipping, I think the writers are trying to put Ash and Iris together since whenever someone from the anime say that the two main charater are very alike, the writers usually put them together and I find it awesome that Dento might be a Negaishipper, he's good since he's one of the main charaters and not a supporting charater like Kotone.

Yeah, Dento isn't a Negaishipper yet, but has the potential to become one. Like in BW6, he said he thought the two were traveling together, and Iris got mad at him. Also, while Iris and Ash were arguing, Dento said they had a strange flavor. I wonder what he meant by "flavor". I noticed he compares things with flowers and cooking, so I think he meant that Ash and Iris were good together.Then in BW8, Dento said that Ash and Iris were so unexpectedly alike and they yelled at him. Dento may become a Negaishipper, I can see it happening. Brock wasn't a shipper in any way with Ash. He was no help. But Dento, definitly! I think it would be so cute if he started to call them a couple. Ash and Iris would freak!

Yeah and the best thing about Dento is that he's a sommelier something. I think he thinks that Ash is a good match for Iris

I agree, Dento seems like a negaishipper.

also i can see iris hugging ash like this sometime in the future since she seems to be the type who hugs those who near to her often.

hug.jpg

Has Ash ever hugged a girl, or has a girl ever hugged him. Hugging would be interesting, wouldn't it?

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom