• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Nevermet ships

Blackjack Gabbiani

Back due to popular demand!
Reaction score
What sorts of pairings do you like between characters who've never met? Especially if we can't assume that they met off-screen.

I'm really into ArtificialParadiseshipping but AI Sada and AI Turo don't even exist in the same timeline so unless they both get dragged to Masters or we find out that their respective machines somehow led to the same place, then they can't meet. But they would be so sweet together! They'd be way healthier as a couple than their creators were (though I ship them too, it still didn't end well).

i've come to like a bunch of random nevermet ships (i basically ship shielbert with anyone, oops) but ones im esp fond of are

captiveprinceshipping (shielbert x looker), this was a suggestion by one of my friends and i think they'd have a kinda funny dynamic (aka, shielbert would be hitting on that man while being arrested LOL)
witnessprotectionshipping (shielbert x giovanni) i dunno what exactly makes this one click for me, but it's a super fun pairing i think.
royalnightshipping (shielbert x nita) i really think the dynamic for this one would be cute, they work well aesthetically, they're both younger siblings. it's just really a perfect ship that i'm surprised took so long for me to consider. compared to most of my other shielbert ships i see them having a healthy mutual relationship right off the bat (though it can be more interesting when ships are complicated i suppose)
i dont think this one has a ship name but i also really like shielbert x burgh, the way they've come to be portrayed is kinda interesting considering they have no canon relationship? it's kinda been portrayed in my artwork in an almost one sided obsessive artist x muse way, and it scratches my brain just right.

now that the shielbert ships are out of the way, some other nevermets i like:

sugarandspiceshipping (guzma x katy) i got into this one via these forums! i really like the idea of them together, i dunno it's hard to describe my reasons for liking stuff i just kinda think it's neat. i like the idea of katy being a positive influence on guzma and someone like her being something he really needed even if he didn't realize it. it'd be a really sweet relationship and i kinda wish they'll meet in masters so that people will find out about the ship and start drawing and writing about it

i'm a big fan of kris/lyra/leaf--kris & lyra don't technically meet i believe, and of course neither of them have met leaf! i don't really have anything specific, i just like the ideas i have of them in my mind. i saw ship art of kris & leaf on tumblr that i really liked & already kind of enjoyed the idea of kris & lyra so i just combined them into one lol.

i'm a big fan of kris/lyra/leaf--kris & lyra don't technically meet i believe, and of course neither of them have met leaf! i don't really have anything specific, i just like the ideas i have of them in my mind. i saw ship art of kris & leaf on tumblr that i really liked & already kind of enjoyed the idea of kris & lyra so i just combined them into one lol.
Kris and Lyra team up in the Johto Villain Arc of Pokémon Masters, if you're interested (my apologies if you already know that).

dawn and lyra !! i have a friend who really likes them so they've grown on me a bunch lately ^_^ newreplacementshipping is a huuuge fav too, but kris and lyra interact in pokemas soo i don't think it'd count? probably x_x oh oh also lightpinkshipping!! since you can't talk to yancy when playing as rosa usually... T_T

Kind of a crack ship but I ship Dusknoir x Munna from PMD lol. I think it's interesting how similar they are but their goals are pretty much the opposite since Dusknoir wants to survive at all costs while Munna is just depressed and has given up on everything.

It's kinda funny how Masters has turned some nevermet ships into... Met ships lol!

I don't really have any nevermet ships, but if I did... I think Mitsumi (DPA) and Nemona would be cool.

Back
Top Bottom