• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New Eeveelutions in Sun/Moon or Gen 7?

I personally would like to see a Dragon-type Eeveelution for Pokemon Sun and a Ghost-type Eeveelution for Pokemon Moon. But we would have to wait until we get closer to see what we will get.

Just for you @BigBadButterfree.

dragon eevee.jpg

Rather than a traditional dragon, I used as inspiration the Koma Inu, AKA Lion Dog, the creature that protects Shrines in Japan, since turning a mammal into a reptile seemed counter-intuitive to me. It's ears are made to resemble the Asiatic dragon's horns, the fur and tail are meant to be like the fiery mane of the Koma Inu, but not overlap with Flareon's design. How the mane is spiky also does hint at a more traditional reptilian dragon. The curl in it's head tuft and tail are similar to the curly fire designs in Asian art and the Koma Inu. The design is simple and the body is only three colors, since typically Eeveelutions are only three colors. The grey is to refer to the Koma Inu stone statues, the teal to the patina on metal statues, and red for contrast and represent flames that dragons breathe, as well as the Koma Inu's typical depiction of having gold or red manes.

Last edited:
Just for you @BigBadButterfree.

Rather than a traditional dragon, I used as inspiration the Koma Inu, AKA Lion Dog, the creature that protects Shrines in Japan, since turning a mammal into a reptile seemed counter-intuitive to me. It's ears are made to resemble the Asiatic dragon's horns, the fur and tail are meant to be like the fiery mane of the Koma Inu, but not overlap with Flareon's design. How the mane is spiky also does hint at a more traditional reptilian dragon. The curl in it's head tuft and tail are similar to the curly fire designs in Asian art and the Koma Inu. The design is simple and the body is only three colors, since typically Eeveelutions are only three colors. The grey is to refer to the Koma Inu stone statues, the teal to the patina on metal statues, and red for contrast and represent flames that dragons breathe, as well as the Koma Inu's typical depiction of having gold or red manes.

You're my new favorite. And of course now any design that GF comes up with won't compare XD

^Isn't that just Fennekin? Just kidding.

I kind of imagine a flying type eevee as like the Luck Dragon, but cuter and smaller. Rather than flapping it's ears or anything to fly, it would be more of a wind spirit that can levitate without any propulsion. After all, the only other Pure Flying type pokemon is Tornadus -- basically a wind spirit. Dual type flying pokemon tend to be some kind of animal that can achieve flight or control wind, but Flying on it's own represents air or wind the element, rather than simply flight.

You know what I think would be adorable? A pure Flying-type that looks very similar to Eevee, but has giant Dumbo-esque ears.

Why the hell didn't I think of that? Especially when I wrote my blog. Can we get some concept art on this?

@DracoMan Ask and ye shall receive.

It's Flapeon, the flying Mint Bunny! I made it green instead of blue, because we already have vaporeon and glaceon who are blue. Green is commonly used to represent wind, so I thought it was a good color.

Awww. It does kinda look like a greenish cloud creature. I hope Ken Sugimori reads this thread.

Maybe NoirGrimoir should join the art staff.

@DracoMan Ask and ye shall receive.

It's Flapeon, the flying Mint Bunny! I made it green instead of blue, because we already have vaporeon and glaceon who are blue. Green is commonly used to represent wind, so I thought it was a good color.

I love your Eeveelutions! GameFreak should hire you.

I would like to see a poison eevee. I don't really like the idea of a dragon type eevee. For me it just seems odd. It wouldn't fit eevee I think

^Same, personally. Like, I can see it shoe-horned in, but I would rather they just didn't.

(Also, thank you for your kind words everyone! I'm glad you like the concept drawings!)

My ideas for a poison eevee are a little generic. Essentially, purple jolteon, heh.

Maybe they can do three evolutions of Eevee this time? Dragon, Poison and Steel but I be happy with one or two.
Actually this is something Id like to see again, I dunno if they will consider it, but it'd be neat, would cover some types a little faster.

If we don't get a Bug type Eevee, I'd really like a Steel type. And I'd want it to look really robotic or look like it's been armored up for a jousting match. Or maybe we could get a Ghost type in this Gen perhaps? I just don't know how that one might work...

I wouldn't mind seeing a Ghost type Eeveelution. Acquired by using either a new stone or dusk stone. Or, as a split off evolution of the bug type one a la Nincadia.

Bug or Poison/Steel/Ghost would be sweet.

I would like to see second stage Eeveelution, for exemple, give a water stone to an Umbreon: you have a water/dark Eeveelution, bring a Flareon to an ice rock to get a fire/ice Eeveelution! Sure, with already 8 Eeveelution out there, that would create 28 new pokemons, assuming the order in which you evolve it does not matter (i.e.: a Flareon getting a water stone would be the same as à Vaporeon getting a fire stone), but so what?? It would be massive, and à huge change, but I would love to see, althought I'm pretty sûre the odds are close to zéro of that happening.

But I say it would be very cool!

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom