• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New Eeveelutions in Sun/Moon or Gen 7?

I still don't see why we couldn't get another eeveelution, they did say that all images are incomplete, it does make sense that they would have done a teaser by now, but maybe they want to keep it a surprise, maybe they want nobody to expect it, I mean we have that one key...ring...lookin thing........ I certainly did not expect them to come up with something as lame as that ._.
Why would they bother to make a special Pokédex screen that specifically leaves out one evolution when they could just not show it? Also GF is really bad with leaving surprises out of prerelease materials. Sylveon was the first Gen 6 Pokémon we saw that wasn't a starter or box legendary. If there was a new eeveelution we would have seen it by now.

I hate the idea of Alolan Eeveelutions. I dont think this is a good solution. Its kind of a slap on the face for the remaining types. They will not have their own identiy or their own names. They'll be "Alolan Vaporeon" etc. I do really not like that idea at all. I think the remaining types deserve to be new Eeveelutions that stand on their own and dont have existing names or are other versions of existing Eeveelutions. Plus the Eeveelution's names correspond to their types. I dont think this idea would work for Eeveelutions.

I had a dream that they revealed a new eeveelution but it had big lips and makeup and kinda looked like a Jynx/Bruxish themed Eeveelution.

and everyone was booing it.

(This was important information that everyone needed to know)

Plus the Eeveelution's names correspond to their types.

Since Alolan Sandshrew exists, the names shouldn't really stop variations from happening.

Reagional variants of the current Eeveelutions can exist alongside future ones, but I feel like that should happen if we do get the rest of the types as new Eeveelutions.

EDIT: Either way, regional variants of Eeveelutions would be another way to milk the Eevee line, especially in this Generation. Though they could go for Mega Evolutions instead or leave the Eevee line as it is like @The_Doctor said.

I'm expecting the latter anyway, they probably would've shown an Alolan Eeveelution with the announcement if there was going to be one tbh. Though, Espeon and Umbreon getting Mega Evolutions would be nice... Especially since they're the first sun & moon duo.

We'll see when the games are out.

Last edited:
While I think physical type variants COULD work, didn't that one trailer already show a kid evolving his eevee into an umbreon? Therefore, we know that there's no variation in eevee or umbreon. So, while others COULD be possible, I feel like thats unlikely.

Besides, isn't eevee' while evolution line basically the precursor to these regional variants? It simply adapts to its environment. It's like the Nido family. They were the first to have gender differences, yet they were never retconned into being the same Pokemon or whatever.

Noone ever said anything about non Alohan variants not being available.

Well, why would you catch a non-alolan variation in alola? Like, I feel the only way to get a normal, fire-type vulpix would be to transfer it. So to me, it would seem that the eevee that populate alola are the same eevee that populate the rest of the world, i.e., no variation.

But it's Pokemon, I guess anything could really happen.

I don't know how I feel about Alola Eeveelutions. On one hand it could turn out really well, but on another, I don't think the idea really suits Eevee and how it evolves.

I think there wont be such evolutions. Vaperon only would need a new secondary ability. It has a free slot for that.
They could although change its apperance only or not?

I am an Eeveelution lover, as people may know and, as such, I want the remaining types to be introduced as proper Eeveelutions~ Not some variant of an existing one~ Eevee's entire motif is that it changes as it adapts to its environment~ As such variants of existing Eeveelutions would make no sense with the rest seeing as they lack the trait of being direct results of Eevee's mutations~

Let the remaining Eeveelutions come the right way, not like this just for the sake of having them~ It just comes off as half-assed~

I keep hearing across this conversations that it's 100% confirmed no new eeveelutions, can someone link me to an official website or page or an image, even, that proves that true, I keep hearing this mess about a shot of the pokedex and no new eeveelution slots. 1) if they didn't capture the whole pokedex, than who's to say the new eeveelutions aren't at the end? it would make sense for them to have the eeveelutions next to eachother, but then they would have to re-number a bunch of pokemon, and tbh I could care less if they were not next to eachother in the pokedex. 2) I haven't seen any posts any where where it's 100% confirmed. so a link to said pages would be helpful, oh and the page/s have to be official, otherwise I have reason to believe it could be faked.

I keep hearing across this conversations that it's 100% confirmed no new eeveelutions, can someone link me to an official website or page or an image, even, that proves that true
I think it's 100% confirmed that we have 0% confirmation on any/no new Eeveelutions.
Just don't ask me to prove that. ;)

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom