• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New Pokémon Discussion

Which flying pokemon in B/W do you prefer?

• Unfezant

Votes: 9 4.9%
  • Swoobat

Votes: 15 8.2%
  • Sigllyph

Votes: 18 9.9%
  • Archeops

Votes: 38 20.9%
  • Swanna

Votes: 14 7.7%
  • Braviary

Votes: 61 33.5%
  • Mandibuzz

Votes: 7 3.8%
  • Pfffft, i'll use a legendary.

Votes: 8 4.4%
  • No.

Votes: 12 6.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Gen V Starter Discussion

If we just go by the number (and they didnt shuffle the Pokemon)
The left one will be a Grass Pokemon, the middle will be the Fire Starter, and right will be the Water Starter.

Or why not have the left one water, top grass and right fire. A fire bear/beaver would be frikin awesome, and it could give it some edge. Just please no fighting type. Maybe a flying type if its the rabbit, like flying with its ears! Oh and for some reason, I feel like the left one has its head turned, and its pointy.

In that on the right,i think those ears are actually eyes...
On a second thought,no

Last edited:

Holy shit that would look hilarious, like the wind-waker design of the chu-chu's. So hell to the no on that one. Water is what I use, I don't need it to look that ugly.

...like Eruka from Soul Eater!

Now that the new starter pokemon silhouettes have been anounced, theres something interesting to tell you. On the new black and white pictures on serebii theres a building that has three pokemon on it, I think there pokemon, but they look like the new starter pokemon.
Its Pikachu piplup and chikorita.

Now that the new starter pokemon silhouettes have been anounced, theres something interesting to tell you. On the new black and white pictures on serebii theres a building that has three pokemon on it, I think there pokemon, but they look like the new starter pokemon.
That are Chikorita, Pikachu and Piplup, I guess.. I mean, there's a green Pokémon which looks like Chikorita, because of the dark-green top which is the same is Chikoritas leaf, a yellow Pokémon, which obviously is Pikachu and a blue-white Pokémon, which probably is Piplup.

Need I say more?

Darn, Mitch ninja'd me.

That are Chikorita, Pikachu and Piplup, I guess.. I mean, there's a green Pokémon which looks like Chikorita, because of the dark-green top, a yellow Pokémon, which obviously is Pikachu and a blue-white Pokémon, which probably is Piplup.

Need I say more?

...would that really appeal for the younger audiences, who don't know one of the three?

...would that really appeal for the younger audiences, who don't know one of the three?
I didn't state that? And come on, are you saying that even the younger audiences don't know Pikachu?

Who cares who it appeals, its simply pasting familiar faces onto a billboard in game. Anyway what if the water type had a fishbowl on. Like his head is way too round. Would be awesome, to have a large ass fishbowl on the final evolution, maybe not even rounded, but spiked.

http://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/pokemon.shtml

look closely at the silhouettes
is it me, or can i see "some" of the pokemon features
like the four legged poke is looking side-on, it looks brown....ish
the one on the right looks like it has it's back facing towards us and it's eyes are on the left side
i can't see much on the one that looks the best out of all

You know what I totally get what you mean. I thought I was the only one seeing things, lol. Glad I'm not crazy. Yeah, the left one looks like some sort of bird, the top is definitely a rodent, maybe a rabbit, and the one on the right appears to be a bear.

So my guesses:

Left - Grass: Bird/Reptile thing.
Right - Water: Polar Bear, maybe.
Top - Fire: Jack Rabbit, I guess.

But think about it they wouldnt show pokemon like chikorita unless its in the national dex which it probally isnt.

A) All Pokémon are in the National Dex. I think you mean regional Dex, but even then that doesn't work because Piplup is pretty obviously up there, and Piplup probably won't be in the regional Dex either.

B) We just had HGSS. How would the newer generation of players not know about Chikorita?

Even if its not its there. They could likely change it later on for sure.
http://www.filb.de/1294
Watch and see what I mean. Jun those are not its types.

I saw the Gen 5 pokémon starters sihlouettes (http://serebii.net/blackwhite/pokemon.shtml)

Left: Water type (that tail seems to me very "water type")
Right: Grass type (maybe a Koala based pokémon)
Bottom: Fire type (maybe a Rabbit based pokémon)

Seriously looking at them, I think it is grass fire water in the PokeSun poster thing. The grass one looks like it could have leafs for feet ffs. 0_o Flygon god damnit, I knew you looked familiar.

Holy shit that would look hilarious, like the wind-waker design of the chu-chu's. So hell to the no on that one. Water is what I use, I don't need it to look that ugly.
Hey,Wynaut?
Frogs are cool,man.
However,i tried to draw some eyes and,nope, they're ears...

Yep. Definitely ears of some sort. Oh and for reference on Flygon.
oqzzic.png

Am I the only one that immediately thought of Cyndaquil upon seeing the one on the left?

Back
Top Bottom